Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-09-2016, 12:45 PM   #127
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro66215 View Post
I wonder if they will limit it that bad. Considering there were around double those numbers in 2013. I get it's the First 6th Gen ZL1, but they know the market is pretty big since most ZL1 owners were 2012 / 2013.
Have to remember last time there was a long QA/QC hold that went through the entire winter and some folks allocations like mine were pushed back to 2013. This is why I gave up the allocation and got lucky enough to find #23.

I'm betting there will be more than the ~1,900 2012's this time around.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:59 PM   #128
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Have to remember last time there was a long QA/QC hold that went through the entire winter and some folks allocations like mine were pushed back to 2013. This is why I gave up the allocation and got lucky enough to find #23.

I'm betting there will be more than the ~1,900 2012's this time around.
So the issue still becomes.

1. If there are 4700 or so dealers how many buyers are there? 4700? No one knows the answer to that. Just surmising. Maybe only a thousand determined buyers and lots of window shoppers but who knows.

2. Assuming there are 4700 buyers, how many of those folks are looking to purchase from certain dealers? In other words what percentage of the 4700 dealers will receive even one car? It seems logical not everyone will and what about dealers that get more than one based on previous sales?

3. If we assume that only 2500 people want to buy it and not all 4700 dealers get a car based on production will there be a significant number of qualified buyers with no local dealership to interact with? Seems that the number of buyers could exceed the number of available cars. If GM produced 2000 cars in 2012 I wonder how many didn't buy one because they couldn't because there was no other alternative.

These are all hypothetical but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on these.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:09 PM   #129
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
I'm not sure I understand this dealer allocation thing. If a dealer doesn't have an allocation for a ZL1 he can't order you one ever? That seems dumb from a sales number perspective.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:34 PM   #130
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
I'm not sure I understand this dealer allocation thing. If a dealer doesn't have an allocation for a ZL1 he can't order you one ever? That seems dumb from a sales number perspective.
Dealers are permitted to order a certain number of cars each week. They are given direction as to model as well.

Example allocation this week might be 20 cars and only 1 is a 50th edition and two more can be convertibles. Unless they are told they can order a ZL1 your order gets entered and sits at 1100 status indefinitely.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:39 PM   #131

Drives: Getaway Special
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypertrophy View Post
Not only that, there are already many cars more powerful and faster than the new ZL1. But their existence takes nothing away from this car. The phrase, "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." is a very simple statement with profound sociocultural meaning. Its also an illusion the breeds envy and discontent. Don't fall prey to it! Decide what YOU like and how much YOU think its worth, then buy it and enjoy it for what it is.

Off my soapbox now.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:41 PM   #132
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
So the issue still becomes.

1. If there are 4700 or so dealers how many buyers are there? 4700? No one knows the answer to that. Just surmising. Maybe only a thousand determined buyers and lots of window shoppers but who knows.

2. Assuming there are 4700 buyers, how many of those folks are looking to purchase from certain dealers? In other words what percentage of the 4700 dealers will receive even one car? It seems logical not everyone will and what about dealers that get more than one based on previous sales?

3. If we assume that only 2500 people want to buy it and not all 4700 dealers get a car based on production will there be a significant number of qualified buyers with no local dealership to interact with? Seems that the number of buyers could exceed the number of available cars. If GM produced 2000 cars in 2012 I wonder how many didn't buy one because they couldn't because there was no other alternative.

These are all hypothetical but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on these.
1) It doesn't matter how many buyers there are. Dealers will find a way to use their allocation whether it's already sold or not.

2) They will all receive allocations at some point and most all should get at least one in the beginning. Large volume dealers will obviously get more. Will depend on production and how that stacks up. Anybody's guess how many.

3) I wasn't able to buy one in 2012 and I had the 3rd allocation at my dealership. They only got to #2 before it switched to 2013. If the plant can produce they will sell more as these are not limited edition. If you want one, just get in line at your dealer or find one that doesn't have many in line and wait your turn. Your number will eventually come up, but not even the dealers really know how many they will be allocated each month. Many of them will definitely get more than one or two though. Guess we will find out in a couple weeks.

Also, there are always people who back out of these deals and which is how I got mine. The GT500 came out with more power and he canceled his purchase so my searching on AutoTrader paid off.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:52 PM   #133
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
1) It doesn't matter how many buyers there are

2) They will all receive allocations at some point and most all should get at least one in the beginning. Large volume dealers will obviously get more. Will depend on production and how that stacks up. Anybody's guess how many.

My only concern is if the number of dealers exceeds what the plant can produce the notion that every dealer should receive at least one is not entirely demonstrable. Not to labor the point but I wonder how many ZL1 can they produce and how long would it take to provide every dealer with just one?

Anyone know how many cars GM cranks out in a day?
Old 08-09-2016, 02:12 PM   #134
Karma81

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Bigger wider tires will do that. Also if the the earlier test was done using an automatic SS then that would also account for the time difference

Has to be manual. There is no auto for 1LE.
Oh yeah, M6 only Duh!
Karma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:16 PM   #135
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
My only concern is if the number of dealers exceeds what the plant can produce the notion that every dealer should receive at least one is not entirely demonstrable. Not to labor the point but I wonder how many ZL1 can they produce and how long would it take to provide every dealer with just one?

Anyone know how many cars GM cranks out in a day?
The dealers will still get the allocations and the plant will pick them up as they can and issue a TPW (Target Production Week). Some allocations will move early and others may take a month or two. It's really a crap shoot. I'm not sure about Lansing but if I remember right Oshawa could put out like 400 cars or something. I'll be at the plant on the 18th and will find this out for sure.

The number of dealers definitely don't exceed what the plant can produce. If there were 4,700 dealers and they all got one allocation the first month, the plant could handle that in a couple of weeks easy.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:00 PM   #136
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblaue View Post
I'm having mixed emotions. The performance numbers aren't quite where I expected them to be. It's not a significant jump over the existing ZL1. 4/10 0-60, 5/10 1/4mile, nothing really in cornering and braking.

hmmmm .6 seconds in the 1/4 and 8 mph trap speed is huge. the 5th gen modded easy but I had to mod it to even feel remotely like my 07 z06 and this car is basically going to give you that stock with warranty.

I bet this car from the drivers seat stock vs stock is just on another level.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:45 PM   #137
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
hmmmm .6 seconds in the 1/4 and 8 mph trap speed is huge. the 5th gen modded easy but I had to mod it to even feel remotely like my 07 z06 and this car is basically going to give you that stock with warranty.

I bet this car from the drivers seat stock vs stock is just on another level.

...and good to see you back around again.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:44 PM   #138
Illmaticz

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1-1LE
Wow. Should have waited.
Illmaticz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:15 PM   #139
hughie1987

Drives: 06 RSX Type-S, 1974 Nova
I want the green one idc which model
hughie1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:27 PM   #140
hughie1987

Drives: 06 RSX Type-S, 1974 Nova
anyone know when the 1le will be available? I wanna price it out but its not on chevys site
hughie1987 is offline   Reply With Quote