Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #99
DetailersDomain

Drives: Audi S4
[QUOTE=Supercharged SS;3621189]Phil,
I have two quick questions for you:

1. What do you suggest for removing light to moderate scratches on a black vehicle? Something that I can apply by hand would be the best. And then what wax to follow up with. The truck spends most of it's time outside.

Sure thing, by hand that will be a tough one I guess I would suggest Menzerna Power Finish that's a good polish.

I would suggest though to use a PC or the like it would do a much better job and probably save you a ton of time.

2.What can I use to get the white wax haze off my trim. This is on my Black Silverado that my dad went a little crazy with the orbital on!!! I saw a cleaning product on the site, I think pre-wow or something like that but with that do I have to follow up each wash with a trim coating?

What type of trim is it can you get a photo...

You may want to use a soft brush and some Adam's APC then follow with Pre Wow.

Let me know if that helps.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #100
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Yes,that def helps. The scratches are in isolated areas so doing it by hand shouldn't be to bad. I was thinking about that meguiars compound on your site. Bad choice? I'll get some pics if it ever stops raining. I'm referring to the plastic bed caps, mirrors, the plastic loovers? on the hood. It looked like the pre-wow was what I needed.

Thank you very much.

[QUOTE=DetailersDomain;3621349]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Phil,

1. What do you suggest for removing light to moderate scratches on a black vehicle? Something that I can apply by hand would be the best. And then what wax to follow up with. The truck spends most of it's time outside.

Sure thing, by hand that will be a tough one I guess I would suggest Menzerna Power Finish that's a good polish.

I would suggest though to use a PC or the like it would do a much better job and probably save you a ton of time.

2.What can I use to get the white wax haze off my trim. This is on my Black Silverado that my dad went a little crazy with the orbital on!!! I saw a cleaning product on the site, I think pre-wow or something like that but with that do I have to follow up each wash with a trim coating?

Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:28 PM   #101
DetailersDomain

sure thing.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #102
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=DetailersDomain;3621349]
Quote:
Phil,

Phil, Thanks again for the advice and the products. Next time I'll try and remember the discount code. Anyway, the Prewow seemed to work pretty good. It got most of the white haze off. Should I try it again before the next wash and just keep going about it like that until its all gone? Also, on the Menzerna product....I'm in the process of apply it now with an orbital. I just want to be clear on the next step. Am I to buff if off then apply a wax/sealer? Thanks for your time and patience with me.

Jamie
Old 08-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #103
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Phil, no love??? What can I use to that's a little more aggresive on the scratches? I have some stubborn ones! How about this:http://www.detailersdomain.com/Menze...ound_p_61.html

The truck in question is black.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #104
DetailersDomain

yes that will work but follow it with a super intensive and super finish.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #105
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
yes that will work but follow it with a super intensive and super finish.

Do you have some better suggestions?
Old 08-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #106
DetailersDomain

what else did you have in mind, maybe you can share a photo of the areas you need work on.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:56 PM   #107
BBD

Drives: 87 IROC, 93 Z28, Lil Buzz 2012 T3
K I'm going out a limb here because this question may be stupid for some but I've never waxed any of my cars before and would like to start with my new, if it ever shows up, 2012 T3. My concern and I have not seen an answer yet previously, how do I wax around the stripes or clay. I've read before that they need to be taped as to not get any wax on them but I'm afraid of taping them. Also what about sealants, can they be put on? Please help the anxiety of what to do is killing me even before the car gets here.
BBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:58 AM   #108
DetailersDomain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD View Post
K I'm going out a limb here because this question may be stupid for some but I've never waxed any of my cars before and would like to start with my new, if it ever shows up, 2012 T3. My concern and I have not seen an answer yet previously, how do I wax around the stripes or clay. I've read before that they need to be taped as to not get any wax on them but I'm afraid of taping them. Also what about sealants, can they be put on? Please help the anxiety of what to do is killing me even before the car gets here.
I believe the stripes are not painted on these they are vinyl.

If they are I would consider using a liquid type product, spray on a mf towel , wipe, and buff off.

don't let anything sit on it and use something clear as it won't stain.

These would be what i would consider.

1Z einszett Spray Wax

Optimum Opti Seal

As for taping while polishing that would be a good idea.

You can use 3m masking tape developed for automotive paints
Old 09-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #109
BBD

Drives: 87 IROC, 93 Z28, Lil Buzz 2012 T3
Thanks, the stripes are suppose to be carbon fiber on the T3. I don't know if that makes a difference. just really concerned about possibly any residue on the edge of the stripes as well as being able to see the difference between where the wax ends and the spray starts. Last thing you want is a car like this then not having the knowledge to care for and looking like a dumb a**.
BBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #110
THATS NO M00N
it's a space station!

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
Got a chip repair question. I've managed to fill in a chip to the primer that was .25 inches by about .75 inches. My problem is that when I sand it down even I alway manage to sand some of the original paint down to the primer so it is discolored. Any tips on how to prevent that?
Old 12-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #111
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Hey Phil,
What's the best product I can use for cleaning and polishing my Bogarts. The car went right to the shop for almost a month after a weekend of drag racing without being cleaned so the rims have some caked on brake dust. I'm afraid that it may start pitting.

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #112
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Quote:
Hey Phil,
What's the best product I can use for cleaning and polishing my Bogarts. The car went right to the shop for almost a month after a weekend of drag racing without being cleaned so the rims have some caked on brake dust. I'm afraid that it may start pitting.

Thanks!
Sonax Full Effect or P21s wheel gel will treat you right. Just spray it on, let it set, aggitate it with a Swissvax wheel brush. Then spray them off. They are safe on any wheels.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote