Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2018 Camaro Fest (VIII)

Old 05-10-2018, 06:50 PM   #267
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
My only problem with pre ordering is I really need to see them before I will know what size I need. I waited I missed out on them last year.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:53 PM   #268
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
My only problem with pre ordering is I really need to see them before I will know what size I need. I waited I missed out on them last year.
We ordered shirts last year and my wife's wasn't the right size. The people at the desk swapped hers out for the right size.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:49 AM   #269
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Good to know.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:39 PM   #270
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Attachment 911305

We've kept you waiting long enough!!! At long last, we're able to announce that this year’s event, CamaroFest 8, will be hosted at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, KY. Yes, we're going back! Last year's event was the biggest we'd ever had...and the city, track, hotels, and everyone else involved are the most energetic, welcoming people we've ever dealt with for one of these events. That all said - we've got several big improvements we're working on this year...and some other tricks up our sleeves!

The dates are Thursday, July 12 at NCM Motorsports Park for the Road Course, then on Friday, July 13 - Saturday, July 14 we'll be at Beech Bend Raceway for the main event! Camaros of all generations are encouraged to join the festivities. Firebirds and Corvettes are also welcome to attend!!

SAVE THE DATE!

We've been doing this since 2010...and Camaro fans will journey to the CamaroFest from all across the United States and Canada to celebrate their shared enthusiasm for the nameplate. You can expect to be able to participate in this special blend of motorsports and show activities to participate in or spectate:

-- Drag Racers will utilize Beech Bend’s ¼-mile length drag strip for bracket racing, heads up racing and informal passes; and awards to the fastest cars in competition.

-- A unique “CamaroCross” competition features an adapted autocross course suited to the high-power, rear-wheel drive Camaros; with awards given to not only the fastest drivers, but also some other "special" people.

-- A multi-generational Camaro Car Show pits 200 of the cleanest, and best designed enthusiast-owned cars in a competition of style; with awards in several different categories.

-- The National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park, one of the newest and most technical road courses in the Nation will be used for enthusiasts eager to test their skills at a HPDE, operated by Hooked On Driving.

-- Socialize with fellow Camaro owners from across the country, both familiar and new during the Meet'n Greet at the Host Hotel, and for the first time ever, the now formalized "Parking Lot Party". (Wait till you get a look at this! )

-- Meet and Interact with members of the Camaro Team, from Chevrolet, and an up-close look at different vehicle displays.

-- Visit with event sponsors for consultations, sales, displays, and select on-site installations.
We have seen attendance numbers peak higher than 1000 cars, and even more people. It's an incredible sight to see...that many Camaros literally "take over" the town that we're in. You can't go to a gas station, restaurant, or convenient store, without running into another Camaro out on the road.

And just a reminder to all those "lurkers" out there - YOU can come, too! This event is not strictly limited to Camaro5 & Camaro6 forum goers!

SEE POST BELOW FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
I didn't read through all the pages yet, but is there a schedule of all the events?

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:59 PM   #271
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
I didn't read through all the pages yet, but is there a schedule of all the events?
There is a schedule out for drag racing Now and we will follow up with the full schedule end of this month and announced with Phastek at that time.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:04 PM   #272
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
There is a schedule out for drag racing Now and we will follow up with the full schedule end of this month and announced with Phastek at that time.
Thanks! Trying to sell this trip to my wife It would help to have the full schedule of events.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:42 PM   #273
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Quote:
Thanks! Trying to sell this trip to my wife It would help to have the full schedule of events.
Just tell her:

Thursday-FUN
Friday-MORE FUN
Saturday-TONS OF FUN
Sunday-STILL FUN
Old 05-18-2018, 06:53 AM   #274
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
Just tell her:

Thursday-FUN
Friday-MORE FUN
Saturday-TONS OF FUN
Sunday-STILL FUN
Or tell her you'll stop at one of the "Lions Den" locations on the way down lol.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:30 AM   #275
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Has anyone made the suggestion about..ahem....name tags?(cringe) don't hammer me too hard but last year walkin around it would have been nice to see a C5 name along with the persons actual name...

some kind of a cool plastic Camaro design(hold a contest...lulz..prob late in the game for this but hey) and they now have ones that attach with a magnet...prob cheap in a large quantity...

gettin older so take pity...grey matter doesn't hold onto stuff like it used too....hahahaha

peace

Last edited by frankwjr; 06-09-2018 at 09:25 AM.
frankwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:29 AM   #276
muletownspeed
Muletown Speed

Drives: 1980 Z28, 1985 IROC Z28
What is the current car count for NCM?
muletownspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:59 AM   #277
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by muletownspeed View Post
What is the current car count for NCM?
pretty much sold out at ~85 we're only letting a couple more in if that.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:56 PM   #278
muletownspeed
Muletown Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
pretty much sold out at ~85 we're only letting a couple more in if that.

I was just wondering if enough signed up to use the full course at NCM. Looks like that is probable. Thanks.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:32 PM   #279
muletownspeed
Muletown Speed

If all goes well, looking to bring this Third Gen down to NCM. Hope the Gen 5 and Gen 6's don't mind. Hoping for better results than last July. Upgraded transmission cooler I hope solves the issue. See you all in 3 weeks or so.

Attached Images

Last edited by muletownspeed; 06-21-2018 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Add Photo
Old 06-22-2018, 11:27 AM   #280
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
If all goes well, looking to bring this Third Gen down to NCM. Hope the Gen 5 and Gen 6's don't mind. Hoping for better results than last July. Upgraded transmission cooler I hope solves the issue. See you all in 3 weeks or so.

Nice...

Quote:
I was just wondering if enough signed up to use the full course at NCM. Looks like that is probable. Thanks.
NCM is completely sold out.

This year we never even considered half course. It filled up quick.