Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #99
Nashional

Drives: 2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium
It's fixed! It only took 67 days to do it, but the vibration is fixed!

Still waiting on a call from GM to try and get this bad taste out of my mouth. We're playing phone tag...

When I get back from vacation, I'll post a full video completely demonstrating the XM issue so there is no doubt the circumstances surrounding the issue.
Nashional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #100
Nashional

Heard back from GM today. They offered me a few oil changes.

Thanks, new GM. You really know how to treat your customers. Which I will never be again.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #101
Scarlett'sOtherRide

Drives: RJT Like the 67 and 69 before her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashional View Post
Heard back from GM today. They offered me a few oil changes.

Thanks, new GM. You really know how to treat your customers. Which I will never be again.
So sorry.
Scarlett'sOtherRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #102
Nashional

Just an update. GM corporate called me while I was on vacation, so I didn't get to post the details about our conversation here (too busy).

However, I've actually managed to fix all of the issues myself. The XM radio cutting out, engine compartment noises, drivers window that doesn't roll up half of the time, truck release not opening, the vibrations... everything.

I'm now the proud owner of a Grabber Blue 2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Problem solved.

Thanks for all the help and support in this thread during my ordeal, but GM handled this poorly and has lost a customer for life.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #103
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
have to say,ive followed your thread from the start and cant blame you for your choice,working in the auto repair field i know how important it can be to take care of the customer even when you may not be able to repair the problem at times,sorry to hear it didnt end well but again i cant blame you hopefully you will have better luck with your new purchase.
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #104
KittenOnWheels
Camaro is Sex On Wheels

Drives: No Camaro yet!
Quote:
Just an update. GM corporate called me while I was on vacation, so I didn't get to post the details about our conversation here (too busy).

However, I've actually managed to fix all of the issues myself. The XM radio cutting out, engine compartment noises, drivers window that doesn't roll up half of the time, truck release not opening, the vibrations... everything.

I'm now the proud owner of a Grabber Blue 2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Problem solved.

Thanks for all the help and support in this thread during my ordeal, but GM handled this poorly and has lost a customer for life.
Sorry to hear the lack of customer service for you. This may not be a popular opinion on here but that is a sweet car and I love that color. I hope it treats you better.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #105
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
I looked at one of those Grabber Blue GT's before I bought my Camaro. It was nice but the Camaro has 100+ horsepower up on the 2010 Mustang GT. And additionally I'm a Ford guy. So...I bought my 2SS 6M Camaro on Saturday!

Sorry to hear about your problems.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #106
Susantroy1
To All Veterans

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Inferno Orange
Glad you have finally got some sort of satisfaction I have heard about or personally experienced troubles with different makes and models. The one common denominator seemed to be the Dealer involved... every time their where troubles... it seemed to grow out of an incompetent service dept. and grew from there. Normally only being resolved by changing dealerships for service. If one can't solve your trouble they drop you, Returning calls ect..., A quality service dept. will make or break your new car experience. The worst experience I've had with a service Dept. was with Cadillac!! I took My Caddy in for tire service 5 times!! Same trouble MIG welded the lug nuts on so tight I broke a deep well socket trying to pry em off!! Last time I told em not to touch the lugs with anything other that a torque wrench!! Told the service manager EYE TO EYE
Susantroy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #107
Nashional

Hicompression, the additional HP was one of the main reasons I switched to the Camaro. But, the comments I've had from people that had also ridden in the Camaro and now have ridden in the Mustang is that the Mustang feels more like a sports car (muscular - good thing) and the seat-of-your pants feel of power is more noticeable. I even got a die-hard GM (truck) guy to smile when I threw it into 2nd gear and punched it. I feel the same way.

Susantroy1, it was really corporate GM that dropped the ball on this one. They didn't know what to fix (to tell the untrained service departments), and when they finally threw enough parts at the problem to fix it, they didn't care how inconvenienced I was during the entire ordeal.

Corporate said they wouldn't pay anything since my car wasn't in the shop for "almost 30 consecutive days". I tried to explain to them the reason for the times it wasn't in the stop was that the first service center said to find another service center so I had to switch, and also during the times that parts were on back-order and no one knew when they would arrive. So they sent the car back home with me.

So after 67 days with a broken car and 28 days in the shop while I made car payments, XM and insurance payments, etc., plus the inconvenience of having to drive over an hour one-way to a second dealer on two occasions since the first dealer said they could not fix it, they felt a few oil changes was the appropriate compensation!

Just for the record, my car payment was $265 since I only financed $14,000. And my XM cost 7.77/mo with a promotion. So that totals $272 for a month.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #108
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
That really sucks that you were treated that way. I was treated better by an over seas company :(. I hope you didn't loose to much money on the Camaro.
I took a 2010 Kona Blue for a test drive before ordering my Camaro. I almost bought it because I didn't want to wait for a Camaro. I glad I did though hehe.
I wasn't big on the Grabber Blue. I'm glad your happy with it though .
Old 10-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #109
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
So you traded in the Camaro? BTW, I like the Mustangs as well and yes, with the live axle, you get the ooomppphh sensation more than a IRS car. Goodluck and enjoy your new pony.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #110
Nashional

Yes, I traded. Lost close to $7k (after shopping around for a while to find the best deal).

I just arrived back at home after getting the windows tinted. It's been raining and there's no sun, so here is the best picture I have so far.
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #111
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
ohhh that is a nice color. The dark wheels match the car really nice, too!
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #112
KittenOnWheels
Camaro is Sex On Wheels

Drives: No Camaro yet!
Quote:
Yes, I traded. Lost close to $7k (after shopping around for a while to find the best deal).

I just arrived back at home after getting the windows tinted. It's been raining and there's no sun, so here is the best picture I have so far.
Not my favorite wheels for the 2010 but otherwise beautiful. I test drove one a couple of months ago and it definitely would be fun to drive. The interior is really nice and the in-dash navigation is nice. Hope the Stang treats you better!