Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 12-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #2017
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
Same scales. The 2LT/RS came fully loaded (sunroof, leather interior, etc) and his came with spare tire, air pump, and plug kit. My car did not come with the spare (optional), but it came with the plug kit. According to wiki Camaro, the 20" and P Zeros are 11lbs heavier than the 18"and BFG's.

We would have to investigate how much weight the sunroof adds, leather interior, RS package, and the spare tire. But when all said and done I will bet it is close to 100 lbs.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #2018
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
As far as I know, the spare isn't an option for the RS equipped cars. Only the plug kit.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #2019
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
The spare tire and everything included with it weighs 47lbs so that is half of the diff right there basically and the sunroof does add a good amount of weight. Also there could be some variation in the 1/4 tank of gas for example your car could of had a little less while the other a little more but that would prob be a diff of +/- 5lbs?
Old 12-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #2020
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
As far as I know, the spare isn't an option for the RS equipped cars. Only the plug kit.
My RS came with the spare tire
Old 12-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #2021
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
My RS came with the spare tire
As did Jewel.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #2022
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Interesting. They didn't let my buddy get it on his. Learn something new. But yea the spare is easily half the diff. The heated seats is probably the next difference

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #2023
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
The spare tire and everything included with it weighs 47lbs so that is half of the diff right there basically and the sunroof does add a good amount of weight. Also there could be some variation in the 1/4 tank of gas for example your car could of had a little less while the other a little more but that would prob be a diff of +/- 5lbs?
I agree, and with gas weighing 6 lbs a gallon. Hers could have been a gallon less than a 1/4 and his a gallon over a 1/4 which would equal to 12 lbs. and both could look like they are at a 1/4 tank.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #2024
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
Car was bought brand new. And I went 99.97 trap speed at +700 DA, so it was a given that I'd have a higher trap speed in negative DA. Again, still haven't answered my question of how much your v6 weighed with driver?
I never weighed it, I only had the spare tire kit and took that out. My car was bare bones besides the spare with no options so I should have weighed 3700 without the spare. I'm smallish, 160lbs + 15 with clothes and a helmet so I really can't imagine it would weigh more than 50lbs compared to a female driver. Not to mention my V6 was manual and like all the other manuals put down more whp than the autos in stock form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Actually, one magazine tested an automatic 2010 Synergy Green and ran 14.2 if I remember right. Everyone thought it was a fluke or that they Synergy Greens made more power than the others.
I think I remember that. But again it had the regular gears not the 2.9s. It probably also cut a beast 60'. This car trapped 100 with a decent 60', nothing mind blowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I had one, the spare fits over the V6 brakes just not the Brembos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarojt View Post
Trap speed does require power, so if you take into account that maybe her car runs strong anyways, plus nearly -1000 DA, and I'd be willing to bet she's 100 lbs lighter than you as a driver. All of those factors put together, plus driver skill and you can pull a better ET and MPH.

The bigger issue is that you are doubting her 1st but have nothing to go by except for just not wanting to believe it based on your times. Maybe she's just better than you??

Seems like you have issues with her outperforming what you think is believable.
You can defend that your not, but from the outside looking in, you seem very quick to judge and call someone out when you can't back it up with any proof.

I love the fact that she offered up a bet! To me that shows a huge amount of confidence in knowing that she's being honest!
I never brought up driver skill or doubted her skill. From the first post I claimed either the car might be a factory freak or its track error. Maybe you missed my posts, there are a lot, but I feel I brought up enough evidence for myself to have reasonable doubt. Her slips were showing errors which is evidence there might be some witchcraft going on at that track. She said her rear tires were at 38 PSI When have you ever seen a BF Goodrich at 38 PSI hook on ANYTHING? The car also didn't pull some crazy 60' to run a low 14/high 13, and its trapping way above what we've seen stock cars trap for three YEARS. Instead its trapping what a lot of stock cars do.
"Seems like you have issues with her outperforming what you think is believable. "
I think that's obvious? lol

