Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 07-10-2018, 05:32 PM   #1
626CammedSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Leaking oil Pan

I have done my oil pan gasket twice already I never had a problem with the gasket leaking until I had to drop the pan when I replaced my pump and a few other stuff when I broke a lifter , anyways I had everything back together first time I used a MAHLE gasket torqued everything to specs and using the correct sequence started leaking right away I thought it was a bad gasket so I bought an OEM one dropped the subframe again and it still leaks, I’m sure it is not the rear main seal because it is coming from the front middle and back rear bolts i checked the torque converter and no oil splashed on it just to make sure it wasn’t the rear main, could it be a warped oil pan or excess crankcase pressure causing the pan to leak but I never had any issues with a leaking pan until I dropped the pan I made sure everything was clean before installed. could cleaning the pan in the sun cause it to warp, I did install the gasket dry as recommended or should I use a sealer as well I really don’t want to drop it a 4th time
Attached Images

102mm BBK TB
Stage 4 TSP F-35 Cam
Circle D 3200 Stall
TruCool 40k trans cooler
ARS Tuned
626CammedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:35 PM   #2
paul3078

Drives: 2024 Nitro Yellow 1SS 1LE
Curious as well, Thought it was my rear main seal or flex plate bolts being installed without sealer. Installed new rear main seal (complete with rear cover) and new flex plate bolts with sealer, still have oil coming from bell housing area.
paul3078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:02 PM   #3
Mike2ss
Airborne Pathfinder

Drives: Camaro ZL575
just noticed a leak on my car also, got the oil changed and the people let me go below and look, looks like the hole oil pan was leaking, never took the pan off or anything.

any ideas?
Old 10-05-2018, 12:23 PM   #4
jacksaigon

Drives: Black Camaro
Sub'ed
jacksaigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:53 PM   #5
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Obviously you didn’t install something correctly, or there’s a defective part...that’s the only explanation. Your procedure was absolutely correct (if in fact your sequence and torque was balls on accurate and the mounting surface was practically sterile.

That leaves some sort of issue between the beginning and end of your install.

“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?”

Two choices. All new parts including pan.

Or take it to the dealer and make it their problem to make right with warranty.

Name:  99812145-0D29-4AFF-A744-DC75FFCF64FB.jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  172.5 KB

Name:  0C4F2FB4-CBDB-4FFF-853F-7794D0231DFF.jpg
Views: 5187
Size:  121.5 KB
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 02:08 AM   #6
jacksaigon

Drives: Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 626CammedSS View Post
I have done my oil pan gasket twice already I never had a problem with the gasket leaking until I had to drop the pan when I replaced my pump and a few other stuff when I broke a lifter , anyways I had everything back together first time I used a MAHLE gasket torqued everything to specs and using the correct sequence started leaking right away I thought it was a bad gasket so I bought an OEM one dropped the subframe again and it still leaks, I’m sure it is not the rear main seal because it is coming from the front middle and back rear bolts i checked the torque converter and no oil splashed on it just to make sure it wasn’t the rear main, could it be a warped oil pan or excess crankcase pressure causing the pan to leak but I never had any issues with a leaking pan until I dropped the pan I made sure everything was clean before installed. could cleaning the pan in the sun cause it to warp, I did install the gasket dry as recommended or should I use a sealer as well I really don’t want to drop it a 4th time
Did you ever have the leak fixed? What did you find if you don't mind sharing.
jacksaigon is offline   Reply With Quote