Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #1
Xii239

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Black Camaro
Just installed Trex billet grille on my 2014!

So this was a bitch to install. The direction were super blurry and unclear so if anyone has any questions let me know. The hardest part was trying to get off the damn bowtie on the front. Then the lower grille was quite difficult too, with the little twisties. But its all done!
Before:

After:

Aw yeah
Xii239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
wolverine66

Drives: 2014 1LE
well i for one think it looks f awesome!! a great car deserves a billet aluminum grille not a piece of plastic

i zipsawed my bowtie off

now just have to get it and install it. trex website is a bit hard to figure out - looks like you have to order top (21031B) and bottom (25032B) separate? where did you get yours?

they don't come with the silly "T-REX" badge on do they, and force you take it off? i might put my SS sticker back on though, same place it was on the factory grille

also, can you tell me a bit more about the "twisties" bcz i tend to get pissed off and bust stuff too easy, lol

thanks bud
wolverine66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #3
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Man it really does change how the whole front end looks.
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:17 AM   #4
Xii239

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine66 View Post
well i for one think it looks f awesome!! a great car deserves a billet aluminum grille not a piece of plastic

i zipsawed my bowtie off

now just have to get it and install it. trex website is a bit hard to figure out - looks like you have to order top (21031B) and bottom (25032B) separate? where did you get yours?

they don't come with the silly "T-REX" badge on do they, and force you take it off? i might put my SS sticker back on though, same place it was on the factory grille

also, can you tell me a bit more about the "twisties" bcz i tend to get pissed off and bust stuff too easy, lol

thanks bud
Hey! I ordered both the top and bottom from carid.com, you could choose it as a set. I emailed them and asked them about the T-Rex badge and no, it doesnt come with it. The badge is just on there for show on the website.

The 'twisties' are called toggle bolts (just google it, they will pop up). You use these toggle bolts to attach the lower grille. The upper grille requires you to take off the radiator cover (just required a little bit of force), stick your hand in with a little flat peice, and from the front, screw a bolt through the grille to the flat piece. The installation was fast, and the instrutions were pretty easy. With the toggle bolts, I did have someone help me, the held two screwdrivers around the toggle bolt while I screwed them open. If you didn't have someone holding it, it would just spin around as you screwed the bolt in. Relativly easy install.

Thope that helps!