Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #113
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
When going to the TVS blower over the Eaton they don't have to add boost to gain that 50-80hp.
TVS IS Eaton....They make the TVS (or Twin Vortices Series) line of rotors.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:26 PM   #114
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
even if the gt500 gets the tvs blower.... thats not stock to stock
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #115
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ty8 ls1 View Post
you're right viper, but orignially, the mustang was released to compete with the vette..

No, it was not.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #116
DIGthat2SS
I can dig that..

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/RS M6
Chevrolet is definatly going to make it faster.and ive had so many V6ers in there stangs say ill go get a gt500 and whoop your ass!
DIGthat2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #117
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGthat2SS View Post
Chevrolet is definatly going to make it faster.and ive had so many V6ers in there stangs say ill go get a gt500 and whoop your ass!
yea they have to go get one. but u dont u keep the same car.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:47 PM   #118
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
TVS IS Eaton....They make the TVS (or Twin Vortices Series) line of rotors.
I honestly did not know that. Anyways the blower that they will put on, from the superpack, is more efficient and has a bigger displacement. You gain a decent amount of power just putting it on over the M122H(the stock blower). And it is a direct replacement to the stock blower. As easy as it could get.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #119
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69
If Shelby America was a mfg., the car couldn't be a ford.
I never said it was a Ford, just like a Subaru isn't a Toyota, but Shelby American did receive major engineering assistance from Ford and Ford owned a stake in Shelby American....difficult to miss the Ford component in that. As for the body being an AC Bristol, feel free to discuss all of the major body components from a 427 Cobra that interchange with an AC Bristol. (I'll give you a hint, there aren't any)

The relationship to the AC cars that underpinned the 289 powered cars is unmistakable, but the 427 Cobra was designed by Ford and Shelby American from the outset to be a Shelby Cobra and Auto Carrier, who built the 427 chassis and body for Shelby American, later used that body and chassis to underpin their own AC distinct models after Shelby had finished his run of cars. You can debate Shelby history with me all you want, I assure you I'm more fluent in it.

The 289 Cobra was a re-engined and slightly tweaked AC-Bristol, the 427 was s Ford/Shelby designed roadster which had a body and frame produced by an outside vendor.....just like countless currently mass-produced cars.

Quote:
Under the rules at the time Shelby never built enough cars to qualify as a production car.
I would love to see you produce something indicating anything like what you insinuate. This old wive's tale has been spun a hundred times and there is not a spec of truth in it. A car was either produced and sold by a licensed automobile manufacturer, both criteria which Shelby American met by the way, or it wasn't. There existed no grand government standard for what was and what was not a production car based upon production numbers outside of qualifying for automobile racing...it just doesn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031
Nor did I ever say it was a production car.
The Shelby Cobra absolutely was a production car.

Quote:
.... Is the Panoz a ford?..... anyone?
Does Ford own a stake in Panoz or help design the cars? Major difference between Panoz and Shelby. And to be blunt, I think this just puts a bur under the Chevrolet-boys saddles because the Cobra absolutely friggin' beheaded the Vette even before the snake sprouted a big block.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:58 PM   #120
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
I never said it was a Ford, just like a Subaru isn't a Toyota, but Shelby American did receive major engineering assistance from Ford and Ford owned a stake in Shelby American....difficult to miss the Ford component in that. As for the body being an AC Bristol, feel free to discuss all of the major body components from a 427 Cobra that interchange with an AC Bristol. (I'll give you a hint, there aren't any)

The relationship to the AC cars that underpinned the 289 powered cars is unmistakable, but the 427 Cobra was designed by Ford and Shelby American from the outset to be a Shelby Cobra and Auto Carrier, who built the 427 chassis and body for Shelby American, later used that body and chassis to underpin their own AC distinct models after Shelby had finished his run of cars. You can debate Shelby history with me all you want, I assure you I'm more fluent in it.

The 289 Cobra was a re-engined and slightly tweaked AC-Bristol, the 427 was s Ford/Shelby designed roadster which had a body and frame produced by an outside vendor.....just like countless currently mass-produced cars.