And you can get upset I'm raising the flag, but I've already said in two posts I'd put my money where my mouth is. In my opinion AGAIN, this thing is either a factory freak, which would be sick, or its a track error so either outcome is something I'm interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
that would definitely be a factory freak. i was pulling off a 104 trap speed with nitrous, in a manual tranny.
Thats what I'm thinking. I managed to trap 100-101.5 with my vararam and cut outs, along with lighter rims and a simulated rear gear of 3.45. Thats in a car that basically weighed the same making more whp with better gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Got any slips to show those high 12 runs? I remember a time when you had your V6 and you thought with your ability, perfect shifts, etc etc you would be setting some very hot times. But it never panned out as you found it was tougher than you thought.

As for her HP, remember she is running with a LFX, which is 323 HP. Ricer math on an auto would put her around 258 HP at the wheels. The numbers you listed might be from the stock LLT's?

Instead of offering to race her with a rental, send her the money to go get a dyno.........

Oh the bench racing...................got to love it............
Well from the videos you can see my shifts are quick. It makes no sense that the manuals had a tractor gear for 1st. It was a 4.xx ratio something ridiculous. The car is extremely hard to hook.
And if she can get a dyno for a similar cost of a rental sure but it would be better to see how it fares against another stock car.
And don't hate on bench racing its nice and free and no one goes home with broken parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
Ok, so if you add headers and a pulley whats your guess on what it'll run?
12.9ish or the exact same low 13. Nice try though lol
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #2025
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Okay, I'm going to do a little ricer math myself.

Stock LLT = 312 HP
Manual Transmission = 15% Drivetrain Loss
Stock LLT/M6 = 312*0.85 = 265.2 RWHP

Stock LFX = 323 HP
Auto Transmission = 20% Drivetrain Loss
Stock LFX/A6 = 323*0.80 = 258.4 RWHP

Difference of 6.8 RWHP.

Don't you think a negative 1000 DA could erase that 6.8 RWHP? Add to that lower weight (you had a RS which definitely weighs more than a 2LS) and you probably weigh more than her. We don't know how much gas you had either. Spinning also results on higher trap speeds than a dead hook. Finally, lower numerical gears produce lower 60's (with traction), but they often result in higher trap speeds. Given MotorTrend had a trap speed of 99.2 MPH on their SGM M6, don't you think 100.77 in a lighter car with that DA and gear seems quite reasonable?
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/specs.html

At one time you thougt your home-made CAI would get you to 13.9. Everyone told you you would need to drop weight and get a fantastic DA to have a chance for a 13.9. She's running a lower race weight than most of us with great DA and she is a better driver than most of us. Everyone supported you when you expected to run 13.9 and still gave you kudos when you didn't get it but ran a 14.3 bone stock. Go back and read some of that and think about it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78134
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139882
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=139882&page=2
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?
Old 12-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #2026
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post

But most V8 bolt on guys are running 12.00-11.52? Why Can't you?
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #2027
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:

Well from the videos you can see my shifts are quick. It makes no sense that the manuals had a tractor gear for 1st. It was a 4.xx ratio something ridiculous. The car is extremely hard to hook.
And if she can get a dyno for a similar cost of a rental sure but it would be better to see how it fares against another stock car.
And don't hate on bench racing its nice and free and no one goes home with broken parts

Very True............
Old 12-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #2028
Ecofx86

Drives: 2017 Ram 1500 4x4
I was at the track on the 16th and personally saw her run 14.00.

It impressed the hell out me to see a base model (black rims) very quiet exhaust v6 run 14 flat.

Twice she did it.

Here is my bext run

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Ecofx86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #2029
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
Quote:
I never weighed it, I only had the spare tire kit and took that out. My car was bare bones besides the spare with no options so I should have weighed 3700 without the spare. I'm smallish, 160lbs + 15 with clothes and a helmet so I really can't imagine it would weigh more than 50lbs compared to a female driver. Not to mention my V6 was manual and like all the other manuals put down more whp than the autos in stock form.

