Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-06-2017, 07:43 AM   #1
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
GM Parts Direct

I have had almost nothing but bad experiences with GM parts direct over these last few weeks. I've actually had better experiences getting my parts from the dealership!

First, I ordered two upper strut mounts to replace mine, and they shipped a single one. When i asked about where the second one was, it took them two days to respond to me with tracking information on the new one. The work I was doing was rather time sensitive, as I was trying to get my car back on the road so my parents could stop renting a car while I drove theirs (that's not fair to them). I countered this by overnighting the part from an eBay seller, which arrived promptly and really saved my rear.

Second I ordered a new front lower control arm from their site since I had screwed up the bushing on mine and in the interest of time, i had a new part shipped to me via second day air. That took a week to arrive. They fail to mention that certain parts are special order parts until you place your order already. BUT WAIT, IT GETS BETTER. They shipped me a radius arm. Not a lower control arm, but a radius arm.

IT GETS EVEN BETTER. Now, upon trying to return both the mount that they forgot to ship on the first order, and the radius arm that they screwed up on, nobody is returning my calls. Nobody is returning my emails. There is no other form of communication that I can go through to contact them, and I have over a hundred (almost two hundred) dollars worth of parts that I do not need, and could really use the money back for.

I'll never be working with them again, and if I can't get in touch, i'll be contacting the BBB.
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:00 AM   #2
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
They are pretty terrible. You have to realize though, regardless of how they APPEAR to look, they are just a parts department for a dealership also.

There really is no incentive to use them over your local guys. If the price really is too good to be true, they usually mess you over some other way (like shipping costs). You can always print out the price and see if your local dealership guys will match it.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:58 AM   #3
ARCTIC

Drives: 2017 1SS convertible
That sucks. I don't have too many instances where I need something RIGHT NOW as I have 2 other vehicles to drive but if so, the dealership can usually get what I need in a day or two. The sad thing is all the expedited shipping had to put you well over what the dealership would have charged.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:21 AM   #4
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
They are pretty terrible. You have to realize though, regardless of how they APPEAR to look, they are just a parts department for a dealership also.

There really is no incentive to use them over your local guys. If the price really is too good to be true, they usually mess you over some other way (like shipping costs). You can always print out the price and see if your local dealership guys will match it.
Yeah, to be honest the cost of shipping from these sites usually puts me right at the amount I'd pay at a dealer, but with double the wait time. Just gonna go to the dealer from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
That sucks. I don't have too many instances where I need something RIGHT NOW as I have 2 other vehicles to drive but if so, the dealership can usually get what I need in a day or two. The sad thing is all the expedited shipping had to put you well over what the dealership would have charged.
Yeah I ordered an inner and outer tie rod from a dealer local to my job. They had to be shipped in, so he said they would be in the next day. Next day came, only the outer came in, so the parts guy let me walk with it, and let me pay the next day when the inner rod came in. THAT is service. He even took $50 off the top!
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:14 AM   #5
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Ive had extremely good luck with Maureen at Rodgers and she does free shipping an can beat most prices!!!
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote