Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-05-2011, 06:03 AM   #43
xlroadster
Support Bill A09426!

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I just look straight ahead and keep it moving (cruising). It's all good, though.
When they talk trash I still look ahead as if I don't understand english or something. Totally believable because I look the part. Go ahead, say what you want...that's okay. I let them have the small "victories". Go ahead, rev your car and taunt me, go tell your friends you smoked a Camaro.

We all know who the true winner is here.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #44
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
IF at a Red Light, I open my cut outs and pat the gas a couple of times, when I see the light start to change I rev my motor and simply ease off while the other idiot takes off like a bat out of hell, and simply laugh at them.

If I am driving I open my cut out and rev the motor and simply slow down.

Funny part is once I pulled into a gas station and this idiot followed me wanted to know wht I wouldn't race. I told him I was " Scared, laughed and walked away"

Some people are idiots.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:49 AM   #45
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Have them roll the window down to see who it is, them quickly blow their doors off and resume driving...I know, I know, but I built it so I could do this! LOL! I go to the track as well. Always know your surroundings.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #46
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
It's very hard sometimes. I just think about the amount of my insurance bill.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #47
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Laughing directly at them is by far the best. And when you know what you got anyway and there is absolutely no challange its a totally sincere gut laugh. Odd but since I stroked mine and put the 305's on going down the highway at 1800 rpms emits low shock waves that seem to scare most of them off anyway.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:46 AM   #48
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
I love it when someone pulls beside me at a red light and and they are revving and stuff ...LOL .... so I foot brake it to about 1500 rpm like I'm gonna run.... when the light turns green, they take off like a bat outta hell.... I just take off normal and about 20-40% of the time.... they are getting pulled over and I'm riding by honking the horn giving the peace sign.. .. I do it every time.

What gets me even ticked off is when you got them kids in their 6 colored civics or imports with the big Folgers can exhaust revving, smelling like they haven't had a oil change in 10 years and running up on you when you got a kid in the passenger side...get a clue! ugh!

I'm strictly against street racing.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #49
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Mustang owners are relentless where I live. If they taunt me once I just ignore them and let them speed off. 2 times (so far) they kept up the taunting long enough that I badged them. Funny how it stopped after that.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #50
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Mack View Post
So, how do you hold your composure and what do you do, in lieu of punching the pedal when someone taunts you? ?
Like this:

TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #51
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Mack View Post
I'm new to the Camaro, but after being a Mopar Man for the past several years (Charger Daytona RT and Challenger SRT) I'm very familiar with the huge amounts of idiots that are out there that, for some strange reason, think that their Honda Civic is faster and that they have something to prove by zooming ahead like a bat-outta-hell at the green light.

In my Mopar years, I didn't have one Camaro guy disrespect me. It was always a thumbs up or a nod, or just nothing. But never a taunt.

Mustangs, on the other hand...we all know about those Mustang douches. I'm not saying all Mustang owners are...I have a friend who owns a Mustang and he's a good person. lol

Even so, in the area I live, it's the BMW, Mercedes, Audi and for some odd reason, Large Pick-up Trucks that are the culprits when it comes to doing all they can to prove that they have a faster car.

And, I do believe that owners of Toyota Prius's and those totally ridiculous Smart Cars, DO have a point to prove. Especially guys from their 40's through 50's who see our cars and feel that they want us to know that even though they drive a goofy looking piece of s**t, they didn't make a mistake on their purchase and that they can show us and do 50 in a 35 zone or 80 on the freeway.

So, how do you hold your composure and what do you do, in lieu of punching the pedal when someone taunts you? Or that occasional idiot who won't let you merge...and you know it's because he's jealous. Do you give him the, "I think you're Number One" salute? Or, do you just smile, confident that you have the nicest looking ride?
Rev my engine....give the the lets do it look...then as the green light approaches, get focused....and watch them take off and hope theres a cop just hanging out waiting...either way its usally pretty humorous
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #52
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
6k rev will back them up
When people do that, I laugh.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #53
Ravener

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Blk
When challanged, pull out and place a blue/white strobe (NEVER turn it on...that's a huge no no) on the dash and make like you're calling a situation in on your cell ...they will disappear like mist or become extremely "good and compliant drivers" damn quick.
Ravener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #54
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
Like this:

Exactly LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birm View Post
Rev my engine....give the the lets do it look...then as the green light approaches, get focused....and watch them take off and hope theres a cop just hanging out waiting...either way its usally pretty humorous
Thats all I do LOL ...its a funny sight!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #55
2quick

Drives: none
I have a cousin that is a cop. One day we were cruising and had some one at the light rev on us. We were in my car. Well we just took off at the light in a normal fashion. Guy is pacing us in the next lane revving the motor and taking off then slowing back down. Well one time when he slowed down my cousin had his badge up in the window. Needless to say he stopped being an ass lol.
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #56
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Blow them a kiss.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote