Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #183
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
Ok well I've finally given up on the scosche kit. The hvac control unit just went out randomly a while back and it took forever to get a new unit from customer support and then when I replaced it that one went out as well.

I checked my wiring and there's no exposed wires that would cause a short or anything so I dunno. I'm not wasting my time with it anymore so I'm cutting my losses and just bought the metra kit. At least I'll be able to unlock my doors farther than 7 feet again.
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #184
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
I feel your pain.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #185
insomniac2k2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM
I feel your pain too. While I won't be getting a metro kit, I will never buy another scosche accessory again. Their lack of service, care, and professionalism has sealed it for me.

They have a lot of nerve selling something that clearly does not work, and then just waiting the issue until it goes away....Don't eve. get me going about the "we don't have a ticketing system" bullshit either...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
insomniac2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #186
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
I'm amazed at the issues people have with the Scosche dash kit. I had mine installed @ one of the premier installers in VA about 9 months ago and have never had a problem with it. I asked them how many kits they have done and they said out of the 15-20 kits they have done ,none have returned for function issues! Weird
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #187
insomniac2k2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM
Yet some installers report nothing but issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPopa71 View Post
I'm amazed at the issues people have with the Scosche dash kit. I had mine installed @ one of the premier installers in VA about 9 months ago and have never had a problem with it. I asked them how many kits they have done and they said out of the 15-20 kits they have done ,none have returned for function issues! Weird

insomniac2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #188
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac2k2 View Post
Yet some installers report nothing but issues.

True! But I see more from do it yourself guys than anything. Without a doubt there are plenty of issues regardless but it seems these kits are not for amateur installers.
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #189
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
Has anyone heard if the mustang guys are having problems with their metra's too? Metra is making some really awesome looking adapters for the mustang with some great functions,, but are they having problems??

It makes me jealous they gave such a POS looking thing for the Camaro. especially since the Camaro should have been much eaiser to design an adapter for.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #190
Rizzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPopa71 View Post
True! But I see more from do it yourself guys than anything. Without a doubt there are plenty of issues regardless but it seems these kits are not for amateur installers.
In my case, it was done by a professional shop. I had them replace the first Scosche kit and the issues got better, but still didn't go away. The only way to resolve my issues is to totally disconnect the Scosche.

I think their earlier batches had issues. I am trying to get my device RMAed.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #191
Bangthumper

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS IOM on Black/IOM
I contacted Scosche tech support a couple of weeks ago and asked about the FOB distance problem and the guy said that there aware of the problem but can NOT reproduce it. So therefore there not real active on coming up with a solution.

We paid to much for this problem to be happening with them not actively addressing the problem.
Bangthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #192
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
A new problem I believe

Some times when I start the car the heat will go to the coldest level. If you press a icon for the vent or floor the icons will flash between the floor and the vents. So far after about 2 or 3 minutes it will start working ok.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #193
Bangthumper

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS IOM on Black/IOM
Did you try to unplug it and sit in the car with it turned off key out of ign. for at least 5 mins. Then plug back in and crank car and look at infotainment screen.

I installed new firmware for mine. Check your firmware and see if upto date.
Bangthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #194
Rizzo

I am so frustrated with these issues. I reverted back to the stock headunit and all is well again.

I am really surprised that there are not more aftermarket vendors working on the adapter kits. Maybe the GM wiring is too tough?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #195
Caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangthumper View Post
Did you try to unplug it and sit in the car with it turned off key out of ign. for at least 5 mins. Then plug back in and crank car and look at infotainment screen.

Mine been installed for about 9 months now but when I get back home the 10 june I"ll be installing all new wiring
Old 06-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #196
Caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangthumper View Post

Since I got back I called and the sent me the firmware update that did not help. Did the roll up windows remove key and unplug the 8 pin connecter and 24 pin connector. I set in the car for 12 min and plug the connectors back in. It still did the same thing. They said that they are going to send me another one if the fine some wrong with it. I am not counting on it because he said that was some thing new to them.