Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-04-2018, 03:01 PM   #1
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
clean side oil catch can question

I am replacing the "clean" side oil catch can with a regular oil cap.

Would anyone happen to know what happens to the hole at the other end attached to the intake tube when I remove the plastic oil line? See the green circle in this picture....

https://imgur.com/i9OBBck

This is a used car so I'm not sure what parts were taken off.

Thanks!
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:38 PM   #2
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Valve cover line

If I remember correctly, the port on passenger valve cover attaches there. It is under the engine cover. Have to remove it and should be right above the oil fill tube there next to intake. It should plug into that fitting once you remove the separator.

Stole this off Google, but it shows how it should be, minus the CAI, but same concept.
Attached Images

Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:38 PM   #3
Level300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy87 View Post
If I remember correctly, the port on passenger valve cover attaches there. It is under the engine cover. Have to remove it and should be right above the oil fill tube there next to intake. It should plug into that fitting once you remove the separator.

Stole this off Google, but it shows how it should be, minus the CAI, but same concept.
Thank you so much!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2018, 11:53 AM   #4
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Good deal. Hope that got you squared away.
Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:01 PM   #5
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Hopefully previous owner left the original vent line in the car trunk or in the white rectangular cardboard box that use to contain the separator; that the factory throws in the trunk (separator is dealer or owner installed after delivery) .
If the original 1LE factory supplied separator was installed per instructions (shown below), a rubber sealed nipple cap "B"
should be in place on the fitting near oil filler neck ... follow the jagged line from part "B" and it shows location. One end of the original LS3 vent hose connects to that nipple when the separator is removed and the other end plugs onto the fitting in Figure "8" below located on the plastic air intake tube housing.
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.

Last edited by ron123; 07-07-2018 at 10:15 PM.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:07 PM   #6
Level300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy87 View Post
Good deal. Hope that got you squared away.

Yep thanks again.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:16 PM   #7
Level300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
Hopefully previous owner left the original vent line in the car trunk or in the white rectangular cardboard box that use to contain the separator; that the factory throws in the trunk (separator is dealer or owner installed after delivery) .
If the original 1LE factory supplied separator was installed per instructions (shown below), a rubber sealed nipple cap "B"
should be in place on the fitting near oil filler neck ... follow the jagged line from part "B" and it shows location. One end of the original LS3 vent hose connects to that nipple when the separator is removed and the other end plugs onto the fitting in Figure "8" below located on the plastic air intake tube housing.
There was a nipple cap. However my vent tube C in the diagram was 2 pieces connected by a small section of 5/16 rubber hose. Functionally, it looked and performed like in the diagram but it was modded that’s for sure. In the end, I got an oil cap, and a CAI so everything is good.

Thanks for your help.