Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Stealthpanda's 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS and 2011 CGM Camaro 1LT Journal

6/8/14
I didn't want to take down my old journal as that was an entertaining part of my life, and over those 3 years I have learned a decent amount, both about cars, and life. I will continue the SS's build journal in Post #21
So on May 5th I picked this up:
2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS:

2011 CGM Camaro 1LT:
I truely didnt think I would EVER have mod money... but I have been on a nice 50 hour work week regimen since... new year. Saving some money... But I deserve some toys too :( Almost 11 Months unmoded!

Original Pic:

Looking into MRT v1.0/2.0 in the immediate future as well as Plasti-dipping my Tail Light bezels. Vararam or other intake set for August (bonus time ) With Possibly Plasti-dipping my rims if I get around to seeing how the bezels come out.
Hunting for a stock CGM Spoiler in the Wanted/FS sub-forum. This looks like it'll be an Xmas buy, though. And depending on how the rims come out, SS stock/RS stock 20" rims.

EDIT:
Will be keeping tabs on costs of modifications as a reference.
Rear bow-tie delete: 4$ for Goo-gone and 1.5 hour of removal/cleanup.
Front bow-tie delete: 40$ for blank Drake insert and no more than 5 mins for removal/installation.
MRT v1.0 exhaust: 473$ for exhaust and roughly 1.25 hour to install at a local shot.
Plasti-dipped 18" stock LT rims: 21$ for 3 cans of Plasti-dip and 5 hours total from jack-standed/washed/sprayed/installed again.
Plasti-dipped tail-light bezels: 7$ for 1 can of Plasti-dip and 2-2.5 hours total from uninstalled/washed/sprayed/installed again.
Vararam intake: 320$ for intake and 1 hour for total install, including installing the heat pad wrong.

Planned Mods Updated: 5/8/12
Going to clean up mods a little. I do plan to do a more involved mod process.... the exhaust wasnt really good for that. I didnt want to take to long, take pics, and a vidio of the process, being as this wasnt my shop. Honestly, unless its being done at a dealership, I am going to post more pics Going to put down some more planned mods... some might be a ways away... modding is addicting for shure.

5/08/12 Completed Mods:
MRT v1.0
Rear Bow-tie Delete
Front Bow-tie Delete/Replace with insert
Plasti-dipped stock 18" LT rims
Plasti-dipped tail-light bezels (went with this and I will see how they hold up over time)
Vararam Intake

Current Planned Mods:
Tail Light Blackout Kit/RS tail-lights (Undecided ATM... One definately goes more towards blacked/murdered out with 20% tint on all 10 lights.)
Tint on rear 3 windows (Unsure %)
Matte black stripes (Hood/trunk)
Brighter headlights (Honestly, RS headlights would be cool, but they are 750ish here in the members classified section and definately 600+ per on some websites )
PDIM
Steering wheel audio controls
Aux Gauges

Thats it for now... Man thats alot of $$$.... Cheers
Jason

Last edited by Stealthpanda; 06-08-2014 at 07:04 PM. Reason: New Camaro! :D
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
KidKilowatt

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Looks god so far !
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
START THE PLASTI-DIP! Fun to mess around with and looks great! lol
Old 04-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #4
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Congrats on the new camaro. Love the CGM..looks real nice. Do it up "your way"....
Old 04-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #5
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

It hungers... Shipping went smooth. No dmg. Looking forward to the install....
Old 04-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Installation of MRT v1.0 done! Phone is dead, so no pics or vid. Didnt video tape the install but had the owner of the shop help (brother in laws dad) help a little... truth is... I havent used a sawsall in years! Doi! Everything fit snug. Wierd noise on decel, other than popping (which I love ), but other than that I am absolutely in love with this thing. It is so ungodly loud compared to stock... it is like a koala bear sht a rainbow in my ears. So overwhelmed :O She has a nice idle now... Stock had nothing but DI tick... now I cant really hear it over the exhaust. Scraped the old exhaust... so emotional at the time. A guy with an R/T Challenger was there. Almost thought I had an SS before I told him! Feels really good.... I had a blast at their shop... the install was truely cake. An hour at most. Ill post pics and a vid later. Cheers!
Old 04-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Very nice I have some MRT v2 that I still need to install
Old 04-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
Congrats on the MRT 1.0!! Loving mine!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #9
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Bold move on a cloudy day pays off! Inc tons of pics!

Plasti-dipped my rims. Wanted to do bezels first and see how they came out... but we go hard on with the PD.

It wasnt that bad. The process took 5 hours total. Rushed the last coat due to a family emergency, but ultimately I can redo them 1 rim at a time, if need be.

Car on jack-stands:

This was a little weird... Had to jack it from a wierd spot. Worked out, and nothing bad happened. They were all centered and sturdy!

Cleaned all the rims with soap and hot water. Dried them as well.

Next, application! Cheers.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Application:
I really went hard here. Took some tips from steiger's thread. Good stuff. Straight into the fray! Didnt want to use the blue tape... so I bought index cards. Slightly windy... everything held suprisingly. Did it under a tree. DOH! Slight inconvenience. 1st coat, 15 min wait, 2nd coat, 15 min wait, 3rd coat, 40 min wait, 4th coat (rushed, unfortunately :() 45 min wait. Put on car. Taken off jackstands. Let sit for 15 minutes before I left. I realize that this does waste time if I ever have to redo them... but I had to leave. All in all I am really impressed. Center caps still silver. Same lugnuts. The combo looks good though. Few places I need to wash, ina few days after it cures, and some nicks I need to touch up/fix. Pics!

All 4:

1:

Final Coat Dry:

Really impressed. Few more pics. Cheers!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #11
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Front:

Rear:

Driver side of Car:

Again, all in all I am very impressed. Solid look. Loving the matte color. Will need some touch ups. Doing the Bezels tomorrow!
Will be getting better pictures of the overall car in the sunlight tomorrow as well. Cheers!
Old 05-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #12
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Bezels! This was tricky. Found 1 broken tab on the LH inner and then broke another myself. LH outer and RH outer came off with no harm. Also broke a tab on RH inner. Those ones are hard to get out. The outers were cake. Washed with soap and warm water, dried with a towel. Pics!

Cleaned removed bezels:

After Second Coat:

Next... horror story :(
LH inner and RH outer turned out great. The bad news: I attempted to repair wet/tacky plastidip on RH inner. Ruined it. LH outer was just a bad coat overall. Ran alot =/ Really bad. Peeled off those 2 and redid them. Pics next post. Cheers.

Last edited by Stealthpanda; 06-08-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #13
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

LH outer:

These are finishes pics... after round 2 I called it. RH outer and LH inner look amazing, but the above (LH outer) fubbed a little. Such a fussy one. You will see the damage/run.

RH inner didnt really apply to well. Youll see on the bottom lip:

Overall LH pic:

LH Outer:

LH Inner:

Overall RH pic:

RH: outer:

RH inner:

Overall, PD works really well. The pollen is KILLING me though... car-duster'ed my car and with in 45 mins it was COVERED in pollen. Some pics will show pollen. :( Cant wait to wash the bezels and the rims.
Cheers!

Last edited by Stealthpanda; 06-08-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Very nice!