Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 08-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Ignighter78

Drives: Summit White 1LE 2SS
1LE compatable Cold air intake

Im looking for a Cold air intake to put on my 1LE. It seems like unless I buy roto-fab then I have to spend more to relocate my windshield washer reservoir. Any help???

Last edited by Ignighter78; 08-25-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Ignighter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

Drives: 13 IOM ZL1 M6 & 10 SIM 2SS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-Silver 2SS
you shouldn't have to relocate unless you get a cai with a lid. the wwr will just stay inside the box area.
2013 IOM ZL1 #002415 Born 09/13/12
2010 SIM 2SS/RS #005549 Born 05/02/09
DJ-Silver 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The only intake systems that require a washer tank relocation is Injen and Fastlane Pipeline. With all other systems the stock washer tank remains in place. The only reason it has to go is if you also add a scoop to direct more airflow into the air box. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Silver 2SS View Post
you shouldn't have to relocate unless you get a cai with a lid. the wwr will just stay inside the box area.
Even then the stock washer tank stays in place. You just remove the air box lid to access it.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

Drives: 13 IOM ZL1 M6 & 10 SIM 2SS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-Silver 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
The only intake systems that require a washer tank relocation is Injen and Fastlane Pipeline. With all other systems the stock washer tank remains in place. The only reason it has to go is if you also add a scoop to direct more airflow into the air box. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up.

Even then the stock washer tank stays in place. You just remove the air box lid to access it.
I am tracking and I wanted to make sure they were tracking. I know some get aggravated having to take the lid off.... that's all. thanks.
2013 IOM ZL1 #002415 Born 09/13/12
2010 SIM 2SS/RS #005549 Born 05/02/09
DJ-Silver 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Hey man, I put a K&N CAI on mine and did not have to relocate my windshield washer reservoir. I'm not far from you at all.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
Ignighter78

Drives: Summit White 1LE 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post

Oh okay I didn't know that thanks for the clarification. I was looking to get a cold air inductions kit.... From what I've read they are really good and compatible with the oil separator that comes on the 1LE. I just didn't want to be forced to pay for the relocation kit it's over priced.
Ignighter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:18 AM   #7
Cooley

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignighter78 View Post
Oh okay I didn't know that thanks for the clarification. I was looking to get a cold air inductions kit.... From what I've read they are really good and compatible with the oil separator that comes on the 1LE. I just didn't want to be forced to pay for the relocation kit it's over priced.
I bought a Cold Air Inductions kit from Chase at Apex. The kit takes about 20 to 30 minutes at most to put in, doesn't require any movement of the washer tank, no tune is needed, and it looks like a professional installation. Also, it is compatible with the oil separator.

Tags
1le camaro, 1le oil separator, cai intake, intake camaro ss