Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-23-2009, 10:08 AM   #267
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
DCJ you're the man. Do you have pics of both of them together?

You need to stripe on and make it a little different. You thinking of doing that?
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #268
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
DCJ you're the man. Do you have pics of both of them together?

You need to stripe on and make it a little different. You thinking of doing that?

I need to get pics of both. I tried to get my wife to follow me yesterday down the road in her's but she opted just to ride with me. I will pull them both out and take pics today at the house. My neighbors probably have thought we flipped our lids with 2 SIM Camaors...lol or I am sure we are considered the rednecks in our subdivision now I am sure they don't realize there is a difference in them

Yeah I was thinking of putting stripes on mine but everytime I start getting serious about it, I go out and look at it and it just looks so sweet clean. I do need to break them up some how. I tried to get my wife to put stripes on her's and she Xed that pretty quickly lol
Old 08-23-2009, 10:35 AM   #269
SirBrad
The Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJ View Post
I need to get pics of both. I tried to get my wife to follow me yesterday down the road in her's but she opted just to ride with me. I will pull them both out and take pics today at the house. My neighbors probably have thought we flipped our lids with 2 SIM Camaors...lol I am sure they don't realize there is a difference in them

Yeah I was thinking of putting stripes on mine but everytime I start getting serious about it, I go out and look at it and it just looks so sweet clean. I do need to break them up some how. I tried to get my wife to put stripes on her's and she Xed that pretty quickly lol
I'm striping mine on Thursday. Check out the thread just below here...there is a striped SS that looks really nice. I think you should stripe the SS.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #270
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
I'm striping mine on Thursday. Check out the thread just below here...there is a striped SS that looks really nice. I think you should stripe the SS.
You decided to do it? I know you had been considering it. What color? Cyber Gray? Let me check that thread out. I know once I do it, I will be happy with it...I just gotta make myself follow through with it. Can't wait to see yours. For sure post some pics if you don't mind.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #271
talltom

Drives: Silver LS
Ordered mine a little different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirelaugh View Post
Don't listen to him dude. I've got SIM too, and I've been trying to think up a cool unique paint scheme that will work with SIM as the base. No luck yet, I'm not terribly creative or artistic myself. Major props to you for your paint scheme
I went with SIM LS, blk int, blk stock wheels and white strip...haven't seen any pics of this scheme, but will post (if late Sept ever gets here).
talltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #272
SirBrad
The Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJ View Post
You decided to do it? I know you had been considering it. What color? Cyber Gray? Let me check that thread out. I know once I do it, I will be happy with it...I just gotta make myself follow through with it. Can't wait to see yours. For sure post some pics if you don't mind.
I traded my car cover to guy on this sire for the mat black rally's. I know a lot of people criticize not only the vinyl stripes, but the mat stripes as well. I think the worst that can happen is I get tired of it in a year and pay someone to take them off. From the pics I've seen here, I think they still look pretty sweet. I'll definitely post pictures.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #273
SirBrad
The Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyt100 View Post
I love mine.

I think they look great and I'm excited to get mine on this week!
Old 08-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #274
EKG

Drives: Right now....a Honda CR-V
Yeah, SirBrad, when I went to the dealer they had a SS SIM Camaro w/ black rally's...and I thought it looked AMAZING. You will be happy with it.
EKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #275
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
I love the stripes but they need to go down to the mail slot and be painted on for me.I just deside on CGM or Black ones????
Old 08-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #276
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
SIM with black stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyt100 View Post
I love mine.

Love mine too! I've got the mat black stripes. Plus is they don't reflect any glare when driving into the sun. Researching window tint right now, legal vs. darker.

Glad to see someone else who didn't go for the $1,200 headlights.
Attached Images

SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:03 AM   #277
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Ordered SIM on 8/11. Realistically, what time frame am I looking at this thing being delivered? Would have ordered sooner, but have a wife that likes to pay most in cash. Can't blame her for that. At least I got to order my toy. Also, did not order stripes of any kind. Are they stickers? What does a cowl stripe and trunk stripe run (RS Stripes) with real paint run? Just a ballpark guys, want to know what I'm looking at. I know the toy catalogs will be full of goodies, but don't want a sticker, 3M taped up car rolling down the road. Thanks
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #278
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Ordered SIM on 8/11. Realistically, what time frame am I looking at this thing being delivered? Would have ordered sooner, but have a wife that likes to pay most in cash. Can't blame her for that. At least I got to order my toy. Also, did not order stripes of any kind. Are they stickers? What does a cowl stripe and trunk stripe run (RS Stripes) with real paint run? Just a ballpark guys, want to know what I'm looking at. I know the toy catalogs will be full of goodies, but don't want a sticker, 3M taped up car rolling down the road. Thanks
If your dealer had an allocation, 6-8 weeks. The rest???
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #279
SirBrad
The Captain

I'd just like to point out that the SIM is such a hit color, and I am so glad I ended up with this color as it was my second choice.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #280
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
More SIM pics

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg307/patriotpa/
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
silver camaro, silver ice metallic, silver ice metallic camaro, sim camaro