Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-13-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
2010Night_Train

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Feel MISS IN ENGINE at cruising speed along with JUMPING/LURCHING when giving it gas.

HELP!!!! I have been having performance issues with my 2010 SS since day one and dealer advises they cannot duplicate issues, as I describe them, and diagnostics machine not showing problems.

I describe the issue as a miss felt occasionally at any cruising speed, but more noticable at around 70 mph. In addition, I had the clank sound when the car shifted into second, usually noticed mostly when moving at a very slow pace before the shift. But I see that this is not a strange occurrence from previous posts, I just did not see the fix to the issue anywhere.

Furthermore, and something I just determined was a serious issue after last night, the car started jumping/lurching (for lack of a better description) when I gave it the gas to increase speed suddenly from approximately 10 mph to 25 mph. I would describe it as giving it gas, letting off, giving it gas, letting off repeatedly and quickly. It was jerking soooo bad, after about 3 jumps, I briefly let off of the gas for a second and then gassed it again for it to repeat the same thing again. I finally totally let off the gas and coasted a minute before applying the gas slow and steady to get it to proceed "normally". I had noticed this "jumping/lurching" a couple times before when I would pull quickly out into traffic from a stop, but played it off as me not being familiar with this kind of engine/car as it only lurched forward once before I would let off the gas and then apply it more slowly to proceed. I thought it was odd but my suspicions were only confirmed last night after that crazy incident.

Any help or suggestions, with any of my issues, would be greatly appreciated. My car has 1100 miles on it and is not ragged. I also make sure to only run it on premium fuel. HELP!!!!
2010Night_Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #2
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Aqua Blue LS3 Gauge PKG
Hmmmmmm, nothing here comes to mind. Sounds interesting as to what it could be. Hope you find the problem and get it solved.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
hubcap

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS
Is it an auto? Mine is and my car jumps alittle because of the AFM. Been thinking about a tune to get rid of it.
hubcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:06 PM   #4
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
sounds like the cold run on the ls3,if its only when cold when you feel the jerking its normal,same goes for the feeling of a miss,i cant speak to the L99
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
2010Night_Train

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
@Hubcap - Yes it's an auto. Thanks for the responses everyone, as any and all ideas are appreciated greatly because I have no idea whats going on.
2010Night_Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:43 AM   #6
OBERKORN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS w/RS Pkg. Color:ISM
I have the EXACT same problem with my Camaro. It's very annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Night_Train View Post
Furthermore, and something I just determined was a serious issue after last night, the car started jumping/lurching (for lack of a better description) when I gave it the gas to increase speed suddenly from approximately 10 mph to 25 mph. I would describe it as giving it gas, letting off, giving it gas, letting off repeatedly and quickly. It was jerking soooo bad, after about 3 jumps, I briefly let off of the gas for a second and then gassed it again for it to repeat the same thing again. I finally totally let off the gas and coasted a minute before applying the gas slow and steady to get it to proceed "normally". I had noticed this "jumping/lurching" a couple times before when I would pull quickly out into traffic from a stop, but played it off as me not being familiar with this kind of engine/car as it only lurched forward once before I would let off the gas and then apply it more slowly to proceed. I thought it was odd but my suspicions were only confirmed last night after that crazy incident.

Any help or suggestions, with any of my issues, would be greatly appreciated. My car has 1100 miles on it and is not ragged. I also make sure to only run it on premium fuel. HELP!!!!
OBERKORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:25 AM   #7
bash535i

Drives: 2011 SS RS
Has anyone found a solution to this?
I also have a 2011 SS with Auto. Most any cruise speed, especially in the 60 mph on up, it constantly feels like it is losing power, then back on again. Very annoying for a new car.
bash535i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #8
94impss

Drives: 94 Impala SS / 2011 2SS/RS Conv.
I have the same problem. When I accelerate slowly from a dead stop.
The engine feels like there's a miss. Comes in and out as I accelerate.
I'm assuming it's the motor dropping down to 4 cylinders. When this happens you can hear a change in the exhaust note. I had an Avalanche that wouldn't drop to 4 until you reached and maintained your mph. My Avalanche also had a read out in the dash which told you when the motor
dropped to 4 cylinders. If there's one in the Camaro I haven't found it yet.
94impss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #9
Hot Lava

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have been experiencing the same issue with mine. Did any of you find a fix for this issue? I only had about 800 miles on mine when I really started to experience this and it drives me crazy considering its brand new and the amount of money I spent on it. I took mine into the dealer and the mechanic went for a ride with me and then drove it and said, "oh, its a driveline drone." and said he would research it. I waited about a week and finally called them back and they said it was normal but it is definitely not normal running. Its driving me crazy and is so annoying its almost irritating to drive it at times.
Hot Lava is offline   Reply With Quote