I think I remember that. But again it had the regular gears not the 2.9s. It probably also cut a beast 60'. This car trapped 100 with a decent 60', nothing mind blowing.

I had one, the spare fits over the V6 brakes just not the Brembos.

I never brought up driver skill or doubted her skill. From the first post I claimed either the car might be a factory freak or its track error. Maybe you missed my posts, there are a lot, but I feel I brought up enough evidence for myself to have reasonable doubt. Her slips were showing errors which is evidence there might be some witchcraft going on at that track. She said her rear tires were at 38 PSI When have you ever seen a BF Goodrich at 38 PSI hook on ANYTHING? The car also didn't pull some crazy 60' to run a low 14/high 13, and its trapping way above what we've seen stock cars trap for three YEARS. Instead its trapping what a lot of stock cars do.
"Seems like you have issues with her outperforming what you think is believable. "
I think that's obvious? lol

And you can get upset I'm raising the flag, but I've already said in two posts I'd put my money where my mouth is. In my opinion AGAIN, this thing is either a factory freak, which would be sick, or its a track error so either outcome is something I'm interested in.

Thats what I'm thinking. I managed to trap 100-101.5 with my vararam and cut outs, along with lighter rims and a simulated rear gear of 3.45. Thats in a car that basically weighed the same making more whp with better gears.

Honestly, I'm tired of saying this. I ran my car 10 times on that day (Dec 15) and only that ONE timeSLIP was messed up. SLIP not SLIPS. Not plural. And I've ran my car at least 25 times down the track. So one out of 25 timeslips was messed up. Do you want me take a picture of each one and show them to you, would that make you happy? And as far as timeslips go, DandD's slip for his 14.24 pass, the mph was messed up. Does that count as "witchcraft", does his time not count? Or how about trw427ss pass when he made number one on the V8 bolt-on list? Was some "witchcraft" there too? Because he and I were both at State Capitol on the same day (Nov 24); he made his 11.52 pass and I made my 13.95 pass. Guess some witchcraft was involved. And as far as 38psi and BFGs not hooking, State Capitol is prepped so well unlike those northern tracks you go to, and my tires did NOT spin. Another thing, I did some research on this thread and noticed that every time you were unable to achieve some goal you had, you always blamed the track. So I guess that it's the track's fault I was able to accomplish what you so much wanted to do, and I did it even better.
Attached Images

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #2030
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
[QUOTE=DarkneSS;7289099]

I never brought up driver skill or doubted her skill. From the first post I claimed either the car might be a factory freak or its track error.

I get what your saying and all the points you are making only paint this situation more so in her favor.
My point is you are straddling the fence on your opinion. You either think she's lying, or that the track was spitting out false time slips, (which could happen).
BUT it's not like this is her only slip or track in which she has run close to this time!
BOOM... There goes your broken time slip theory?

So now we are left with 2 choices. Either she is flat out lying about her mods, (in which you aren't saying that, but by process of elimination...yes you are)

OR you are giving yourself an OUT, by saying "Or it's a factory Freak?"

Lets assume that it is a factory freak? Don't you find it very possible that that same factory freak, with less weight for whatever amount or reason, plus -900 DA can run that time? Obviously you do think it's possibly Bc otherwise you wouldn't have said it could be a factory freak. You would have said NO WAY IN HELL IT RAN THAT!!
So now how are you gonna feel if she proves you dead wrong? You should feel like eating 2 serving of foot in your mouth with a side of crow.

I am not mad or upset at you having an opinion, I am just simply stating the fact that nobody would want their credit taken away if in fact their car ran a legit time, and then some dude with a bone to pick, or just too outspoken decides to take away that credit! Think about that.
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote