Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
ACS Bumper Ports T2+T1 lighting or ZL1 front bumper?

as subject

so all my spring break vacay money will go to the car and kinda hard to choose between both. so acs bumper ports is $800something (shipped to my door around $800-$850) and the ZL1 Front Bumper is $1300++ color matched.

what do u guys think? i know the zl1 front bumper it looks great, but its kinda pricey and i gotta for some 2 more months bcs my budget now is $1k and im a student.

help?

thanks.

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
go with t2s i have both i bought a zl1 bumper and its a pain in the ass to do its not just buy the bumper and paint it u have to do alot of shit to get it right my t2s i love they look great and they were less expensive my ports were 500 and my bumper cost me about 1350 total go with the t2s
Old 02-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Here is my T2 with ACS Splitter. ACS now have a set of T1's ligts that looks a lot like ZL1 lights. Look a their site.

www.acscomposite.com

Name:  t2 with leds on.jpg
Views: 3517
Size:  147.9 KB
Old 02-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
go with t2s i have both i bought a zl1 bumper and its a pain in the ass to do its not just buy the bumper and paint it u have to do alot of shit to get it right my t2s i love they look great and they were less expensive my ports were 500 and my bumper cost me about 1350 total go with the t2s
i know, that sounds alot, i mean i dont really much time to paint it again at whatsoever. just wondering which should i get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal2010yellow View Post
Here is my T2 with ACS Splitter. ACS now have a set of T1's ligts that looks a lot like ZL1 lights. Look a their site.

www.acscomposite.com

Attachment 335084
i know that, both are lookin good, just dont which one should i get.

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
Old 02-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal2010yellow View Post

www.acscomposite.com

Attachment 335084
this one right?

My Build Thread
Old 02-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
if you got the money get the zl1 hands down. if you want the same look without breaking the bank get the t2 ports
puertoricanfont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
has ANYBODY thought about painting maybe an half inch of the scoop the color of your car to more resemble that the scoop is recessed in
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #8
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
if you got the money get the zl1 hands down. if you want the same look without breaking the bank get the t2 ports
well i can save up some more and wait for another 2 or 3months for the bumper. but what about my old bumper, where should i put it? or sell it? what price are we looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
has ANYBODY thought about painting maybe an half inch of the scoop the color of your car to more resemble that the scoop is recessed in
ah what's that? sorry my english is bad.

My Build Thread
Old 02-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #9
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita View Post
well i can save up some more and wait for another 2 or 3months for the bumper. but what about my old bumper, where should i put it? or sell it? what price are we looking for?

ah what's that? sorry my english is bad.
if you look at any zl1 there ports are built in with the bumper. with the t2 ports you can tell its an added part. was wonder if anybody painted like an inch of the front of the scoop to mimic more of the zl1 bumper. the zl1 bumper those ports are recessed in
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #10
snow_leopard

Drives: '16 1SS
also with the zl1 bumper the lights are bezeled and it has a much cleaner look. the acs ports in combination with the mimic lights doesnt cut it in my opinion. but thats just my opinon.
snow_leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #11
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202255

Looks like the Zl-1 bumper lines don't really flow into the standard hood... So if you're not willing to invest in the extra cost of the hood, I'd go for the T2+T1 setup...
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #12
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Hmm. I'd go with the ZL.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #13
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_leopard View Post
also with the zl1 bumper the lights are bezeled and it has a much cleaner look. the acs ports in combination with the mimic lights doesnt cut it in my opinion. but thats just my opinon.
+1
And i cant justify paying 500$ for just ports that are unpainted. I was in the edge of getting them but decided just to get foglights till i decide what i want later on.
puertoricanfont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #14
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
if you look at any zl1 there ports are built in with the bumper. with the t2 ports you can tell its an added part. was wonder if anybody painted like an inch of the front of the scoop to mimic more of the zl1 bumper. the zl1 bumper those ports are recessed in
yessur, ur right, the t2 ports it looks like doesnt built with the bumper. but, let say im gonna buy it, where should i put my old bumper? or who's gonna buy a second hand 1LT bumper? i mean that bumper still can make couple of bucks. although not that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_leopard View Post
i appreaciate ur opinion man. i know like the T2 ports and T1 lighting is the cheaper way to make ur car look like zl1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202255

Looks like the Zl-1 bumper lines don't really flow into the standard hood... So if you're not willing to invest in the extra cost of the hood, I'd go for the T2+T1 setup...
oh is it? so if i want to look cleaner look with bumper lines i should get the hood? wowzer, the hood is another $1k. ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Hmm. I'd go with the ZL.
i think i'm gonna stick with u.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
+1
And i cant justify paying 500$ for just ports that are unpainted. I was in the edge of getting them but decided just to get foglights till i decide what i want later on.
i know, like for me for that small parts its kinda expensive (idk for the others), and i gotta pay a labor which is not cheap to cut my bumper.

YES THANK YOU FOR UR OPINION GUYS, U CHANGED MY MIND, SO I'LL GET THE ZL1 BUMPER THIS. thanks for the input.

My Build Thread