Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #15
PatrickfromMD
 
PatrickfromMD's Avatar
 
Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
those sv-1's look sexy! great choice!

Yea, I cant wait, They will be just like in the photo, except in stepped lip (ala SSmothie) and cyber grey centers vs. Black
__________________

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #16
SGOS252382


 
SGOS252382's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 6,294
Nice wheels, and you'll have a hard time trying to perfectly match the cyber gray metallic GM stripes. I have cyber gray metallic stripes on my car and they look glossy black 95% of the time (everyone always tells me they look black when they see my car). The other 5% they look sparkling dark silver.

You'd be better off getting black wheels if you wanted to match your stripes. I also think black wheels would look real good with your IOM body color.

But those traditional colored machined wheels look real nice too.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #17
PatrickfromMD
 
PatrickfromMD's Avatar
 
Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Nice wheels, and you'll have a hard time trying to perfectly match the cyber gray metallic GM stripes. I have cyber gray metallic stripes on my car and they look glossy black 95% of the time (everyone always tells me they look black when they see my car). The other 5% they look sparkling dark silver.

You'd be better off getting black wheels if you wanted to match your stripes. I also think black wheels would look real good with your IOM body color.

But those traditional colored machined wheels look real nice too.
I was of the assumption that the stripes match the CGM paint (also an option on the camaro.)
I have other parts of the car (T2 ports for example) in CGM. I believe it matches the stripes pretty closly. Black is safe, but I think im going to draw outside the lines on this one lol
__________________

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #18
SGOS252382


 
SGOS252382's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 6,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
I was of the assumption that the stripes match the CGM paint (also an option on the camaro.)
I have other parts of the car (T2 ports for example) in CGM. I believe it matches the stripes pretty closly. Black is safe, but I think im going to draw outside the lines on this one lol
Yes, its similar (to the CGM paint). But you understand what I'm saying because you have CGM stripes. They are very unique stripes that appear to be glossy black in most lighting situations. They also have that beautiful sparkle to them you don't get with the GM factory black stripes.

I'm sure you wheels/car will look great with any of those choices you mentioned.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #19
Bmbl-B
THE TERROR CONTINUES
 
Drives: 95 imp ss 67 TT PS NOVA 07GMC
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Queens NY
Posts: 749
Some wheels dont like right until you lower the car and get a good stance :-)
Attached Images
  
__________________
THE TERROR CONTINUES SO CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!!!!!!!!
Bmbl-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:07 AM   #20
IPT

 
Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: AK
Posts: 818
so what's the due date? Looking forward to some pics of them!
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #21
SSmoothie

 
SSmoothie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 917
Any updates?
__________________
SSmoothie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #22
2SS45th


 
2SS45th's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Posts: 2,801
Have you seen these guys: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251637 they seem to work with the C5 guys on pricing. I'd give them a shout at least.
__________________
I Ain't About That Stock Life.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:04 AM   #23
PatrickfromMD
 
PatrickfromMD's Avatar
 
Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoothie View Post
Any updates?
Man so sorry I've been gone so long . Yes I have them , they are nice , just turned 100k miles on the car . I've had a couple of them straightened a couple times due to the potholes and such here in the DC area .
I jumped back on Camaro 5 since now I need new tires for a couple of them (yea , I've been gone a long time )
Patrick
__________________

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.