Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-09-2015, 01:54 PM   #113
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Everyone's sales dropped in June which is interesting. I said earlier this year the Mustang launched at one of the best times in the last few years due to the fuel prices and the economy. With fuel prices now as low as they were before Katrina in many places, I predict they will set a record this year and easily outsell the Camaro and Challenger. That said, if oil stays low through to next spring, the 6th gen could jump back to first as the newness factor shifts from Ford.

Also pretty obvious Camaro sales have plunged after the reveal. Doubtful even big discounts will change that much as many people now know there is something new coming. But is still amazing it is outselling the refreshed Challenger with all the Hellcat/Scat Pack hype.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:19 PM   #114
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
GM has received my money over the years, too. Likely more from me than they have received from you. Like I said, I'm not a brand-loyal guy. I buy the cars that give me driving pleasure and what the is changes/has changed as I've gotten older.
Not trying to give you a hard time, but the Z28 that you may or maynot have had for a short time, (never seen pictures because it was raining, some say the cars that you bought were still in the dealers inventory, and some random guy saw your Z and just had to have it, so you sold it!

You have a GT350 and GT350R on order. Maybe, I thought you were a real car guy and was looking forward to here what your impressions are of all 3 cars. You didn't give the Z a chance, didn't mention it much at all. Not saying your obligated to answer anything, it just seems you would want to share a rare experience like that. It would have not mattered to me if you didn't like the Z.

The last thing is your user name, kinda offensive to the Z. Maybe if it was changed to GT3poop, it would describe who you really are!

Last thing, we have time until the new cars are on the road. I never saw a picture of your '67 Camaro. You can add it here, I doubt anyone would be mad at looking at 1st Gen Camaro!
Old 09-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #115
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
I interjected my disconcern with GMs sales numbers on a PUBLIC FORUM. My opinion, in fact has LITERALLY, nothing remotely to do with you, your brand preference, or your imaginary Z28. Lol. Shouldn't you be refilling thePills beer, or somethin?
And I post my opinions on the same forum and get called out as a troll when I say something that doesn't sit well with people of a particular mindset. What's the difference?

We got it, you don't care if the Camaro sells well or not. You have yours, it's special and, in your opinion, the fewer of them there are on the road, the more special it makes you feel.

Again, if my opinions mean nothing to you, and you really don't care what I say or do, then why continue to reply directly to my posts and make unsubstantiated and immature comments? Do you not have the intellectual fortitude to refrain from doing so? Obviously not.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:53 PM   #116
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Agreed, have to wait till both cars are out to really see.

Plunge in June wasn't really as bad as you think KM,

June Mustang sales were 11,719 but July sales did drop quite a bit to 8482
Yep..I know...that's why I said June/July....Sorry I meant over that time period as a whole...it plunged.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:00 PM   #117
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
And I post my opinions on the same forum and get called out as a troll when I say something that doesn't sit well with people of a particular mindset. What's the difference?

We got it, you don't care if the Camaro sells well or not. You have yours, it's special and, in your opinion, the fewer of them there are on the road, the more special it makes you feel.

Again, if my opinions mean nothing to you, and you really don't care what I say or do, then why continue to reply directly to my posts and make unsubstantiated and immature comments? Do you not have the intellectual fortitude to refrain from doing so? Obviously not.
He merely said he didn't "give a damn" how many Camaros are sold....and "Doesnt make me a lick if difference" on what you buy. Nothing was said about your opinions.

Lets move on.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:30 PM   #118
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
If you buy a new 6th gen lets say in June 2016 ,is it already a year old by Sept of 2016?
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:34 PM   #119

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
If you buy a new 6th gen lets say in June 2016 ,is it already a year old by Sept of 2016?
Is this a trick question, or what?...Does the right answer win a prize?
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:41 AM   #120
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
id say the buzz on this site is far more pronounced than the buzz on the mustang forums about their new model year

the new mustangs are god awful to look at...the challenger design hasnt changed at all...id almost take dodge out of the comparison all together....challenger and charger are WAY to heavy of a car to even be considered here...you almost NEED to buy a hellcat version to enjoy the horsepower with those weights

mustang has but one thing going for it...dedicated bretheren following...much like us camaro nerds....throwing an ecoboost in the mustang no doubt helped sales...for fleet/rentals and daily drivers alike

i suspect when the turbo4 camaro hits the lots...that those too will help boost the model....most of us nerds will probably choose for the v6 upcharge or v8 models but hey for someone new to the brand...all the power to em...

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:36 AM   #121
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
id say the buzz on this site is far more pronounced than the buzz on the mustang forums about their new model year

the new mustangs are god awful to look at...the challenger design hasnt changed at all...id almost take dodge out of the comparison all together....challenger and charger are WAY to heavy of a car to even be considered here...you almost NEED to buy a hellcat version to enjoy the horsepower with those weights

mustang has but one thing going for it...dedicated bretheren following...much like us camaro nerds....throwing an ecoboost in the mustang no doubt helped sales...for fleet/rentals and daily drivers alike

i suspect when the turbo4 camaro hits the lots...that those too will help boost the model....most of us nerds will probably choose for the v6 upcharge or v8 models but hey for someone new to the brand...all the power to em...

Not to be disrespectful...but you're wrong on every count.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:38 PM   #122
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
And on the other hand, you can end up having a car that in a couple of years, could have lower than average millage.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:41 PM   #123
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Not to be disrespectful...but you're wrong on every count.
Let them know how you really feel...
Old 09-11-2015, 01:50 PM   #124
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Where did you go Ztwentypoop, I mean GT3poop? Are you turning blue on me?
Old 09-11-2015, 01:59 PM   #125
Mr Snappy

Drives: Mercedes GL-450, Mercedes C300
Same old crap, different generation.

I'm not going to try to persuade the fan-boys that the only car worth buying is a Camaro...or a GM, but keep in mind, to simply dismiss other brands is childish and you prove yourself to not be a true "car guy".

I'm an older fart, and I learned a long time ago that car companies all have their strong and weak models. You could name just about any car company and I could give you several examples of great vehicles they produce.

I also buy alot of cars. I've had Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Plymouth, Hummer, Cadillac, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Jeep, Mitsubishi, Eagle, Mazda and Nissan. Some better than others, but pretty much all of them were good cars (or trucks)

Everyone has their own opinion on style, but to say that the new Mustang is not appealing to the general public is just wrong. It's your opinion, but far from common. Same goes with the Challenger.

Something else to consider. The August and early September numbers for Mustang are going to SKYROCKET once the sales are announced. If you did not notice, Ford ran a 0% for 72 months AND $1000.00 off of all the 2015's. I know 3 people who bought Mustangs in the last 3 weeks and I almost did myself. While looking at dealer inventory, there were almost none left in the Kansas City area.

You can claim this is not a sustainable bump because it was a year-end incentive and not normal. This is true, but it also took thousands of people out of the market who may have bought a Challenger or Camaro.

I lived through the C7 first year hype and bought one about 7 months after introduction. I would expect that Chevy will sell every Camaro it produces for the first year very quickly and without discounts. It will probably be around this time next year before we truly have a "apples to apples" sales number comparison.
Mr Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:36 PM   #126
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Is this a trick question, or what?...Does the right answer win a prize?
No prize just wondering how this officially works?
I have a 5th gen built in 2009 , Yet it is considered a 2010 will GM come out with the 2017 by fall of 2016? or will these cars actually be considered the year they were built in ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
And on the other hand, you can end up having a car that in a couple of years, could have lower than average millage.
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote