Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-30-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
sn75

Drives: ‘72 Chevelle
Elite E2-X & CSS Install Q’s

How are you guys hooking up (which hoses/ports go to what) your dual port Elite Engineering E2-X catch can with clean side separators (CSS)? While I don’t have a Camaro ZL1, I do have a crate LSA (‘15 ZL1 engine) in my Chevelle. I’m at the point of priming and firing with the exception of putting on a catch can setup.

I’m wondering what to do with the ports coming off the passenger & driver side valve covers (besides tieing them together and routing them into the intake, after MAF but before TB). How do you guys suggest I route those ports/lines and the two near the valley cover that I know need to go to a catch can (the ones that have a U shaped hard plastic line in them). Any suggestions? My intake is custom (I made it out of an Airaid UBI (you build it) 4” intake kit) with a 4” filter. So, I currently don’t have any ports in my intake (other than one for MAF sensor). I’ll drill a hole if needed for catch can line(s) if needed. Thanks ahead of time.
sn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:49 AM   #2
SCHUSS
709 RWHP & 677 RWTQ

Drives: 13' HPE 800 ZL1..... IOM vert, M6
Here's a link to my set up. It's an RX cc and css however they are identical units.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424020
Old 01-31-2018, 08:47 AM   #3
sn75

Drives: ‘72 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHUSS View Post
Here's a link to my set up. It's an RX cc and css however they are identical units.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424020
Thanks!

Any reason why I couldn’t (or shouldn’t) tie both lines going into the intake to one line (which would be mid way up intake tube, between MAF & TB)?
sn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:33 AM   #4
SCHUSS
709 RWHP & 677 RWTQ

Drives: 13' HPE 800 ZL1..... IOM vert, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn75 View Post
Thanks!

Any reason why I couldn’t (or shouldn’t) tie both lines going into the intake to one line (which would be mid way up intake tube, between MAF & TB)?
I would think that would be ok as long as the css was tied in after the one way valve coming out of the cc, if yours has a valve, some have the valve built into connector. Maybe someone with more expertise can chime in if I'm incorrect. I worked with the RX engineers to get this plumbed this way, thats why I have the extra T in between the valve covers, to give three points of evacuation instead of just the one from the valley cover.