Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #141
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
I can't believe some of you are missing it.

A vendor should not charge, offer to sell, or claim to have it stock ready-to-ship items he does not actually have and not know for sure if/when the item will be made available by the manufacturer. Reputation is not worth $1,800 in my opinion.
I completely understand it. HE bought a package deal and only got part of the package. Then the seller tries to refund him for part of the package. When his original purchase was everything. Since he didnt get everything like promised he wants to return the part of the package he received and get his money back. I think thats fair enough but obviously some people would rather make excuses then do the right thing.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #142
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
I can't believe some of you are missing it.

A vendor should not charge, offer to sell, or claim to have it stock ready-to-ship items he does not actually have and not know for sure if/when the item will be made available by the manufacturer. Reputation is not worth $1,800 in my opinion.
I get it.I made this post back on page four. I was amazing that it didn't seem like anybody got then.
I don't think ACS's post helped Gary at all. As an outsider looking in and as someone in the service and sales business, I can't see why someone would take money for a product that isn't even out of the design phase yet. It looks to me from reading the entire thread that Gary had to of know that the splitter wasn't even close to being ready unless someone at ACS was feeding a line. The break down looks like it was between ACS and Gary not the OP. The OP is just the guy stuck in the middle with a half completed front end. I don't know how one would even know what to charge for a part that isn't even done being designed yet.

A mark of a good business isn't how they handle things when everything is going well. It's how they handle things when they're not
Old 12-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #143
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I get it.I made this post back on page four. I was amazing that it didn't seem like anybody got then.
I don't think ACS's post helped Gary at all. As an outsider looking in and as someone in the service and sales business, I can't see why someone would take money for a product that isn't even out of the design phase yet. It looks to me from reading the entire thread that Gary had to of know that the splitter wasn't even close to being ready unless someone at ACS was feeding a line. The break down looks like it was between ACS and Gary not the OP. The OP is just the guy stuck in the middle with a half completed front end. I don't know how one would even know what to charge for a part that isn't even done being designed yet.

A mark of a good business isn't how they handle things when everything is going well. It's how they handle things when they're not
i am stunned that this issue wasn't resolved to the buyers favor on page 1.

I said it before.....Gary could have refunded in full.....paid freight for the fascia back to himself and at some point resold it for break even......as it stands.....one of his biggest advertising venues has been irreparably damaged......

.....just wow......
Old 12-14-2010, 09:21 PM   #144
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Ok, I really think its time to lock this one...
With no product and no resolution? Gary isn't even disputing that this has happened. He admits it but he's take is tough luck...not his problem.

I hope it doesnt happen to you!

I have been waiting for 2 and a half months now. Would you suggest i just wait until I no longer have the car? I think this should be locked after a resolution has been reached.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:30 PM   #145
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
And for the record. This would have NEVER been posted if Gary had read my PM's and followed up. Again had he told me it was not available or even a small back log i would have ordered the T3 bumper and splitter and called it a day.

Its not my fault yet I am the one that's out $$$$.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #146
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykb47l View Post
And for the record. This would have NEVER been posted if Gary had read my PM's and followed up. Again had he told me it was not available or even a small back log i would have ordered the T3 bumper and splitter and called it a day.

Its not my fault yet I am the one that's out $$$$.
You do understand that from the post ACS made the splitter was still in and is currently still in the design phase. You should have never been offered the splitter for purchase in the first place. I would fight this to the death if I were you. It just isn't right.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #147
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Ok, I really think its time to lock this one...
If it were your money and car would you still want to lock it? Maybe you could refund the poor guys money so everyone would be happy and then you could lock it.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
Old 12-14-2010, 11:28 PM   #148
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyroar View Post
If it were your money and car would you still want to lock it? Maybe you could refund the poor guys money so everyone would be happy and then you could lock it.

Exactly why I think it should be locked...People attacking each other for reasons that have NOTHING to do with the topic...

Thanks for adding more credibility to my request.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:34 AM   #149
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Take it to small claims court. I wouldnt stand for it, not one bit.

Sorry for your loss and bad experience. For that much money, i would make a trip to wherever, pay for the gas and lodging, in order to get atleast some of it back. Unbelievable. Karma's a B..
Old 12-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #150
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
Take it to small claims court. I wouldnt stand for it, not one bit.

Sorry for your loss and bad experience. For that much money, i would make a trip to wherever, pay for the gas and lodging, in order to get atleast some of it back. Unbelievable. Karma's a B..
+1000

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback

Closed Thread