I would love to see you produce something indicating anything like what you insinuate. This old wive's tale has been spun a hundred times and there is not a spec of truth in it. A car was either produced and sold by a licensed automobile manufacturer, both criteria which Shelby American met by the way, or it wasn't. There existed no grand government standard for what was and what was not a production car based upon production numbers outside of qualifying for automobile racing...it just doesn't exist.

The Shelby Cobra absolutely was a production car.

Does Ford own a stake in Panoz or help design the cars? Major difference between Panoz and Shelby. And to be blunt, I think this just puts a bur under the Chevrolet-boys saddles because the Cobra absolutely friggin' beheaded the Vette even before the snake sprouted a big block.
All great call my friend.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:23 AM   #121
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Yeah I know that a Corvette is a sports car and not a pony car like the Camaro & Mustang but it is still comparable because it is GM's poster car against Fords which is the Mustang. Also I know a Ford GT is more comparable but they were discontinued in 06 I believe and were only given a brief run and every video I have found on youtube that pitted a Vette against a new Ford GT the Vette won. I've been to the Corvette Museum multiple times so I know the history of the Vette closest competetor is the Viper but they quit making them this year. I wish GM made the Camaro lighter then there would be no debate about what car would win.
Blue Maro Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:31 AM   #122
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
I've got to say I'm surprised by how civilized this thread has remained... i've been coming to this site daily since... well right after it first started... and I've never seen such a mature Camaro vs Mustang thread. Hat tip to you all!

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #123
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Carroll Shelby filed suit against AC Cars and Brian A. Angliss, in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles. The ensuing settlement resulted in Shelby and AC Cars/Angliss releasing a joint press release whereby AC/Angliss acknowledged that Carroll Shelby was (and is) the manufacturer of record of all the 1960s AC Cobra automobiles in the United States and that Shelby himself is the sole person allowed to call his car a Cobra. Despite this there is no doubt that every Cobra made in the '60s was manufactured by AC Cars in England, shipped to Shelby for completion.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #124
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

i still dont see it being a full manufactured car. because if it was then its like putting a chevy 350 in a mustang fox body and calling it something else. the ac cobra was made basically for race purposes only and some were streetable replicas of the race cars.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #125
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Z28 > GT500
Because I said so.

DANGED STRAIGHT. Genius even.

I want the stock Z28 to beat the GT500 in every category.

Why? Because I love the Z28.

The Z28 is full of WIN.
The Z28 will always WIN in my book.

Why? Because I love it.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:10 PM   #126
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
ROFL. Hey, take a look at the discussion relating to that wiki article and see what you notice. I've been fixing the myriad errors in that article for some time now, and have been preparing to fix the biggest error, the reference to the car as an AC Cobra, for well over a year. The first half of the statement you quote was placed there by me, the second half is yet another minor 'revolt' against my efforts to turn this into something that resembles an accurate, historical account of the Shelby Cobra by those who are more concerned with their own opinion on the matter than actual fact. (it is far from the first attempt)

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_red_v6
i still dont see it being a full manufactured car. because if it was then its like putting a chevy 350 in a mustang fox body and calling it something else. the ac cobra was made basically for race purposes only and some were streetable replicas of the race cars.
I understand this point of view as it relates to the 289 Cobra, although I don't necessarily agree with it. Ultimately the car was basically a tweaked AC Ace 2.6 (the Bristol mentioned incorrectly by somebody elsewhere in this thread had a higher hood line) with a 289 under the hood. The 427 Cobra was designed from the outset by Shelby American and Ford to be a Shelby. The 427 shared no major components with the 289 model Cobra or any existing AC design utilizing a completely different suspension, chassis, and body. AC only produced cars for their own purposed on this chassis after Shelby concluded his run of vehicles and, in the case of the 427 cars, was nothing more than a contractor producing a chassis and body for Shelby American.

The legal manufacturer of record for both cars, according to Auto Carrier and Shelby American, was Shelby American.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote