Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
Question Damage control...

Did I really pay $500 last fall thinking that I ordered a Camaro but really was duped into paying for a GM marketing study? I don't like being manipulated. Is this list just a part of GM marketing? Seems that maybe the thread about the delayed launch/allocations were too truthy?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I don't understand, are you saying that you don't believe GM was ever going to make a camaro in the first place???/
Old 01-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Did I really pay $500 last fall thinking that I ordered a Camaro but really was duped into paying for a GM marketing study? I don't like being manipulated. Is this list just a part of GM marketing? Seems that maybe the thread about the delayed launch/allocations were too truthy?

Be assured you were not duped.

Why would we want to dupe you? If we did, I would doubt that you'd come back to us for your other transportation needs.........

You did not pay for a GM marketing Study -- we DID want to see where peoples' thoughts were so that we can adjust supply to demand.

Allocation thread is not truthy - rather, several people were (and are) attempting to 'interpret' --

Go see my thread at:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11517
Old 01-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #4
Stevo

No I am asking if they were really genuine about delivering the car I want(ed) as early as possible.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
Quote:
No I am asking if they were really genuine about delivering the car I want(ed) as early as possible.
I would say that Yes, within manufacturing constraints. There is not endless capacity and overbuilding capacity can be very dangerous.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #6
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
GM will deliver your Camaro as soon as they can build them.

Seriously folks, there isn't some big conspiracy out there to lure you guys into a trap.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #7
Stevo

Why was the thread with the GM video about the delays and the allocation details halted and the moderator mentioning that he may cut that video out?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #8
Cleric

Quote:
Why was the thread with the GM video about the delays and the allocation details halted and the moderator mentioning that he may cut that video out?
Because there was a lot of speculation being passed of as fact that was causing people to panic.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:08 PM   #9
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
GM will deliver your Camaro as soon as they can build them.

Seriously folks, there isn't some big conspiracy out there to lure you guys into a trap.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:08 PM   #10
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Oh, well then, no. I think GM is doing everything in their power to get the camaro out to us. This is just a setback. when the ZR1 came out earlier this year it was also delayed for i think a few weeks. It's the little tweaks at the end that GM does that will give us a purely amazing car. Trust me. Just wait a little longer.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #11
fbodfather

Quote:
Because the Video was for dealership useage only.

Ask yourself this: Why would ONLY ONE DEALER make a 'copy' of the IDL and then post it to sites?

Allocation is a VERY complicated subject -- and it's not something that you can explain on a thread..............

Suffice to say that there are LAWS about allocation.............

(ask some of the guys from Honda that went to jail a few years back....)
Old 01-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #12
Stevo

Maybe because they thought they could shoot straight with everyone since they took no orders?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #13
Cleric

Quote:
Maybe because they thought they could shoot straight with everyone since they took no orders?
You are going to believe what you wanted to believe. But think about it, why would a company not create a product as fast as possible if customers want it? The are only two reasons saftey and quality. You do not think you can do it right or you think someone will get hurt. Agents of GM (mainly fbod) have said that comprising quality is unacceptable. That is why there was a delay they want to ensure a good car.

edit:typo :(
Old 01-09-2009, 11:16 PM   #14
fbodfather

Quote:

Look -- I can't "make" you believe what I'm telling you......

I can only tell you that I've been coming to Camaro sites since 1998 --and I've been visiting Camaro shows and meeting with Camaro enthusiasts 'one-on-one' ....since the early 90s and I've made it a policy to tell it straight....because, you see -- when you don't tell it straight, you lose all credibility................

I can tell you that a 'certain Chevy Dealer" is -- perhaps unintentionally -- misleading a lot of people.........

I'm sorry if you don't want to believe me...........but that's the way it is.

Closed Thread