Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2008, 12:47 AM   #15
17ac

Drives: none yet
i know im not gonna be able to go but whoever does buy 5 one gigabyte memory sticks and fill them all up with pictures

When the bogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for the Chevy Camaro.

When pictures of the Chevy Camaro were shown in France, the French surrendered to the Chevy Camaro just to be on the safe side.

Google won't search for Chevy Camaro because it knows you don't find Chevy Camaros. Chevy Camaros find you.

The original title for "Alien vs. Predator" was "Alien vs. Predator vs. Chevy Camaro." It was cancelled in preproduction, because film execs knew no one would pay 9 bucks to see a movie 14 seconds long.
17ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:24 AM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Feels good don't it? To not be surrouned by..."people". (substitute for a nasty word; I am a mod after all )

Let me try to mimmick that second responder but in my thoughts:

I'm F'n glad GM's F'n gonna be putting F'n multiple F'n vehicles together at the same F'n show, because that F'n guarantees we'll F'n be learning F'n EVERYTHING about the F'n car come September!!!! er...F'n!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
I actually got enthusiastic support from my soon-to-be-wife for me going to this, but only if I fly.

Which is logistically poopy.

So who's going that wants to let me tag-along shotgun? I'll be bringing the D-SLR and snapping uber photos...might even have a laptop by then and I can upload as I go!
I just don't see how I can work it out w/ the wife. She refuses to go which mean the boys don't go either. It'd be just me. I'd rather fly, but REALLY want to take the SS up there. On top of that, Turtle is driving his Camaro up there which means I'd love to get a caravan started. I'd be happy to let you ride shotgun w/ me, but am still like 80% sure I'm not going. Yeah....I'm twisting my arm.....I know... And it'll be freakin expensive too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickb203 View Post
Hi All,

New member here. Any chance we can get a request to the right people? How about they recruit/open the unveiling up to all the 69 pace cars as a reunion? The '69 to '09 forty year story must be on their minds. As a BB 69 pace car owner..I'd be willing to drop some big gas $ to get it there for this event....
I do believe it's open to all pace cars. In fact, I thought there was an emphasis on pace cars....not necessarily just the 1st Gens which is what you might like, but to ALL pace cars.

Oh, and the reason GM doesn't release the SPECS now before the unveil .....ummmm.....duhhhhh......kinda takes some of the fun out of it......duhhhh....George? and maybe gives the competition a lil' edge? duhhhh.....George? Where did you go George, where did you go? When I find you, George, I will hug you and love you and hold you and kiss you and hold you and hug you and.....I will call you George! I'll refrain from going any further, but I think you all get the point.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:33 AM   #17
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Glad to hear this (officially). As I'm in the UK, I do hope there are plenty of pictures as it's just too far (and too expensive) to travel just for one weekend :(
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:39 AM   #18
Djinon
The Guy Without One

Drives: 2001 Eclipse GS
Giggity.

If I still lived in Illinois, this would be a no-brainer. Maybe dad needs a little convincing...
Djinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:43 AM   #19
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Well if I can find a decent place to stay for semi cheap I will be flying out. From the registration page looks like you need to own a car that you'll be taking. This isn't true right? I know I'm being dense but it's 12:30am and I've been working ALL day so I'm a little tired.

I don't work Friday's or Saturdays so It'd be perfect. I'd get to fall in love all over again. Maybe I can even convince my g/f to come out with me.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:44 AM   #20
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
nice, not going to be able to make it, but nice. to know a date when we will get some good info.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:47 AM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
dah....I'm still thinking about it............
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:49 AM   #22
eatmytireshredsGT

Drives: 07 Scion tC
4 months 6 days 21 hours 18 minutes 30 seconds...ls3 please?
eatmytireshredsGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:03 AM   #23
GOT PSI

Drives: SRT-4
Bring back as much info as you can on these. Many of us who can't go will be very gratefull.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:12 AM   #24
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT PSI View Post
Bring back as much info as you can on these. Many of us who can't go will be very gratefull.
well said PSI..... alot of us that cant make it will be very thankful for info and pics for sure..... how about camaro5 have a little get together for the people that do make it there though? Just a thought for you fella's that are going to make it there....you know have a good time with the 5 boys from here and get to put some faces to the user accounts, lol.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:15 AM   #25
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Drives: 2002 Hot Rod Magazine Ltd. Ed.
Indy '08

I've had my reservations in for this show since last fall! Many WMCC members have too.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:11 AM   #26
2kwik
So anxious.

Drives: Awaiting my 2010 SS
I almost want to book a flight. But I think i'll just wait for the pictures... Excited is an understatement!
Old 05-15-2008, 04:18 AM   #27
The Project
Don't Mess with the Zohan

Drives: 89 IROC
Any news on engines, HP rating or pricing.

I saw the unveiling of the Camaro at the Toronto Auto Show with Mr. Camaro (aka-Scott S.).
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
The Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:26 AM   #28
dragonwolf

Drives: 1986 Camaro Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to dragonwolf
Finally It Pays Off To Live In Indiana

Cant believe my good fortune!!! Just an hour from Indy..and you had better bet I will be there..all three days....Friends says Im obsessed with the New Camaro...I say I'm Posessed!!! I miss my old 86'. May she rest in peace. Some say its odd for a woman to love a car...I dont think so.....
See ya all there in September...
Dragonwolf
dragonwolf is offline   Reply With Quote