Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-06-2018, 11:46 AM   #2941
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.jimenez View Post
I know nobody likes the new face, but it actually looks really good in black, with the 1LE package. Looks mean. I just picked one up so I'm biased, but I think the new face is getting more negative feedback than it really deserves.
Congrats!

Old 11-06-2018, 12:49 PM   #2942
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
I know nobody likes the new face, but it actually looks really good in black, with the 1LE package. Looks mean. I just picked one up so I'm biased, but I think the new face is getting more negative feedback than it really deserves.
It looks good in black, as it keeps the color uniform in the front as in the refresh with the only difference being the flowtie. But I agree, in this config, it looks alright even if I still prefer the previous design.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:36 PM   #2943
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
The more knowledge and freedom of expression people get, the more bitchy they become

JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #2944
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
The horse is dead and starting to stink!
Old 11-06-2018, 03:29 PM   #2945
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Who cares what people think about the refresh you have one of the best Camaros ever produced with the 1Le package ,and thats a fact , just drive on .

Last edited by Gen6_1Le; 11-11-2018 at 12:44 PM.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:59 AM   #2946
B_Rian

Drives: 2014 2SS
On the 2SS models I wish they'd put the rear view camera in another location besides the spoiler. The stanchion spoiler would be the first thing I'd change on the new cars and I don't think you can change them on the 2SS/2LT trims.
B_Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #2947
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Congrats!!! Enjoy one of the true marvels of engineering out there. The car is amazing.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:43 AM   #2948
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
I finally was able to see the refresh in person. It isnt near as bad I thought it would be. With the Sema style front bumper, it would actually look good. Lastly on the front end, if a portion of the inner bezel in the new headlamps were black it would go a looooong ways in making the front look better. The all chrome headlights stick out like a sore thumb.

The rear Im sold on, looks great in person.

Whoever thought Hyper Blue should be cancelled and replaced with Riverside needs to have their head examined.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:09 PM   #2949
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Rian View Post
On the 2SS models I wish they'd put the rear view camera in another location besides the spoiler. The stanchion spoiler would be the first thing I'd change on the new cars and I don't think you can change them on the 2SS/2LT trims.
You should take a close look at the inside of the trunklid. On the ‘16-‘18 cars, the holes for all the spoilers are predrilled. I have a friend who’s swapping an SS spoiler for a 1LE spoiler, and apart from the adhesive, it’s a bolt-in operation.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:36 PM   #2950
Just Cruzin

Drives: 2017 SS 50th Anniv & 1969 SS350
I finally saw a 19 Garnet Red 1LE yesterday and will agree with 94turbolsx that it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. If I didn't already have a 17 SS I would be probably be considering picking that one up. I like the rear tail lights, the rear bumper lines I can live with, but I just don't like the front bumper flow-tie. Overall the new look would not stop me from purchasing one or looking elsewhere for something else.
Just Cruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #2951
B_Rian

Drives: 2014 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
You should take a close look at the inside of the trunklid. On the ‘16-‘18 cars, the holes for all the spoilers are predrilled. I have a friend who’s swapping an SS spoiler for a 1LE spoiler, and apart from the adhesive, it’s a bolt-in operation.
I mean for the 2LT, 2SS, and ZL1 trims. They come with the new rear view mirror camera that is built into the spoiler. Therefore I think it would be hard to swap the spoiler because you'd have to either disable the camera or find somewhere else to put it.
I remember seeing a video a few months ago where the camera was placed in the antenna instead of the spoiler. I wonder why GM didn't go that route on the production models.

Edit: also, I don't believe the 2SS 1LE comes with the rear view mirror camera. I just saw goldpony's review of the 19 ZL1 1LE and it didn't have the camera.
B_Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:25 AM   #2952
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
I wonder if one of the aftermarket license plate frame cameras would be compatible with the Camaro software, wiring and mirror - or maybe you could swap the Camaro camera into the frame. There also are several cameras you could mount to the body above or next to the license plate.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:40 PM   #2953
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Rian View Post
I mean for the 2LT, 2SS, and ZL1 trims. They come with the new rear view mirror camera that is built into the spoiler. Therefore I think it would be hard to swap the spoiler because you'd have to either disable the camera or find somewhere else to put it.
I remember seeing a video a few months ago where the camera was placed in the antenna instead of the spoiler. I wonder why GM didn't go that route on the production models.

Edit: also, I don't believe the 2SS 1LE comes with the rear view mirror camera. I just saw goldpony's review of the 19 ZL1 1LE and it didn't have the camera.

You are correct. This is what shows up on the window sticker for 2SS 1LE cars

Rear Camera Mirror (Deleted when (A1Y/A1Z) 1LE Track Performance Package is ordered.)
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #2954
max pl

Drives: BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cruzin View Post
I finally saw a 19 Garnet Red 1LE yesterday and will agree with 94turbolsx that it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. If I didn't already have a 17 SS I would be probably be considering picking that one up. I like the rear tail lights, the rear bumper lines I can live with, but I just don't like the front bumper flow-tie. Overall the new look would not stop me from purchasing one or looking elsewhere for something else.
at healey in poughkeepsie?

they have a garnet red there that i stopped by to check out over the weekend as well.

i agree with you, it does not look as bad as the photos but then again, i was inspecting the car from close up and didnt get a chance to see it from 20 feet away.
max pl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!