Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 03-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
NYBrian84

Drives: Yup
WANTED - Camaro for a photoshoot - Albany, NY (Will pay cash)

I'm not too sure where to post this, but I think this is the best area.

I need to rent a camaro for a photo shoot. The shop I work for is starting to produce decals for the 2010-12 camaros, and we are looking for a camaro to install them on, take pictures of them, and to use them in our listings on eBay, and website.

We are willing to pay cash, and we are also willing to leave some/any/all of the decals that you want on the car! If you wanted the decals, we would let you choose the color you wanted, and we will also use a very high grade vinyl so that you don't need to worry about it coming off in a couple of years, or it shrinking. They will be professionally installed. The company does this for a living. We have a storefront, and a garage where they would be installed.

Requirements:
ANY color is fine.
It can't be a convertible
It can't have ANY factory decals on them (one of ours is the hood/roof/trunk/spoiler)
It needs to be relatively stock.
Let us borrow the car for a two day period (might be negotiable).

We are located in Troy, NY (right near Albany). Like I said, we will pay cash, and with the decals if you are interested. Price is dependent.

If you are interested, feel free to call or text at ANY time, and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible.

My name is Brian, and my number is (518)-378-7ninenine8.

Thanks again,

Brian

Last edited by NYBrian84; 03-12-2012 at 06:24 PM.
NYBrian84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
NYBrian84

I forgot to mention, that we are looking to get this done quickly (within the next week or two).
Old 03-13-2012, 02:17 AM   #3
NYBrian84

Did a mod delete his post? Or was he allowed to delete his own?
Old 03-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
Flashpoint135

Drives: 2016 SS
People can delete their own posts, I've done it before. Not sure why you aren't getting any takers here, maybe if you added more info so people know you are a legit business? Or add more info about the graphics they could keep? Of course most cars already have some stripes so that narrows it down I guess. I'm one of the few with no stripes or anything, but I'm too far away, have sunroof and no spoiler (not to mention I don't really want stripes anyway). Good luck, hope you find someone to work with.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
nomadicdogg

Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
Um...
HELL NO!
thanks
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
nomadicdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figjam-5 View Post
I deleted it , Because I was being respectful to you , But I agree with Flashpoint,,, I Think you need alot more info ,,

But that's not what bugged me it was you --ONLY HAVING 3# POST AND asking for someone to bring a car to you ,,, very scary times...we live in ....
:w ord:
Old 03-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
NYBrian84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpoint135 View Post
People can delete their own posts, I've done it before. Not sure why you aren't getting any takers here, maybe if you added more info so people know you are a legit business? Or add more info about the graphics they could keep? Of course most cars already have some stripes so that narrows it down I guess. I'm one of the few with no stripes or anything, but I'm too far away, have sunroof and no spoiler (not to mention I don't really want stripes anyway). Good luck, hope you find someone to work with.
I appreciate the productive response. The reason I'm not providing a website, or more info about the business is because of the responses like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicdogg View Post
Um...
HELL NO!
thanks
If in the future, someone Googled our website, and this thread came up, they are more likely to read the short responses, than the longer ones. In PMs, or texts/calls, I will happily provide them the website, and all other information.

Flashpoint, I agree that I should have included what decals we were offering, I didn't think about that, but 100% agree that it might draw more interest. As it turns out, someone on here sent me a text two days ago, and I showed him the decals, I also told him to look around on eBay, and if he wanted something different, we would be willing to do that, instead.

Quote:
But that's not what bugged me it was you --ONLY HAVING 3# POST AND asking for someone to bring a car to you ,,, very scary times...we live in ....
What does my post count have to do with anything? I could understand if we weren't a legitimate business, where this would hold weight. Because with time, I could earn respect and trust of the community. But, since we are a business, who does this for a living, I don't understand what that has to do with anything.

I agree that we do live in scary times, especially in this recession. But how is this any different from dropping your car off at a mechanic overnight, at a tuner shop to get work done for weeks at a time, getting your windows tinted, where you would drop off your car, or even buying decals and bringing them to a shop (like ours) to get them professionally installed?

Again, I didn't post the business website for specific reasons, but if you asked in a PM/text/phone call, I would happily provide it.

