Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #337
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Finally got the ZL1 sideskirts painted and installed. The combo of the SLP front splitter and the ZL1 sideskirts looks really good.

Name:  IMG_1017.JPG
Views: 1579
Size:  306.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1019.JPG
Views: 1520
Size:  262.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1021.JPG
Views: 1504
Size:  258.5 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #338
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Forgot to mention the weights. The SLP front splitter weighs 4.4 lbs, the ZL1 sideskirts weigh 4.8 lbs each for a total of 9.6 lbs for the pair. That's a total weight of 14 lbs for all 3 pieces. The factory sideskirts (which were removed) weigh 3.9 lbs each for a total of 7.8 lbs for the pair. So subtracting the weight of the factory sideskirts that were removed, the difference is 9.6 lbs - 7.8 lbs = 1.8 lbs added. The total weight added of all 3 new pieces is 6.2 lbs.

The tow hook weighs 2.5 lbs so 2.5 lbs + 6.2 lbs = 8.7 lbs I've added. That puts my total vehicle weight (with a full tank) at roughly 3,689 lbs.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 05-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #339
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Forgot to mention the weights. The SLP front splitter weighs 4.4 lbs, the ZL1 sideskirts weigh 4.8 lbs each for a total of 9.6 lbs for the pair. That's a total weight of 14 lbs for all 3 pieces. The factory sideskirts (which were removed) weigh 3.9 lbs each for a total of 7.8 lbs for the pair. So subtracting the weight of the factory sideskirts that were removed, the difference is 9.6 lbs - 7.8 lbs = 1.8 lbs added. The total weight added of all 3 new pieces is 6.2 lbs.

The tow hook weighs 2.5 lbs so 2.5 lbs + 6.2 lbs = 8.7 lbs I've added. That puts my total vehicle weight (with a full tank) at roughly 3,689 lbs.
I really like the look Doc!

By the way, what are you doing having all those emblems? Is you lose the Bo tie on the grill pluss the Ss emblem, the camaro, SS and GM emblem off the front fender, that should get rid of a few ounces, LOL.

I was looking at the front replacement sud which eliminates 30 lds.

Keep up the great work. I love your build
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #340
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
Hey Doc! Just got done reading your build and I gotta say its better than the best book i've ever read! Your car looks amazing! And not overdone AT ALL. Totally Awesome! If you're looking for some nice visual upgrades, check out these side marker lights from Advanced Automotive concepts: http://www.automotivelightstore.com/Sidemarkers.aspx. I think these would be a great (and subtle) addition to your already beautiful lady. Other than that, man, I ca't think of anything else to suggest! Maybe a ZL1 front grille? But seriously, nothing else comes to mind. Its beautiful. Well done my friend, well done.

P.S.: Your car is now my wallpaper. It replaced the Hennessey HPE1000, which is in my avatar and sig, just so you know.

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:14 AM   #341
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviG View Post
Hey Doc! Just got done reading your build and I gotta say its better than the best book i've ever read! Your car looks amazing! And not overdone AT ALL. Totally Awesome! If you're looking for some nice visual upgrades, check out these side marker lights from Advanced Automotive concepts: http://www.automotivelightstore.com/Sidemarkers.aspx. I think these would be a great (and subtle) addition to your already beautiful lady. Other than that, man, I ca't think of anything else to suggest! Maybe a ZL1 front grille? But seriously, nothing else comes to mind. Its beautiful. Well done my friend, well done.

P.S.: Your car is now my wallpaper. It replaced the Hennessey HPE1000, which is in my avatar and sig, just so you know.

Well thank you and I am honored to have Blue Angel be your wallpaper.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 06-15-2012, 02:20 AM   #342
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

This image is for LeviG who liked it so much he wanted to use it for his wallpaper on his computer. It's exactly 1680 x 1050 resolution.

Name:  BlueAngel_1680x1050.jpg
Views: 1542
Size:  152.2 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM

Last edited by Doc; 06-17-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #343
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Doc,

Hope you don't mind. But did a quick PS to get rid of the time/date stamp in the bottom right corner.

Name:  BlueAngel_1680x1050.jpg
Views: 1483
Size:  148.7 KB
Old 06-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #344
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Hey DOC how are things? Quick question for you? How have the RB Brake rotors been holding up for you? How many times have you "tracked" them and how many miles have you put on them? Any warping that you can feel from your brake pedal? Thanks
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #345
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Doc,

Hope you don't mind. But did a quick PS to get rid of the time/date stamp in the bottom right corner.

Attachment 385297
Don't mind at all; thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
Hey DOC how are things? Quick question for you? How have the RB Brake rotors been holding up for you? How many times have you "tracked" them and how many miles have you put on them? Any warping that you can feel from your brake pedal? Thanks
The rotors have held up fine. After all day running hard at the track the brakes never over-heat nor do they fade. I can see a slight bit of wear which is understandable considering how hard I've used them at the track. The RB brake pads have worked really well. There is some dust at the end of a track session but that's to be expected. Braking is smooth, steady, predictable.

If you watched that last video I posted of AutoClub Speedway you can see the clear braking advantage I had which enabled me to catch that black mercedes in front of me. He had straight-line speed but had to brake way earlier than I did.

I couldn't be happier with the RB rotors.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 06-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #346
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Blue Angel is still one of the coolest looking Camaros on this site...
Old 06-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #347
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Wow your build is very amazing and very well organized. I like how you were able to set out your goal for your weight to power ratio and that you were able to achieve it. Good job! It makes me wonder what my current weight to power ratio is and I wonder how I can make it better. I really enjoyed reading this build thread and I can't wait to see what else you have in mind. Good luck.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:17 AM   #348
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Wow your build is very amazing and very well organized. I like how you were able to set out your goal for your weight to power ratio and that you were able to achieve it. Good job! It makes me wonder what my current weight to power ratio is and I wonder how I can make it better. I really enjoyed reading this build thread and I can't wait to see what else you have in mind. Good luck.
Thank you! You can get a rough idea of your P/W ratio by filling the tank on you car then going to a truck scale and have them weigh it without you in it. Then divide that by the factory stated horsepower for your engine. If you haven't done any mods to the engine/intake/exhaust that will at least give you a rough idea of your starting point for P/W. If you have done mods then you'll need to get a dyno reading to get an accurate number for your hp.

I like the dyno method because I prefer to use the power to the rear wheels as my number for hp because I feel that's the amount of power that's actually pushing the car. I'm not trying to impress anyone with inflated numbers; I want to know what I actually have.

If you know how to use a spreadsheet you can easily set up a "what if" sheet with one cell for weight and another for hp to experiment with various combos to see what it would take to get down to a target P/W ratio.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 06-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #349
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
Quote:
This image is for LeviG who liked it so much he wanted to use it for his wallpaper on his computer. It's exactly 1680 x 1050 resolution.

Attachment 385289
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Doc,

Attachment 385297
Thank you Doc and thank you Stieger. It fits my screen great and looks even better with no date/time!

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #350
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Don't mind at all; thank you!

The rotors have held up fine. After all day running hard at the track the brakes never over-heat nor do they fade. I can see a slight bit of wear which is understandable considering how hard I've used them at the track. The RB brake pads have worked really well. There is some dust at the end of a track session but that's to be expected. Braking is smooth, steady, predictable.

If you watched that last video I posted of AutoClub Speedway you can see the clear braking advantage I had which enabled me to catch that black mercedes in front of me. He had straight-line speed but had to brake way earlier than I did.

I couldn't be happier with the RB rotors.
I didn't see it?? Did you post in this thread?
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro of the week