Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #281
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Guaranteed that is the GM tune... will have to see what the next A6 car on the dyno does.
I'm sorry I was not clear. Yes that IS the GM tune. What I meant is that under normal operating conditions GM NEVER intended for the power to just drop after 4500 rpm like that. There is some issue with the car for the tune to adjust in that manner. That is my opinion.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #282
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
I'm sorry I was not clear. Yes that IS the GM tune. What I meant is that under normal operating conditions GM NEVER intended for the power to just drop after 4500 rpm like that. There is some issue with the car for the tune to adjust in that manner. That is my opinion.
Gotcha. and as I said will be interested to see the next one or even this one re-run.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #283
StentS

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
FWIW... This incorrect statement keeps getting quoted... the car ran on street tires not DR's
Car ran with drag radials

Quote from post #7 :

Nitto 20 inch drag radials: 12.11 @ 116.1 mph with a 1.81 60 ft. time.

This car made 467 rwhp thru the factory auto transmission on our Dynojet dyno a couple of days ago.

Vince

StentS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #284
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbra1 View Post
I agree the ZL1 will more than likely be the easier car to drive fast on a road course, I do think the 2013 GT500 will be quicker in the 1/4.

So this will be a good grudge match between the two cars
Agree. People seem to forget in the Boss vs ZL1 comparison the ZL1 was making it's time in the curves not the straights. Face it, it may corner well thanks to Mag suspension and driver confidence but it's not getting all the HP to the ground coming out of the corner or running down the straight.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #285
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by StentS View Post
Car ran with drag radials

Quote from post #7 :

Nitto 20 inch drag radials: 12.11 @ 116.1 mph with a 1.81 60 ft. time.

This car made 467 rwhp thru the factory auto transmission on our Dynojet dyno a couple of days ago.

Vince
Thanks... I totally missed that... too busy trying to figure the 567rwhp at the time. 12.1 with the trap speed the same.... maybe that 4500 blip does need to be sorted out...
Old 04-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #286
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
Unfortunately this 12.5 run will be the one that people talk about on the Mustangmforums not the 11.9-12.2s that are sure to follow once the cars get dialed in.
I'm on a mustang forum because I like performance mod talk. Hate to tell you but there is barely over 1 page of post about this car and being car guys they are a lot more positive than this thread but without the excuses
Old 04-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #287
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Agree. People seem to forget in the Boss vs ZL1 comparison the ZL1 was making it's time in the curves not the straights. Face it, it may corner well thanks to Mag suspension and driver confidence but it's not getting all the HP to the ground coming out of the corner or running down the straight.
Agree, the Boss has superior traction management to the Zl1 but I’m not sure the GT500 will be the same way with all the added HP.

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #288
zero

Drives: Black 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Agreed, the ZL1 was barely faster in the straights against the boss. I think once we see actual production models being tested we will know if GM had a few ringers for the pre production press and hot shoe lap times as we will see in the coming months.

Somebody give Al Opp an Apple comp and pry him away from windows XP simulations
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #289
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
I'm on a mustang forum because I like performance mod talk. Hate to tell you but there is barely over 1 page of post about this car and being car guys they are a lot more positive than this thread but without the excuses
there is a 6 page thread on the svt forum and that is one of two threads were the crap talking goes on and on.

it is wierd that people bring up the word excuses. this makes me think more people talk about racing than actually race. Everybody who has ever drag raced consistentely has had an off weekend. a problem cropped up, ignition, fuel delivery. etc. That is what I want to know is this time a good representative of the car or is the car having an issue. There are just days where everbody is a bit slower due to the conditions or track prep.

now if you lose because of an issue it is still a loss but it is still a problem that needs to be sorted out. To me this will be come excuses if the car really is only capable of 12.5.

Everyone who internet races does not have these problems. ha ha there car always runs there best time and produces there best dyno run.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #290
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
there is a 6 page thread on the svt forum and that is one of two threads were the crap talking goes on and on.

it is wierd that people bring up the word excuses. this makes me think more people talk about racing than actually race. Everybody who has ever drag raced consistentely has had an off weekend. a problem cropped up, ignition, fuel delivery. etc. That is what I want to know is this time a good representative of the car or is the car having an issue. There are just days where everbody is a bit slower due to the conditions or track prep.

now if you lose because of an issue it is still a loss but it is still a problem that needs to be sorted out. To me this will be come excuses if the car really is only capable of 12.5.

Everyone who internet races does not have these problems. ha ha there car always runs there best time and produces there best dyno run.

I think it's best to wait for a bit more data before passing final judgement. The other forum I was on took this view also
Old 04-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #291
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post

True that. I've run a 14.4... once (hangs head in shame). But all the talk here has been wait till this thing hits the track, sub 12 second times and all. So based on the first numbers posted, issue or not the ZL1 crowd set themselves up for some harmless ribbing. Take it like a man. And let us have our fun till you post the numbers you promised us... Stock.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #292
Nmbr1gmfan

Drives: Fast
Quote:
So based on the first numbers posted, issue or not the ZL1 crowd set themselves up for some harmless ribbing. Take it like a man. And let us have our fun till you post the numbers you promised us... Stock.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #293
REAPER SS

Drives: 2010 CAMARO BLK 2SS/L99
I think everybody needs to take a chill pill and at least wait for more results, not just one car. Can we continue this discussion next week at the same bat time,same bat channel? Keep the faith and dont let the nay sayers kill the ZL1 spirit
REAPER SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #294
OLD_GOAT
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by REAPER SS View Post
I think everybody needs to take a chill pill and at least wait for more results, not just one car. Can we continue this discussion next week at the same bat time,same bat channel? Keep the faith and dont let the nay sayers kill the ZL1 spirit

Best post yet. Just relax and give the car some time.

I will state this, given time and other drivers and tracks, if this car (bone stock) isn't between 11.9 and 12.1, then there are major problems in Chevyland.

*********also, did anybody note yet that the car was ran on Friday the 13th.........things that make you go hmmmmmm ***********
2009 Corvette Coupe.....2005 Pontiac GTO
1995 Camaro.....1989 Mustang GT
1987 Mustang GT.....1985 Camaro
1976 455 Trans-Am.....1973 Mustang Mach 1

Last edited by OLD_GOAT; 04-13-2012 at 10:55 PM.
OLD_GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
700hp z28 strip car, zl1 track car