Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-05-2016, 02:27 PM   #1
FUEGO
BEASST

Drives: Murderd convertible
HIGH WING SPOILER ON VERT???

I know guys have changed the factory spoiler with aftermarket spoilers on convertibles - I'm asking if anybody has done the HIGH WING spoiler with pictures maybe? Does it hit the shark fin and do the holes line up? (2011 ss vert)

This is the one I want..

Old 09-05-2016, 03:20 PM   #2
TurboNarwhal

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Twin Turbo
Convertibles antennae is under the spoiler. You have to have a spoiler with provisions to fit it. either that or you have to relocate it. I have not seen anyone with a high wing on a vert for that reason.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:30 PM   #3
TurboNarwhal

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Twin Turbo
There will be holes that need either plugs or to be welded shut. Hard top guys have this same issue. The stock spoilers are attached with 5 holes, 3 will bi visible with the high wing.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:37 PM   #4
FUEGO
BEASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboNarwhal View Post
There will be holes that need either plugs or to be welded shut. Hard top guys have this same issue. The stock spoilers are attached with 5 holes, 3 will bi visible with the high wing.

Much appreciated brother! How much does welding the holes usually run a guy I can imagine it would need to be painted after the holes are filled? Hmm are the plugs an eye sore?

If anybody has this mod please post a pic so I can decide if itd worth the headache
Old 09-19-2016, 06:01 AM   #5
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
It's your car, it's ultimately your decision. With that being said, it going to be an expensive, pain in the a**. As stated, the antennae is inside the stock spoiler, so you'll have to figure out where to remount it. Next, getting the holes welded shut and repainted will be another issue in and of itself. I'd leave it be and mod something else. Your Camaro will thank you for not subjecting it to the vaunted "Grocery Cart" (high-wing spoiler mod).
Attached Images

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:11 AM   #6
Mike J

Drives: 2015 Topless Btch RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
It's your car, it's ultimately your decision. With that being said, it going to be an expensive, pain in the a**. As stated, the antennae is inside the stock spoiler, so you'll have to figure out where to remount it. Next, getting the holes welded shut and repainted will be another issue in and of itself. I'd leave it be and mod something else. Your Camaro will thank you for not subjecting it to the vaunted "Grocery Cart" (high-wing spoiler mod).
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:36 PM   #7
FUEGO
BEASST

Quote:

Yea some of us just like to be a little differnt I don't want to look like every other camaro in my town but you are right sounds like a headache but I wounder if id be the ONLY convertible with the high wing... waiting for somebody to prove me wrong.....
Old 09-23-2016, 06:39 AM   #8
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Another option ...
You could remove the current trunk lid with the attached spoiler and put that in storage.
Then, install a pristine condition used LS Trunk lid in your car color (without spoiler - no mounting holes from factory). And then drill holes only where needed to mount the new high wing spoiler.

If you want/need to revert back to factory look it would only take minutes to swap out the trunk lid.
Ron
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:24 AM   #9
FUEGO
BEASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
Another option ...
You could remove the current trunk lid with the attached spoiler and put that in storage.
Then, install a pristine condition used LS Trunk lid in your car color (without spoiler - no mounting holes from factory). And then drill holes only where needed to mount the new high wing spoiler.

If you want/need to revert back to factory look it would only take minutes to swap out the trunk lid.
Ron

That did cross my mind I tried to do a search but I haven't been able to find any trunk lids without a spoiler .... anybody know where I could find one??
Old 09-23-2016, 11:06 AM   #10
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
But high wings are much more versatile
Attached Images

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 01:16 AM   #11
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post
That did cross my mind I tried to do a search but I haven't been able to find any trunk lids without a spoiler .... anybody know where I could find one??
You're going to be looking long and hard. I think the spoiler became stock on all trims in 2012, which means your option is to find a 2011 LT vert, but it's going to have the AM/FM antenna attached to the top like so.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:22 AM   #12
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
No spoiler is ugly in my opinion.

Who cares what others think. The 3rd gens looked great with the high rise spoilers. My friend in high school had it on his vert and it looked stout! Too bad I can't find pictures of it anywhere.

I plan on putting a 14' Z28 spoiler on my ZL1.

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:17 PM   #13
FUEGO
BEASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
No spoiler is ugly in my opinion.

Who cares what others think. The 3rd gens looked great with the high rise spoilers. My friend in high school had it on his vert and it looked stout! Too bad I can't find pictures of it anywhere.

I plan on putting a 14' Z28 spoiler on my ZL1.

That would look nice man! Yea I dont really care what others say i think it will look pretty sweet with the top down ive seen an even bigger racing high wing on a hard top rally sport that was bagged abd boosted it makes tye camaro look like a super car i can only imagine with the wide body kit ...
Old 10-10-2016, 06:53 PM   #14
KROLIS

Drives: 2017 2LT/RS & 2013 2LT/RS vert
saw a 2017 vert that had a high rise spoiler, looked good
KROLIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mods, spoiler, trunk