Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-30-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
******** box installed

Installed the dual 10 ******** box today..Absolute great fit and finish!!!

I also ordered the BA kit add an amp, directions were crystal clear, easy install!

Heres my only question/concern.

Using the t-taps to splice the wires, it seems the taps are not cutting the wire, or they are sitting in there loosely. I had to fudge with the power wire for awhile to get a good connection. Any suggestions here steve?

Also since the taps are not splicing the wire it seems, how can I ensure each wire is connected? The subs are powered, they hitting with the bass..

And does anyone have a suggestion on what my amp settings should be? Im using an Alpine PDX 1.1000 with 2 alpine type R's...
HaZe_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Thanks for the props once again. Not really much to say about the t-taps. The trick is to crimp them closed and the twist them around the wire back and forth a couple times to really help seat the connection. Ideally you could solder the wires for better results, but telling ppl in advance that they'll have to solder connections strikes fear into most ppl that haven't done it before and thus there goes a sale. The taps are a lot easier and quicker for most of our users who just want to get thier stuff installed. Overall, I think ppl are missing out if they don't buy this kit.

I've actually e-mailed a couple large companies that make aftermarket harnesses to see if there is anything coming down the pipe or if they would consider making a plug-in style connector for the ba amp but I did not get a response from either place. I am not really able to manufacture plug in style connectors that will plug directly into the amp, so the t-taps will have to do for now. Believe me, I would if I could because it would be awesome to say the least. I would think that metra or scosche (or somebody) would see it profitable to develop such a product. It would be very similar to items they are making for a lot of other cars already. I've even offered to give my assistance on precisely what we need, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Kinda feel like I'm the only guy that gives a shit about making it easy to put a sub in this car. I guess if anyone has ideas on how to get those style connectors made or know of any existing harnesses or plugs that would possibly work let me know. I thought about calling boston acoustics, but figured I'd get the runaround there since its their system and probably don't want anything being connected to it.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:02 AM   #3
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
Cool Same prob I had

The TTAPS enclosed( blue ) are TOO big for wires off factory amp.

as I done installs before,I had some red ttaps used with my 05 silverado..(before semi hit it)...

Much better fit & works perfect now..I mentioned this to Steve & serveral others a couple of times.. the amp install kit REALLY should be modified .

The channels can & will cut in and out.
& ye sthey were crimped all the way..
Soldering is best, but not everyone wants to solder them..esp in a 10 Camaro..

Rick
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post
Thanks for the props once again. Not really much to say about the t-taps. The trick is to crimp them closed and the twist them around the wire back and forth a couple times to really help seat the connection. Ideally you could solder the wires for better results, but telling ppl in advance that they'll have to solder connections strikes fear into most ppl that haven't done it before and thus there goes a sale. The taps are a lot easier and quicker for most of our users who just want to get thier stuff installed. Overall, I think ppl are missing out if they don't buy this kit.

I've actually e-mailed a couple large companies that make aftermarket harnesses to see if there is anything coming down the pipe or if they would consider making a plug-in style connector for the ba amp but I did not get a response from either place. I am not really able to manufacture plug in style connectors that will plug directly into the amp, so the t-taps will have to do for now. Believe me, I would if I could because it would be awesome to say the least. I would think that metra or scosche (or somebody) would see it profitable to develop such a product. It would be very similar to items they are making for a lot of other cars already. I've even offered to give my assistance on precisely what we need, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Kinda feel like I'm the only guy that gives a shit about making it easy to put a sub in this car. I guess if anyone has ideas on how to get those style connectors made or know of any existing harnesses or plugs that would possibly work let me know. I thought about calling boston acoustics, but figured I'd get the runaround there since its their system and probably don't want anything being connected to it.

Im probably gonna solder them on, I would of liked to use the taps for easy connect/disconnect, no biggie tho!

having a total PNP kit for be ideal, Im surprised no one would like a piece a cake that would come along with the sales, it surprises me..Maybe contact ltlaudio on this site? He seems to know his shiz, after all he is developing a nav kit. Worth a shot anyway.
HaZe_X is offline   Reply With Quote