Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Elektra SS ABM Going on the Market

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentleman! I am very sad to announce that Elektra is going on the market. This was absolute last resort in selling my car, but my father in law is at stage 4 cancer and has spread into his organs. He is currently being treated with the most intense Chemo but the Dr.'s say it's a ticking time bomb at this point. I love my car and I have put a lot of work and passion into it but supporting my family financially and emotionally is more important than any car out there. I have done a lot of research and gauged what I believe the car is worth and what the market will bare. I will be posting the asking price in addition to all of the aftermarket mods, VIN #, most recent pics, etc. as soon as I can. Feel free to PM me or post on this thread with any interest, questions, comments etc.

UPDATED INFORMATION:

I am currently listing the car for $42,300. I have tested the market and I have had the car appraised with a few non biased car experts I know. I have had over 25K of modifications to the car and I fully understand most people do not want to carry over the costs of mods. I feel it is priced right and well below what it is worth and the money invested in it, especially with the rare aqua blue color. Many people may have opinions and I am ok with that. The whole purpose of selling this car is to take care of my family and I am pricing to sell not sit on the market for months and months. It has been featured in SEMA 2010 and SEMA 2011 and recognized as one of the Hottest cars of the show. It has also been featured in DUB magazine for Tiarra Luxury Grilles. It is ALWAYS garage kept, and has been to a few shows beyond SEMA. I only drive it on the weekends from time to time and has 10,600 miles on it. It is in flawless condition. Feel free to PM with interest or post on this thread. The following Mods are listed below.

RK SPORT SIDE SKIRTS
RK SPORT SPOILER
RK SPORT HOOD
RK SPORT FRONT BUMPER
TIARRA LUXURY GRILLE
ANGEL EYE HALOS
22' TSW WHEELS
22' CONTINENTAL TIRES
K&N COLD AIR INTAKE KIT
K40 LASER JAMMER AND RADAR DETECTOR WITH FRONT AND REAR DIFFUSOR
FIDANZA SHORT SHIFTER AND FLYWHEEL
DB KUR RS 1200 AMP
(2) DB 1500 WATT 12" SPEAKERS WITH CUSTOM BOX AND INSTALL
CUSTOM BLUE STITCH LEATHER SEATS AND BLUE INSERTS
CUSTOM PAINTED GAUGES
CUSTOM PAINTED ENGINE COVER
TINTED WINDOWS
BORLA ATAK EXHAUST
EIBACH LOWERING SPRINGS
CUSTOM FLAT BLACK STRIPES (CAN BE EASILY REMOVED IF IT DOESN'T SUIT YOU)
CLIFFORD SMART START SECURITY SYSTEM WITH WHEEL, GLASS, TRUNK, AND HOOD DETECTION

PROFESSIONALLY INSTALLED BY MY FRIENDS AT PROMOTORSPORTS!

If I missed anything I will certainly add it! I plan to add new pictures in the next day or two, it's currently pouring down rain in DFW.

2010 Aqua Blue, K&N CAI, RK Side skirts, hood, and spoiler. Borla Exhaust/CATS, 22 TSW Wheels, Fidanza Short Shifter and Flywheel, performance chip, Halo's. Twin Turbo in progress!

Last edited by ElektraSS; 01-10-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: updated changes
ElektraSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
That ride should go quick! Best wishes to your Father-in-law and family. We're praying for a speedy recovery!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #3
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Thank you for the kind words! I need the ride to go pretty quickly. I am trying to get everything situated with sell price and listing of everything. This by far has been my favorite and rarest car, but I am at the threshold.

2010 Aqua Blue, K&N CAI, RK Side skirts, hood, and spoiler. Borla Exhaust/CATS, 22 TSW Wheels, Fidanza Short Shifter and Flywheel, performance chip, Halo's. Twin Turbo in progress!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Really sorry to see this, about your father-in-law, and the necessity to liquidate your interest in your ride ( its a awesome example)............................this kinda hits home for me personally ( Youngest child a couple of years back) let just say illnesses and diseases like cancer causes lots of immediate financial adjustments, well beyond the many emotional and physical ones.........................anywho's our thoughts and prayers are with you, your father-in-law and family.................................Good Luck with the sale friend~ Dave/Casper
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Thank you for the kind words Caspers2SSRS! I haven't slept much the last few weeks. We received the news a couple of days before Christmas and they wanted to do immediate surgery and treatment before Christmas, and he refused so he could enjoy possibly his last Christmas. He is fighting the best he can and a few days ago he told me he doesn' know how much he has left, one of the only things keeping him going is our 1 year old son who he adores. They are supposed to remove a tumor in his lymph nodes in a couple of weeks but it has already spread throughout his organs. We try to spend as much time as possible with him and are keeping our heads high! I love my car and hate to sell it but taking care of my family is the absolute most important in my life right now. I hope the youngest child you are speaking about above is doing well now.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #6
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
You're doing the right thing & that's what counts.

You can always get another Camaro... good luck selling it. Shouldn't be a hard thing to do.
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel insane View Post
You're doing the right thing & that's what counts.

You can always get another Camaro... good luck selling it. Shouldn't be a hard thing to do.
Thank you! Agreed, later down the road I can find another project.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #8
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Awesome car,, good luck in the sale and to your father in law, hope he beats the cancer, it's totally possible!!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #9
crsr1

Drives: Camaro
Through God, all things are possible!
2013 Silverado Z71
crsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #10
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
My and my family prayers are with you and your family i wish a speedy recovery and hope he beats cancer its completely possible and goodluck with your sale its an awesome machine it wont last in the market long!
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #11
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by crsr1 View Post
Amen
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #12
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonbrador View Post
Amen
Thank you all for the kind words!!! He certainly can beat it and has been fighting very hard!! I'm a firm believer in God and the miracles here on Earth!!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #13
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by crsr1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonbrador View Post
Amen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektraSS View Post
Thank you all for the kind words!!! He certainly can beat it and has been fighting very hard!! I'm a firm believer in God and the miracles here on Earth!!

my pastor survived leukemia...forgot whether acute or chronic...but i'm sure your father in law can do the same
Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #14
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
Brandon, Meagan and Dad....sorry, to hear the news. Hopefully your Dad will keep fighting and beat this horrible disease.

Thoughts and prayers from all of us.