Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-23-2018, 04:23 PM   #1
RoundAbout

Drives: 2010 Cammaro SS 2SS 6 Speed
Dash pad

Hello I have a 2010 Camaro SS 2SS with a six speed. I had my instrument Custer replaced under warranty and now my dash pad is cracked open along my passenger air bag opening. The crack it close and opens up and raises up almost a 1/2 inch above my dash pad above my passenger air bag opening. I took my car in to have it checked out. The GMPP warranty said they will not covered under warranty. I would have to paid to have it replaced. How many of you all have cracked dash pads and what was the fix. My concern is that my passenger air bag would go off on its own and setting off the rest of my car air bags. Plus being cracked open now dirt and anything else can coming in contact with the air bag. I have seen one car on the side of the road with all the air bags deployed and the car was NOT in an accident at all.
RoundAbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:01 PM   #2
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundAbout View Post
Hello I have a 2010 Camaro SS 2SS with a six speed. I had my instrument Custer replaced under warranty and now my dash pad is cracked open along my passenger air bag opening. The crack it close and opens up and raises up almost a 1/2 inch above my dash pad above my passenger air bag opening. I took my car in to have it checked out. The GMPP warranty said they will not covered under warranty. I would have to paid to have it replaced. How many of you all have cracked dash pads and what was the fix. My concern is that my passenger air bag would go off on its own and setting off the rest of my car air bags. Plus being cracked open now dirt and anything else can coming in contact with the air bag. I have seen one car on the side of the road with all the air bags deployed and the car was NOT in an accident at all.

Did the crack occur during your visit to the Dealership service department when they installed the new cluster? If so, they should be replacing it at no cost. I had my dash replaced 3-4 times at a dealership when replacing the HUD on my former 2011 2LT RS. All because of some sloppy, not caring technicians. I then since took my business elsewhere.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:54 PM   #3
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Unfortunately common problem with early models.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190258
Mine has a hair line crack same spot. Looks more like a scratch until closer inspection.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:30 PM   #4
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
If they won't buy you a new dash then the only other thing is a dash cover. I bought one for mine when I had my Camaro and it cracked in the same place and the car was only three years old when I had it.