Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-16-2018, 03:36 PM   #225
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elon-mu...ini-submarine/

Is it just me or is Elon slowly going insane...?
Wow! Without trying to get political, that will blow over quickly. He's on the right side of the Isle to catch any real problems from that.

As far as insane, i believe most of humanity is going insane these days.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:16 PM   #226
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgo2 View Post
I think he just can't handle even the smallest amount of criticism.
Common trait of narcissists. While they crave attention, it must always be praise. Since they consider themselves perfect, any criticism of them must come from someone who is flawed in some way (because admitting that you are not perfect isn't a consideration for a narcissist). Those criticisms are an attack on the narcissists fundamental view of themselves, so they lash out and do what they think is responding in kind -but comes off to most everyone else as a child throwing a tantrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
but the Tube for the Thai boys was a joke - PT Barnum at best!
I'm increasingly convinced that Barnum is Musk's role model.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:06 PM   #227
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2018, 06:54 PM   #228
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Is that chart trying to suggest there are more model 3s than the 3 series, A4, C-class, and Is combined? Or am I just not understanding what they are trying to fluff?
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:35 PM   #229
PoorMansCamaro

It shows that in July 2018, the model 3 owns 52% of the market share in the US vs all those cars combined.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:37 PM   #230
PoorMansCamaro

Here's another graph. Take note, this is just the model 3, being compared to multiple models in each company.
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2018, 07:57 PM   #231
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Pent up demand.. I'm interested in how many model 3s they'll be selling 6 months from now.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:02 PM   #232
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Pent up demand.. I'm interested in how many model 3s they'll be selling 6 months from now.
The interesting part, is that the model 3's that are being sold right now are 50-55k optioned model 3. The demand for them right now are really high. They said they expect to build and sell the 35k option in the beginning of 2019. So I can only see sales going up. But only time will tell.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:11 PM   #233
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Here's another graph. Take note, this is just the model 3, being compared to multiple models in each company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Quote:
The interesting part, is that the model 3's that are being sold right now are 50-55k optioned model 3. The demand for them right now are really high. They said they expect to build and sell the 35k option in the beginning of 2019. So I can only see sales going up. But only time will tell.
Yes, there is some pent up demand, coupled with the fact that there will be somewhat of a rush to get purchases in before the $7,500 EV incentive gets cut in half as Tesla passes the 200k units sold mark.

The pricing for the Model 3 is bullseye dead on with pricing for Lux 3 segment sedans, so comparing it with that group for sales performance is definitely appropriate. It will be interesting to see if the sales momentum holds up when Lux 3 CUV EVs start to hit the market (Jaguar i-Pace, Mercedes EQC) at similar price points. Tesla may need to get the Model Y in place in time to deal with those before they eat too far into the Model 3 sales momentum.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:45 PM   #234
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
In other news ... I think Autoblog said that Tesla just posted their largest quarterly loss ever. Some 700 million. Stock prices also went up 5%.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:02 PM   #235
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
Are these sales or actual deliveries? Big difference when you are discussing Tesla. I found a document that had information provided by Tesla dated Jun19 that said they had produced 30K model 3s YTD and only 6K from 6/1 thru 6/18. Looks like production is still lagging greatly.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:03 PM   #236
PoorMansCamaro

those numbers are based on deliveries.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:43 AM   #237
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
those numbers are based on deliveries.
Based on the graph, Tesla delivered 16K in June, but according to other stats they provided, they've only produced 30K all year. I'm pretty sure one of these articles is incorrect and I'm betting they didn't deliver 16K in June. That would be more than 50% of their YTD production being delivered in just 1 month. If that were true and I had been waiting on one, I'd be really pissed.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 03:13 PM   #238
PoorMansCamaro

Yeah, that number is a bit high of an estimate. I think the real number is close to 14,250, which is still more than the rest of the brands.

I don’t understand your last part about being pissed. If you were waiting on one, wouldn’t it be a good thing that they sold as many as they did? Because then you have a higher chance of getting one. If they only sold, say, 2000, then I would be pissed.