Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #1513
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Time to start saving up!
I got my set from a member on here that sells them and they were in extremely good condition. I was honestly astounded by how good they looked. I was totally expecting the lights to at least show signs of them being used since they were used but they looked brand new. Might be one of the greatest mods I've done to the car. Especially when you see the difference in light output from the halogens to the HIDs.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #1514
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Time to start saving up!
I got my set from a member on here that sells them and they were in extremely good condition. I was honestly astounded by how good they looked. I was totally expecting the lights to at least show signs of them being used since they were used but they looked brand new. Might be one of the greatest mods I've done to the car. Especially when you see the difference in light output from the halogens to the HIDs.
Dang, you're not helping ease my wants. I might have to make that my next "big" mod.

Oh yeah, and I decided to go to the Texas Camaro Revolution. I'll see ya out there tomorrow!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #1515
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Dam was looking at some pfadt coilovers which are 34lbs lighter than the stock stuff but gd $2500????
Old 04-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #1516
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
Dang, you're not helping ease my wants. I might have to make that my next "big" mod.

Oh yeah, and I decided to go to the Texas Camaro Revolution. I'll see ya out there tomorrow!
You'll be amazed at the difference they make! I would definitely do it again if I had to start over! Can't wait to see you out there bud! You going to race your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Dam was looking at some pfadt coilovers which are 34lbs lighter than the stock stuff but gd $2500????
Is it 34lbs in total? Yea, the pfadt stuff is great but you'll pay for it. Have you looked into bc racing coilovers?

Old 04-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #1517
LoneStar

Quote:
You'll be amazed at the difference they make! I would definitely do it again if I had to start over! Can't wait to see you out there bud! You going to race your car?
I've been in other cars with the RS lights. Everything reflects brighter and clearer. Can you send me a PM of who you got them from?
Can't wait to see you too! No, I don't think I'm going to race. I'm waiting to see if the tune is ok before I go push the car hard. I'd really like to see how far I can go in bracket racing though, haha.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #1518
Lombardi

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Lol word me too, I have about 48,000 now.
Same here. I got around 44,000 hell I hate to say it but I even drove it this winter when there wasn't snow on the ground. To me it's a car and its meant to be driven. My bumper gets rashed? Oh well just repaint it. Or swap a ZL1 front end
Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #1519
LoneStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi View Post
Same here. I got around 44,000 hell I hate to say it but I even drove it this winter when there wasn't snow on the ground. To me it's a car and its meant to be driven. My bumper gets rashed? Oh well just repaint it. Or swap a ZL1 front end
ZL1 front end would look good on ABM!!! I rolled past 58,000 miles recently. Still going strong!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:22 AM   #1520
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
I LOVE my GFX kit, and I'm getting it painted next month
Looks nice, thanks.
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:58 AM   #1521
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Yea I plan on getting some Hotchkis 1 inch lowering springs and calling it a day. I never will be doing road racing/auto cross so I will never need the true performance of coil overs.

But on a side note the V6 guys that have dropped there's are you guys scraping that front a little more now? That's my biggest fear whenever I do drop it because there are a lot of step entrances (usually they are always on the other side of town but you never now where i might need to go) where I live so I wouldn't want to have a completely scraped front bumper. And how does it handle speed bumps? I never pull into parking spaces so that won't be an issue.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #1522
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Yea according to the pfadt website the front set is 20lbs lighter than the stock setup and the rears are 14lbs lighter.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #1523
lscamaro

Quote:
Yea according to the pfadt website the front set is 20lbs lighter than the stock setup and the rears are 14lbs lighter.
Wow, that's great. But they do come at a price. They're pretty much 1500 more than the BC Racing ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Yea I plan on getting some Hotchkis 1 inch lowering springs and calling it a day. I never will be doing road racing/auto cross so I will never need the true performance of coil overs.

But on a side note the V6 guys that have dropped there's are you guys scraping that front a little more now? That's my biggest fear whenever I do drop it because there are a lot of step entrances (usually they are always on the other side of town but you never now where i might need to go) where I live so I wouldn't want to have a completely scraped front bumper. And how does it handle speed bumps? I never pull into parking spaces so that won't be an issue.
If you keep the stock v6 fascia and don't have a lip, you'll be fine. You will pretty much learn to drive differently though. You'll be on the look out for things that could possibly scrape
But it really isn't a concern. My drop is 1.3 inches in the front and I almost never scrape my front fascia. It's the speed bumps that get me. I have to take them at an angle now. Same goes for really inclined driveways. I have the stock v6 fascia and at my drop, I'm litterally a few centimeters higher than the normal parking stumps so I'm not too afraid of those. I do try to be careful and back into spots when I can though. I'm pretty sure that with a v8 bumper I'd be scraping though

Old 04-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #1524
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Wow, that's great. But they do come at a price. They're pretty much 1500 more than the BC Racing ones
True, I wonder if the BC Racing ones are any lighter than stock?
Old 04-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #1525
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:

If you keep the stock v6 fascia and don't have a lip, you'll be fine. You will pretty much learn to drive differently though. You'll be on the look out for things that could possibly scrape
But it really isn't a concern. My drop is 1.3 inches in the front and I almost never scrape my front fascia. It's the speed bumps that get me. I have to take them at an angle now. Same goes for really inclined driveways. I have the stock v6 fascia and at my drop, I'm litterally a few centimeters higher than the normal parking stumps so I'm not too afraid of those. I do try to be careful and back into spots when I can though. I'm pretty sure that with a v8 bumper I'd be scraping though
Alright just wanted to get someone else's input. I know there's no way even with a 1 inch drop that my car would be lower than a corvette and I have driven one without an issue. My dad had one for a while and even when he drove he never had an issue unless the speed bumps where oddly shaped.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #1526
lscamaro

Quote:
True, I wonder if the BC Racing ones are any lighter than stock?
I know for a fact the bc racing ones are lighter than stock. How much lighter, I don't know. Mike from Whiteside said that they were almost on par with Pfadt but I'll do more searching and see if I can dig up some actual weight measurements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Alright just wanted to get someone else's input. I know there's no way even with a 1 inch drop that my car would be lower than a corvette and I have driven one without an issue. My dad had one for a while and even when he drove he never had an issue unless the speed bumps where oddly shaped.
Yea, no where near as bad as a corvette. If you can drive a corvette without problem, this will be a walk in the park for you. It's really not that bad. I absolutely love what the springs did for me in both the performance and aesthetics department.