Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #85
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
Congrats Drake! Awesome!! You lit up those Eagles yet?
BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #86
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Congrats Drake

I was starting to worry!! I hope you still find time for
us and hang out. We all enjoy your input and perspective.

Congrats and enjoy the ride!!
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #87
rogerspt

Drives: 1995 Black Chevrolet Camaro Z28
THAT...IS...BEAUTIFUL!! I love that color/insert/wheel combo Drake! You're starting to make me rethink the ashen with polished wheels right now...too bad it's already built though haha
rogerspt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #88
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Congrats Drake! There sure are a lot of us vetrans driving these beasts! Got to love that!

Thank you for your service and your continued dedication to the VA!

So happy for you bro!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #89
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
Good Job Mike Judge and I got your note you left in my car (; greatly appreciated (: amazing car you and your team built way to go!!! (:
Your very welcome my friend Now go and enjoy her & have a wonderful live together

Proud to have been a part of your Build Team .

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #90
mcamisgroup

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Drake, she sure is beautiful! Got mine last Tuesday and only have 75 miles on her. Why? I wouldn't let them drill the front bumper for the license bracket and I have been creeping around the back roads of Williamsburg since a front plate is the law. I have my body guy working on modifying a corvette front bracket to fit in right under the point of the front bumper. Have you got a solution yet?
mcamisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #91
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Black is so BAD ASS. My SS was black and it was very slick when cleaned, but I hated the dust all the time. I used Zaino on it from day one and only microfiber towels and I think it is the best wax that I have ever used on my vehicles and they have all been dark colors. Now I am going over to the White side.LOL. Congrates on recieving her. Now if Mike can get mine built this week it would make me a happy camper.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #92
Minkman555

Drives: 2001 MONTE CARLO
I am disappointed in Camaro5.com for letting this thread get to 3 posts let alone 91.

I am not uptight , and don't get offended easily . That being said , this is the biggest and best Camaro forum on the net -- and allowing a post with a topic which will obviously be offensive to some people is a shame and makes this great forum look bad.

Scheunika (correct spelling) -- is the name of my beautiful , African American fiancée. And to make a racial joke about a black ZL1 referring it to an obvious African American name is poor judgement -- and classless.

It's like calling an S550 "Hitler" -- just distasteful and classless , not something that should be on the best camaro site on the web.

My fiancé is beautiful , and I thank god she doesn't read this forum , and it makes me sad -- the thought of her looking at me on a camaro forum , reading a topic calling a new 55k+ car "Shaniqua" -- because the car is black.

Shame on the people who think this is "funny" . If you have enough to spend on a ZL1 camaro Mr. Drake -- I suggest you spend a few bucks on etiquette classes.

My .2c

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen. using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #93
PSP-SS

Drives: 11 Tahoe LTZ, 10 Camaro 2SS-THR #12
Please
PSP-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #94
EvilZL1
Snake Eater

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
I remember the days, where Drake and I were at the same status. We began to move up at the same time, it seemed like everything was going well. He began to move ahead of me for awhile, but it was no worries. He was then built while I sat at 3000-3300. Then there was a vicious monster called "QC Hold", it swallowed all of the built ZL1s in the Ottawa lot and scared GM from building more of the beasts. Now the QC Hold has been defeated, some of the beasts have escaped and roam the land, while others sit and wait depressed

Make sure you don’t forget to subscribe to my channel! More content on the way. Like, share with your friends
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z...sP2wjsLLFeP1zQ

Follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/snkeatr/
EvilZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #95
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkman555 View Post
I am disappointed in Camaro5.com for letting this thread get to 3 posts let alone 91.

I am not uptight , and don't get offended easily . That being said , this is the biggest and best Camaro forum on the net -- and allowing a post with a topic which will obviously be offensive to some people is a shame and makes this great forum look bad.

Scheunika (correct spelling) -- is the name of my beautiful , African American fiancée. And to make a racial joke about a black ZL1 referring it to an obvious African American name is poor judgement -- and classless.

It's like calling an S550 "Hitler" -- just distasteful and classless , not something that should be on the best camaro site on the web.

My fiancé is beautiful , and I thank god she doesn't read this forum , and it makes me sad -- the thought of her looking at me on a camaro forum , reading a topic calling a new 55k+ car "Shaniqua" -- because the car is black.

Shame on the people who think this is "funny" . If you have enough to spend on a ZL1 camaro Mr. Drake -- I suggest you spend a few bucks on etiquette classes.

My .2c
I think you're mistaken on Drake's intent on what he names his vehicle. If he feels the name given is something that fits his personality and what he wants to portray to others, let him.

He has not made any nagative comments about the source of the name and whom may typically be named that.

If you have a problem with how people intreact on the web or even this site, you have a great tool at your command. Report them to a mod. If they feel that the intent was to offend they will take care of it as they always have.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #96
Camaroadub

Drives: SIM
Quote:

My .2c

I kind of agree...I thought the same thing when I first started seeing his posts and thinking why the black car has to be named "Shaniqua" but haven't seen anything that was offensive.

Congrats on the car!
Camaroadub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #97
gmgdave

Drives: 12 ZL1 & 08 Suzuki Boulevard C50
Quote:

My .2c

Your comments are full of assumptions. You have knowledge of how Drake came up with the name for his car. Shaniqua is correctly spelled your fiance spells her different I do not see the connection.

Let me make some assumptions about your user name;

MINKMAN555 - you are a man the kills 555 defenseless Minks to make one Mink Coat.

Gee; Am I close.....most likely not.

So I do not believe you are able to judge Drake, maybe Shaniqua was his first love.

Dude you need to relax abit not everything is about race......
2012 ZL1 - #413 - IOM - Mods; Exhaust Commander. GMG Third Brake Light Pulsar, Tinted Windows, color matched Engine cover, ZL1 Floor Mats
gmgdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #98
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Congrats, Drake!

it took some time to get your ZL1 to you - but I think you'll agree that the wait was well worth it.

Now - enjoy it - respect it (they're very powerful) - and don't shut the traction control off! (......and it goes without saying - ALWAYS buckle up!)

We want you as a customer for life!