Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-05-2019, 02:07 PM   #71
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
pics

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:56 PM   #72
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Looks good, like how the h pipe is tucked away
Old 08-05-2019, 06:27 PM   #73
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
I need to look into doing this bypass.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:51 PM   #74
PowertoLove
Banned

Drives: A Sneaky Fast Camaro
AC should rock now.
PowertoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 11:21 PM   #75
Red Jewel RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Nice job! So far mine is still ok but when it does have an issue I am certainly going to do this fix rather than taking the dash all apart.
Thank you for the DYI!
Red Jewel RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 11:24 PM   #76
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowertoLove View Post
AC should rock now.
Yes!!!! Yes it does.

Bone Stock
Old 08-05-2019, 11:34 PM   #77
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

I must tell anyone doing this job that i cut the hoses off the heater core. they were practically welded on and i didnt want to make this a bigger job than it needed to.

my advice: just cut them

i dont need a heater core but my ride or die is a female. so if you feel me, you need that heater core intact. valves worked beautifully tho. Didnt get to experience the ac till the next day since i have to leave them open to burp the cooling system on saturday. i took the car to work today (its mid 90's and dry in the LA area this week) and i have ice cold AF and running coolat temp of 194

Bone Stock
Old 08-06-2019, 07:47 AM   #78
denboy1

Drives: 2014 2ss Convertible
Did you see this video?

Still looks like a mess to do but at least you wouldn't have to remove the windshield.
denboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:56 AM   #79
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9fordkiller View Post
I must tell anyone doing this job that i cut the hoses off the heater core. they were practically welded on and i didnt want to make this a bigger job than it needed to.

my advice: just cut them

i dont need a heater core but my ride or die is a female. so if you feel me, you need that heater core intact. valves worked beautifully tho. Didnt get to experience the ac till the next day since i have to leave them open to burp the cooling system on saturday. i took the car to work today (its mid 90's and dry in the LA area this week) and i have ice cold AF and running coolat temp of 194

Nice! Clean install too man it looks great
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:02 AM   #80
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by denboy1 View Post
Did you see this video?

Still looks like a mess to do but at least you wouldn't have to remove the windshield.
Not having to remove the windshield is a win on its own but you said it: still looks like a mess.

Bone Stock
Old 08-07-2019, 11:09 AM   #81
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Could this be done with all AN fittings? Specifically could you sub in T fittings and create the cross over pipe with -10/-12 fittings?

I'm thinking of trying that but not sure if it would work space wise with the ball valves
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:51 PM   #82
Tajefe Couple

Mine was the expansion valve, replaced today back to ice cold air all the time
Old 08-19-2019, 10:49 AM   #83
Panda1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE (6spd)
just found this thread and im guessing it will save me from my current issue. I have a '13 1LE and it has been over 100 for a while where I live. The a/c has been blowing nothing but warm air and my kids and I just sweat while in the car. What is weird is that at night when it is cooler or on cooler days, the air doesn't feel half bad (tolerable but not ice cold). So I am unsure what the issue could be but I am guessing it is probably the blend door. I bought a can of that A/C Pro stuff from O'reilly's and when I connected the gauge to the low side, it immediately went into the red. So I thought, oh man, there is an issue. But then I started the car and it went into the green (where it should be). I didn't use the can and returned it. Wondering if I should just do this to fix the issue now or if its something more simple. I am clueless to a/c work. This has been fun, after cracking my whole windshield a few months ago with the heater on while it was a very cold morning. Can anyone help?

CAI intake, Stainless Power LTH, SCT X4, NPP exhaust
Panda1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 05:54 PM   #84
Tajefe Couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda1LE View Post
just found this thread and im guessing it will save me from my current issue. I have a '13 1LE and it has been over 100 for a while where I live. The a/c has been blowing nothing but warm air and my kids and I just sweat while in the car. What is weird is that at night when it is cooler or on cooler days, the air doesn't feel half bad (tolerable but not ice cold). So I am unsure what the issue could be but I am guessing it is probably the blend door. I bought a can of that A/C Pro stuff from O'reilly's and when I connected the gauge to the low side, it immediately went into the red. So I thought, oh man, there is an issue. But then I started the car and it went into the green (where it should be). I didn't use the can and returned it. Wondering if I should just do this to fix the issue now or if its something more simple. I am clueless to a/c work. This has been fun, after cracking my whole windshield a few months ago with the heater on while it was a very cold morning. Can anyone help?
I had a friend use a set of professional gauges on it to get a reading. That's how we narrowed it down to the expansion valve. Might start there if you know someone. Or could try to stop the flow to the heater core by simply pinching hoses momentarily, if it still blows hot air without any flow its probably not the dreaded blend door. If the air gets cold with no flow to the heater core than probably the blend door. If it's that I'd recommend what 69 did in this thread. Otherwise stealership wants an arm and leg to pull dash and windshield to get at and fix it.

GL as I understand these systems can be troublesome.

Last edited by Tajefe Couple; 08-19-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Tajefe Couple is offline   Reply With Quote