Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-07-2016, 11:16 PM   #71
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Nice, like all the pics showing how you solved it.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:49 PM   #72
smithnc

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
Looking good
smithnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:20 AM   #73
Aprojectile

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
So I'm hopefully going to be able to get the ZL1 fuel pump installed next week. I would like to get the car re tuned afterwards so it can make better use of the pump but im not going to waste the time or money for it be re tuned just for a pump. So i want to have a few more things added to the car that will change and effect the re tune. Im considering getting Overkill's 80mm throttle body along with the ported intake manifold and the intake manifold spacer. But im curious on how those 3 iteams will effect and handle boost?

Please put in your opinions on the three iteams above, along with anything else you all can think off that would be good to add before i get the car re tuned.

Thanks!

P.S. I plan to have the car re dyno tuned in the spring. So i have plenty of time to get the new stuff, whatever it might be.
Aprojectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 12:32 AM   #74
Aprojectile

Well, I might be buying new turbos.......

The ground for the external oil pump lost it's ground, which made the pump stop running, which caused my turbos to blow their seals and put oil into the turbos. This all happened on my way to work tonight as i seen smoke just start rolling out from behind my car.

I'm hoping though that nothing got damage within the turbos since rebuild kits for them are just $60. so for a total of $120 I can rebuild them! But if they're done for then I'm going to replace them with ball bearings versions instead of the journal bearing ones I have now.

It's seems to be one thing after another for me. =(
Old 07-16-2016, 12:37 AM   #75
Aprojectile

I might soon follow him if things don't change for the better. XD
Old 07-16-2016, 12:41 AM   #76
Aprojectile

They are, I wonder how much I could get out of my car? I would like to at least get a base model vet with very little financing if I was to do that.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:47 AM   #77
Aprojectile

Well mine is a 1LS lol, but their is nothing on it anymore that is related to the 1LS

But honestly, unless I was to get a great offer for my car, I wouldn't sell it. Yes it's been a huge pain since I started to mod it. But it's my first car I bought. If anything I would just make it N/A again and save up and buy me something really nice and strong, like a z07 packaged z06 or a Nismo GT-R. =P
Old 07-16-2016, 12:51 AM   #78
Aprojectile

But that AWD though. I actually want to get a older R33 and build it, but then I would be back to dealing with a headache of a car. The NSX in my opinion is overpriced for it's performance too, same for the Ford GT.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:04 AM   #79
Aprojectile

Yeah that new Focus RS caught my eye. Defiantly will be interesting to see where it goes in the future with mods and such.

I like the NSX, both new and old but both extremely overpriced.

I actually prefer the R34 the most, and no not because of The Fast and The Furious. I just like it because it has a much more aggressive look to it, but it will be much harder and a even bigger headache to have one of those over here legally compared to the R33 which thanks to JK Technologies, can be made street legal for a nice hefty price tag of 37k, not including the price of the car or import fees. So where I stand right now financially, that wouldn't be a option.

As for the Ford GT, I never really cared for them till the newest one. I think it's because of it now being a 6 cylinder. XD

I would also like to either get a older 97 or 98 Supra with the 2JZ and M6 in it but those aren't cheap either. And the new Supra (Whatever Toyota decides to call it) isn't even out yet to consider it as a option.

But looking more realistically, if I did sell the car, I would probably try and pick up a used 5th get ZL1, It would be the best performance option for the price, out of any car that I would want to own.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:25 AM   #80
Aprojectile

I'm all for the hybrid drivetrain systems, they defiantly help a lot with the car's performance and handling for sure. That is one of the reason's the new NSX is more appealing to me than anything else on my list for a straight up performance option. I'm also interested to see what Nissan brings to the table when they finally release the new R36 GT-R.

And trust me, I'm like you, I would rather have a slower, one of a kinda than a fast everyday car. Which is what lead me to build my car instead of trade it in way back before I started doing all this work to it. And if I don't give up on it, it will eventually be a great and reliable running car one day lol.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:03 AM   #81
Aprojectile

I actually prefer the 370 over the 350, but those 2nd gen 300s are pretty nice too.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:10 AM   #82
Aprojectile

Nah, everyone has their own preference and taste. Who cares what other people like and want, it should only matter about your opinion and what makes you happy. It is your car, hard work, and money in the end.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:21 AM   #83
Aprojectile

I would never get what I have in it. Plus it has a Lemon Title, which would hurt the value of it too.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:41 AM   #84
Aprojectile

I bought it from a dealer. I'm the second owner, and according to the dealer, the original owner was having issues with the engine randomly stalling out and kept taking it back to get it fixed, but they was never able to fully solve the issue so they where forced to buy it back. And according to them, the car was sent back to GM and had new engine put into it which solved the issue. As for how much of that is true, I don't know. It does have a Lemon title though because of a buy back, this I know for sure since I ran a Car-Fax on it and it's stated in there, it just doesn't state why it was bought back in the Car-Fax report.