Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 10-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #1
MAGfuz

Drives: VR 2SS Convertible
Driveclub

Talk about the game and share vids...here's one of mine

TEAM LS3!
MAGfuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:11 PM   #2
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
I'll be picking it up soon (tomorrow or Friday). I'd love to hear what people think about it.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:18 AM   #3
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
I absolutely REFUSE to lay out money for this game until they get the PS Plus version they've promised since they ANNOUNCED the launch of the PS4 system.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:28 AM   #4
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Honestly, I am not impressed with DriveClub. The handling seemed more arcade - like to me, the online portion doesn't work like it's supposed to, and if you're playing alone I don't like being punished by having points docked due to the highly aggressive CPU AI drivers running into me.

It sounded like a nice concept for a game at first, but I don't think that DriveClub delivered. I'll stick with Forza and Forza Horizon.
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
I usually like the arcade-y racers. Burnout is my favorite series. What did they mess up with the online portion? They didn't do that Criterion nonsense where you drive around and have to find online players to race did they? That system is so stupid.

Sent from my Nokia Brick using Tapatalk
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:01 PM   #6
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
I usually like the arcade-y racers. Burnout is my favorite series. What did they mess up with the online portion? They didn't do that Criterion nonsense where you drive around and have to find online players to race did they? That system is so stupid.

Sent from my Nokia Brick using Tapatalk
Worse. They created a multiplayer environment that constantly crashes their servers or just plane doesn't work.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:59 AM   #7
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
Worse. They created a multiplayer environment that constantly crashes their servers or just plane doesn't work.

Multiplayer for drive club right now is pretty much non-existent because of their terrible servers. Driveclub has the potential to be good, if the game ever gets fixed. Until then I would hold off buying it.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:12 PM   #8
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post

Multiplayer for drive club right now is pretty much non-existent because of their terrible servers. Driveclub has the potential to be good, if the game ever gets fixed. Until then I would hold off buying it.
Lately, its been working just fine for me. When it first came out, I couldn't even connect, but now its up and running just fine. They haven't activated the "Challenges" yet, but online is up and running.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #9
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I've played three games online.

One was Grand Prix Legends.

One was Motor City Online.

GPL was and is pretty hard. It's a simulation in a pretty strict sense, and the difficulty was what hooked me. But I got tired of getting spanked by guys that beat my best lap times by 25 or 30 seconds. I can't devote that much time to practice, and the more casual players would do things like go round the track the wrong way when they were losing. For a while it was enough to simply make the 28 laps at Spa and come in 8th because I actually finished instead of crashing out, but "good race" only satisfies for so long before you want to "win".

MCO was much much more arcade but it was fun for a while...until the updates started making no sense. Like running no front anti-roll bar and a thick rear made your car stick to the track like glue and turn in well.

In GPL, my own inability was the frustration. In MCO the game's inability was the frustration.

I haven't plated Driveclub but my experience with that sort of thing is that I can get more skilled at the game, but the game is what it is. if I don't put in the hours to be good, that's me. I want the failures to be mine, not the game's.