Two nights ago, someone sent me a text from this site. Like some of you, he wanted to check out the legitimacy of our business before committing to it. After talking, I showed him the website. I told him to pick out any set of decals he wanted, and we would put them on his car, and he did. The next day, he came by the shop to check us out and picked out the vinyl color he wanted, and we ordered it for him.

Thanks again for all the interest so far.

Once we are done, we will post the pictures.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
nomadicdogg

your post count counts here the same way it counts like feedback score on ebay. your a newbie. could be allright but not enough feedback to know
asking for someones car and being a newbie is pushing the bounds a little bit.
we dont know you, no one does.... so no trust established.
not that your not a good company but we dont know.
the lack of info also doesent help. Thats what bring responses like mine and the other.
a smart ass attitude really wont help matters.
just my .02
Old 03-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
nomadicdogg

Quote:
Actually , if you wanted trust and such , What you sould have doen is became a SPONSER of this site , and then you would of got respect, thats a start , Here is world and everything is done on TRUST,, And word of mouth ,, ONE mistake could cost you everything ,,, Like I said You'r probally the greatest person in the world,, I trust alot of pepole , It's the DEVIL inside them I don't trust....

I wish you all of the best ,, And really if you'r that good of a buss. You should just ask you'r clientele you already have established...
Old 03-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #10
CDCNY
Capital District Camaros

Drives: Camaros (All Years)
I don't understand why, being in PA you would even care about Albany.NY. 2nd not trusting someone because of too few posts.
Did people not talk to you or not trust you on your first post and bad mouth what you said?
Do you really think they will steal you car? Did you bother to contact anyone to see if they had a website?
Also I thought you had to be a sponsor to put your website on here.
As far as being a sponsor, why would they bother here ,with guys like you bashing them.
CDCNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
sxty9GTO
VEGAS 11

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
We still don't trust Jeff and bad mouth him daily, LOL! By the way his car will be out in 16 more days.

Keep On Trucking
sxty9GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #12
nomadicdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCNY View Post
I don't understand why, being in PA you would even care about Albany.NY. 2nd not trusting someone because of too few posts.
Did people not talk to you or not trust you on your first post and bad mouth what you said?
Do you really think they will steal you car? Did you bother to contact anyone to see if they had a website?
Also I thought you had to be a sponsor to put your website on here.
As far as being a sponsor, why would they bother here ,with guys like you bashing them.
Ill answer in sections
1. because it is listed in the PA,NY,NJ section. I am in PA so I read them.
2. someone with 1 post asking for a car is odd. not saying they are automatically bad or not trustworthy, but when asking for someones car usually there has been lots of time on a site or word of mouth. The OP left themselves open to these kind of questions and thoughts by being so vague about who they are and what company they represent. No different than someone calling you and saying "youve won a security system" and not give you any more info until you give them all yours.... its spam, a scam ect ect. cautious is not a bad way to go about things.
3. as for posts. If I asked for your car and only had 1 post im pretty sure you would think I was insane. and yes newbies on here and other sitesare given less leeway with trust. Just the nature of the beast.
4. now your asking questions the same as the others? why are you bashing or care?
To be honest, this guy might be a great guy... but dont make a bogus profile with no real info and post a vague request for a car and expect not to be questioned.
No attacks were made, no bashing was done. Just honest questions. the reaction to those questions really adds to the concern as well.
post who you are. a link, what you offer and what your looking to do and be upfront. it will go a lot further... Unless of course your trying to stay under the radar of being a sponser of have something to hide.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:47 AM   #13
CDCNY
Capital District Camaros

Drives: Camaros (All Years)
Ok, point taken. One last thing. Did you try to contact anyone? I did, got lots of info before making a judgement call. You are intitled to your views. I do not agree but this is what makes America and Camaro owners great. We agree to disagree.
CDCNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #14
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCNY View Post
Ok, point taken. One last thing. Did you try to contact anyone? I did, got lots of info before making a judgement call. You are intitled to your views. I do not agree but this is what makes America and Camaro owners great. We agree to disagree.

Actually you'r right , this is none of my conceren ,,Point taken ..
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote