Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 05-12-2018, 06:50 AM   #1
Jordie

Drives: 2016 ss manmission
Having issues with rpms when idling or driving.

I would’ve uploaded a video but it doesn’t allow me to do it from my phone so I’ll try to explain. I have a camaro 2016 ss manual.
My rpms bounces up and down when idling. It can goes from 0-Max or 0-3-4 and it varies. It does it sometimes randomly when I’m in park and doing nothing more.
Also when I’m driving on a certain gear it bounces up and down or when I start engaging from 1 to 5th gears as I’m shifting up the rpms go crazy and I feel like I’m not getting good throttle response because the rpms needle is not in the right rpms where when I shift I could get good response. Thx in advanced and sorry for my English, not first language.
Jordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:57 AM   #2
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

Drives: 2013 Cadillac ATS
I just want to help you clarify is it just the needle bouncing or is the actual car idling differently.. does the engine actually rev up and down or just the needle on the dash. Have you done anything to the car performance wise? Recent service? Mileage on vehicle?
It sounds like you have a bad sensor or a vacuum leak depending on the actual symptom.
If it is just the needle it may need a reprogram. Post the video to YouTube. Then post the link here.
Thandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:48 AM   #3
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
Check the harness behind the belt
There is a thread somewhere I read last year here, where 2wires were loose and not secured properly. One touched the belt...causing rpm issues
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:14 AM   #4
Jordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thandel View Post
I just want to help you clarify is it just the needle bouncing or is the actual car idling differently.. does the engine actually rev up and down or just the needle on the dash. Have you done anything to the car performance wise? Recent service? Mileage on vehicle?
It sounds like you have a bad sensor or a vacuum leak depending on the actual symptom.
If it is just the needle it may need a reprogram. Post the video to YouTube. Then post the link here.
https://youtu.be/KyPWI7TajuY
Is just the rpm needle, the engine stays the same but that’s only when I’m idling. Now when I’m shifting aggressively it bounces up and down, I feel like I don’t get good throttle response because of it. Again is not so often but it does do it.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:15 AM   #5
Jordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit.fr View Post
Check the harness behind the belt
There is a thread somewhere I read last year here, where 2wires were loose and not secured properly. One touched the belt...causing rpm issues
Do I need to remove parts for that?
Old 05-12-2018, 08:25 AM   #6
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordie View Post
https://youtu.be/KyPWI7TajuY
Is just the rpm needle, the engine stays the same but that’s only when I’m idling. Now when I’m shifting aggressively it bounces up and down, I feel like I don’t get good throttle response because of it. Again is not so often but it does do it.
Well the video shows your concern very well. That is very weird and certainly not right. I suggest you take that to the dealership for a warranty repair.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #7
Jordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thandel View Post
Oh I have 23k miles, done oil change every 3-4K miles, recently had slave cylinder change for my clutch, it failed. No mods, all stock. That’s all services I done to it.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:30 AM   #8
Jordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Well the video shows your concern very well. That is very weird and certainly not right. I suggest you take that to the dealership for a warranty repair.
But what could I say or claim, maybe when I get there it won’t do it in front of them, what kind of car problem could I claim. All I know is that the needle bounces up and down.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:04 AM   #9
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
But what could I say or claim, maybe when I get there it won’t do it in front of them, what kind of car problem could I claim. All I know is that the needle bounces up and down.
Show them the video.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #10
guitarman8373

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro fully loaded.
Warranty that shit son! If they **** it up, it's on them. If you accidently do .. well. Just my opinion. Good to diagnose the problem and isolate it but make them do the work of fixing it.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:17 PM   #11
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Took my car in for this exact issue. They had it for a week and said they couldn't reproduce it. Anyone have a tsb for this?
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:30 PM   #12
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
I would’ve uploaded a video but it doesn’t allow me to do it from my phone so I’ll try to explain. I have a camaro 2016 ss manual.
My rpms bounces up and down when idling. It can goes from 0-Max or 0-3-4 and it varies. It does it sometimes randomly when I’m in park and doing nothing more.
Also when I’m driving on a certain gear it bounces up and down or when I start engaging from 1 to 5th gears as I’m shifting up the rpms go crazy and I feel like I’m not getting good throttle response because the rpms needle is not in the right rpms where when I shift I could get good response. Thx in advanced and sorry for my English, not first language.
This thread discusses a similar situation. If you go to the dealer for service, some of this may be useful for you.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509006

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:54 PM   #13
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
This thread discusses a similar situation. If you go to the dealer for service, some of this may be useful for you.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509006

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:29 PM   #14
918Stealth2SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS hyper blue
I have a current chevy case going since April with this exact issue. They cant figure it out.

Tags
manual tranmission, rpm, throttle