Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 05-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #15
BigBlue2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM A6
Really great to meet all of you. Great pics Jim! I agree, we should try to make this a regular thing at the same spot. Maybe monthly....?
Old 05-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #16
Silver_Surfer

Drives: 2011 SIM 2LT/RS
That was a good time. I will have to blackout my EZ pass before the next meet. Great pics Jim but next time we need a better background then the DMV. We can get the Coors light girls on race weekend if that is ok with your boss
Old 05-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #17
blacksanta
Black Santa

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Great pics!!
blacksanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #18
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Glad to have met all of you guys. Yeah maybe we can make this a regular thing as our schedule allow. Had a great time. Very good pics jim. Everyone has worked hard to get their rides lookins nice..
Old 05-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #19
Trailbreaker77

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition
That's over an hour drive for me but I really like to get to one of these and meet everyone.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #20
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
If you can set a date for a Saturday afternoon, maybe in July or late August, can work on getting some other groups from mid-atlantic crew from VA & Maryland to drive up. Check & see if Dover has any dates for Laps for Charity. Know you would get a great turn out. Great pics by the way. Thanks for sharing.

CRUZN-SS VIA tapatalk
Old 05-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #21
LWM

Drives: #54 ZL 550 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS,GIF
Great idea Mark. We will probably need a warm up for our big haul to CFest iii!
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #22
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 880 View Post
It was really nice meeting all of you and your sweet cars!!

Looking forward to the next one.
Yes Sir, and I have to admit....your Cobra turned my head when you were getting ready to leave... sweeet soundin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
That meetup needs more yellow! LOL
Yep, it would be nice to see you make it over.....I know its a long ride!! My next door neighbor was going to try to bring his '10 RY, but he is down riding his Harley on the "Devil's Tail"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB911 View Post
Great time and really a perfect meeting place...certainly will never run out of room for the cars and great burgers to boot!. Might have to make this a regular thing!
You bet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB911 View Post
But the BIG question...is there enough room for a couple guests?? LOL
MMMMM.... never hurts to ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue2010 View Post
Really great to meet all of you. Great pics Jim! I agree, we should try to make this a regular thing at the same spot. Maybe monthly....?
Sounds good to me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer View Post
That was a good time. I will have to blackout my EZ pass before the next meet. Great pics Jim but next time we need a better background then the DMV. We can get the Coors light girls on race weekend if that is ok with your boss

YESSSSS!!!! I'm sure she will only yell at me for a little while ha ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksanta View Post
Great pics!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznSS View Post
If you can set a date for a Saturday afternoon, maybe in July or late August, can work on getting some other groups from mid-atlantic crew from VA & Maryland to drive up. Check & see if Dover has any dates for Laps for Charity. Know you would get a great turn out. Great pics by the way. Thanks for sharing.

CRUZN-SS VIA tapatalk
That would be awesome!!! I was hoping to see a few C5 from the Eastern Shore MD sneak over...but it was really short notice.
I can ask about Dover Downs....but I think they shut down anyone bringing cars on the track...if thats what you were thinking.
A Mustang got out on there a few years ago and wrapped his car into the end of pit road....it wasn't pretty. Last I heard about that incident was that his insurance company was not going to cover his car because it was on the track...just something to think about. Plus, we found out that street tires only last about 2 laps on the track before it chews up the outer edge and blows out the sidewall. (Years ago...someone took one of the patrol cars out there and found that out even with pursuit tires on it)
SEE POST #45 for updated Dover Downs Info

Last edited by SILVERHAWK; 05-08-2012 at 07:08 AM.
SILVERHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #23
Trailbreaker77

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
That would be awesome!!! I was hoping to see a few C5 from the Eastern Shore MD sneak over...but it was really short notice.
I can ask about Dover Downs....but I think they shut down anyone bringing cars on the track...if thats what you were thinking.
A Mustang got out on there a few years ago and wrapped his car into the end of pit road....it wasn't pretty. Plus, we found out that street tires only last about 2 laps on the track before it chews up the outer edge and blows out the sidewall. (Years ago...someone took one of the patrol cars out there and found that out even with pursuit tires on it)
Yea, that concrete will chew up and spit your tires out in no time flat.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #24
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
yes! this was a GREAT meet! it was nice to meet everyone! ill be uploading more pictures that Pam took when she gets the chance to send it to me!

i know i kinda talked about this when we were out there.. what do you guys think if we started a facebook page for Dover Camaro. we would be able to creat events and send it to everyone so no one is missing out!
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #25
ScottyB911

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
I think it would be great to have a DE facebook page. Nice to have something a bit more "real time" communication wise.

Scotty B
ScottyB911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #26
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
My wife will have to get them then.....cause I won't be getting a facebook account anytime soon.....might as well say...You have a better chance of seeing God. LOL

We might as well make a check-in thread here too..... How about... The Official 1st State C5 Thread ? and then see if we can get it Stickied up top of the Mid Atlantic forum
Old 05-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #27
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

yeah i think it would be a great way for everyone in DE to communicate and maybe set up for bigger events!
Old 05-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #28
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

http://www.facebook.com/groups/32486...4868300917167/

well guys i went ahead and created one here! now all we need is to start adding people to it!