Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 02-09-2018, 01:58 PM   #29
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I'm a niners fan and I definitely think they needed to do something to keep him. The immediate difference he made for the team was great, now they have a foundation to build off of for next season. Either way, I'm just happy that Kaepernick isn't still around trying to "adjust" to everything.

I also think Kirk Cousins would do well in Denver. I believe that would be a good move for him. Denver has a really good team, they just need someone that can complete the setup.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:34 PM   #30
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post

How about pay him NOT more than any player in NFL history? lol instead of 27.5 million a year, you don't think he'd accept maybe 20Mil a year, with maybe some incentive for reaching the playoffs/super bowl?
To start, I don't think he's worth the money, mainly because he hasn't proven himself yet. That being said....the average pay for QB's moving forward over the next 5 years is going to be roughly 25 mil, regardless of the quality of QB. That's just the reality, unless you're looking to just eek out 4-12 seasons....

So, from a 49ers standpoint, short of getting Cousins who is worth it, Garappolo is their best chance of having a franchise QB moving forward. He is a legit guy at the QB spot. Will still have to prove it on the field, but I truly think he will be their starting QB for years to come....

Lastly, would you rather spend the money on a unknown QB...who probably doesn't know anything about the team, the city, playbook, etc.... or you can spend it on a guy who not only wants to be there, but also came in and made your team relevant for the last 5 games of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post

I also think Kirk Cousins would do well in Denver. I believe that would be a good move for him. Denver has a really good team, they just need someone that can complete the setup.
Cousins in Denver or Buffalo is an automatic playoff spot for either team.... I'd say he a shot in Jacksonville and Minnesota too....but I think those teams will opt to stay with whom they already have...

Cousins may not be the greatest QB, but he's the best on the market and outside of the crapshow that is the Deadskins...he could be another guy like Rivers or Eli Manning who does well enough but isn't ever considered a top 5-7 guy....and if he goes to a team with a solid defense...he could be very hard to beat....
Old 02-10-2018, 10:48 AM   #31
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
The 49ers just joined the "Our Quarterback Eats Up Too Much Of The Salary Cap To Win A Super Bowl" club.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:05 PM   #32
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Again, they could have kept Garropolo and not paid him the most out of any player in NFL history lol
Old 02-10-2018, 05:59 PM   #33
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
I'd like to see Cousins in AZ. as I intend on it to be my home in the not too distant future, although The Bidwell reputation for not spending $$$ is only outdone by the McCaskey ownership

Last edited by 3 SS's; 02-10-2018 at 06:16 PM.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:05 PM   #34
PoorMansCamaro

207 days until kickoff
Old 02-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #35
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
As long as Frank Reich is the OC and has any input in keeping or letting Foles go, I`m going to guess that the Eagles keep Foles. If anyone knows the value of a competent back-up QB it would be Reich and his years of backing up Jim Kelly, you don`t let a proven QB who knows the system go and then have to find and break in another back-up and hope he does as well as Foles has proved.
It would appear that Frank Reich won`t be making any decisions on Foles now that he has agreed to becoming the Colts head coach.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 06:59 PM   #36
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
It's all about leverage PMC. How many Super Bowl winning QB's are available at the time? Miami should look seriously at him, $uh ain't getting any younger, and is Tannahill the man to lead them where Foles has already been?
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:01 PM   #37
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
The Colts tweeted out a picture of Reich with today's paper as proof they actually made the hire!

Last edited by Silver14; 03-23-2021 at 02:34 PM.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #38
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
It's all about leverage PMC. How many Super Bowl winning QB's are available at the time? Miami should look seriously at him, $uh ain't getting any younger, and is Tannahill the man to lead them where Foles has already been?
The Dolphins issues go far beyond the QB. A healthy Tannehill will be just fine. I wouldn’t mind trying to find a good young QB in the draft that can maybe take over in a few years. Miami needs LBers, corners, DE’s as Wake is getting up there in age. Another RB to compliment Drake. Jarvis Landry is probably gone as well. All those need to be addressed before QB
Old 02-12-2018, 11:24 AM   #39
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
The Dolphins issues go far beyond the QB. A healthy Tannehill will be just fine. I wouldn’t mind trying to find a good young QB in the draft that can maybe take over in a few years. Miami needs LBers, corners, DE’s as Wake is getting up there in age. Another RB to compliment Drake. Jarvis Landry is probably gone as well. All those need to be addressed before QB
Considering they are currently in the weakest division in the AFC, the Dolphins would have still been in the mix had they been able to protect their QB better.

With the way the Jets are right now, that is a team going nowhere fast. The Bills would be a huge contender if they could land a guy like Cousins or Foles...but without him, they're another 8-8 or 9-7 team at best...

The East is open, always has been...but very rarely has any other team in the division managed to maintain a .500 or better record in the last 16 seasons...
Old 02-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #40
PoorMansCamaro

I don't know about open. Unless you think the Pats have only been good because they are in the AFC East, and that's it.

Also, I think it's debatable that the afc east is the weakest division. No team in the east had less than 5 wins. the South had two teams with 4-12 records.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:29 PM   #41
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
I don't know about open. Unless you think the Pats have only been good because they are in the AFC East, and that's it.

Also, I think it's debatable that the afc east is the weakest division. No team in the east had less than 5 wins. the South had two teams with 4-12 records.
I do firmly believe that about 45% of the reason why the Patriots have been so good is because they play in a weak division. The Bills finally made the playoffs after almost 20 years. They haven't won the division since...1995? The Jets have won the division twice since 2003. The Dolphins? Once..

Meanwhile, in the AFC South, every team has won the division at least once in the last 18 years. Every team except the Jaguars has won it at least 3x. All the teams in the division have made the AFC Championship game in the last 20 years except the Texans, altho they did make the divisional rounds several times.

You bring up the Texans and Colts going 4-12....the Colts went 4-9 in games they had a lead in either the 3rd or 4th quarter....and that was with a backup QB that barely knew the offense. As for the Texans, they won the division last year and won a playoff game as well. They had a brand new QB that had the team rolling until an unfortunate ACL injury.

Yet, both the Titans and Jaguars made the playoffs.

The East has been open...the Patriots have had seasons where they went 3-3 in the division multiple times...unfortunately...the teams fell apart after mid-season. Put New England in the AFC West or North...and I can promise you that they don't go to the playoffs for 5-6 years in a row as division champs....same goes for the AFC South as well...
Old 02-12-2018, 01:38 PM   #42
PoorMansCamaro

Well you said currently, so I was only going by last season. the last 15 years collectively, I agree, afc east has been weak, minus 1 team.

Miami had to pick up cutler in august. He had to learn the system, even though Gase used to be his OC in Chicago, he still didn't know the whole playbook and get in rhythm with a new team with less than a month before the regular season. I think with Tannehill, Miami would have made the playoffs.

both the pats and bills went to the playoffs.

So as of last season, I think the afc south is weaker.