Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #29
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
So what is the best specs for to keep tire ware to a minimum (no uneven tire ware)? factory specs? Going to be dropping my car to around 1.25-1.50 inchs, so do i need the alignment kit?
A thing to remember here is that camber wears a tire slower than toe does. This is because it is an angle that is inline with tire rotation as opposed to toe which is not (perpendicular).

As an example: for every mile the tire moves forward with say .125in (1/8th in) of toe in (or out) it is equivalent to being dragged sideways for 1/8 of a mile! Get the toe wrong and you can waste a tire much quicker than camber ever can...

So if I were to end up -1.0 camber (I would want that number but that is beside the point) I would apply 1/16-1/8in toe in to even the tire wear out across the face of the tire. With the tendency to use the least amount of toe as possible in the rear as it tends to remain fairly "static". As for the front you have to account for it being not so "static", especially when braking as there is a high amount of weight transfer to the front and can radically change the toe setting. Pulling down on the front end while it is on the rack can show this. I usually divide the difference between static vs loaded in half and add it in to the toe amount (add toe in if the change is negative toe and reduce toe in if the change is additional toe in).

If you are lowering a car for performance and having a performance alignment done, you need to be prepared to have some reduced tire wear....
Old 02-24-2010, 01:13 PM   #30
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
So what is the best specs for to keep tire ware to a minimum (no uneven tire ware)? factory specs? Going to be dropping my car to around 1.25-1.50 inchs, so do i need the alignment kit?

uSE THE SPECS I LISTED ABOVE

MIKE
DMS
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #31
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I just ordered my pedders camber kit to do my alignment hopefully I'll get it next week, but since I have the BMR trailing arms does that mean the car wont align right?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:56 AM   #32
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex33x View Post
I just ordered my pedders camber kit to do my alignment hopefully I'll get it next week, but since I have the BMR trailing arms does that mean the car wont align right?
the BMR arms do not affect alignment. So no worries. You should, however replace the trailing arm bushings in the knuckle to make the trailing arm upgrade functional. Do you run wearing just 1 shoe?

mike
dms

Last edited by Info@PeddersUSA.com; 02-28-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #33
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
the BMR arms do not affect alignment. So no worries. You should, however replace the trailing arm bushings in the knuckle to make the trailing arm upgrade functional

mike
dms
Replace it with what though? And its the bushing in the BMR Unit right?

Old 02-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #34
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
Quote:
the BMR arms do not affect alignment. So no worries. You should, however replace the trailing arm bushings in the knuckle to make the trailing arm upgrade functional

mike
dms

i was wondering about this, the arm only has the 1 bushing in it, the other one is in the spindle assy. link to these trailing arm spindle bushings?
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #35
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
i was wondering about this, the arm only has the 1 bushing in it, the other one is in the spindle assy. link to these trailing arm spindle bushings?
Pedders offers a bushing replacement for the knuckle bushing.

mike
dms
Old 02-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #36
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
Quote:
Pedders offers a bushing replacement for the knuckle bushing.

mike
dms

cool, but it says on backorder??, do you know when you will have more?
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #37
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
I BELEIVE THEY ARE ON THE BOAT NOW. WILL BE THIS WEEK OR NEXT, DEPENDING ON HOW CUSTOMS IS FEELING

MIKE
DMS
Old 03-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #38
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:

Boats are too slow. We have plenty of these bushings right now, no waiting! Click HERE to purchase...

BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #39
BMR Suspension

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Keep in mind that all bushings are not the same!! BMR uses a 95 durometer bushing for the trailing arm inner bushings. The same 95 durometer bushing is used on both ends of the toe rods.

This is a stronger bushing than the bushings offered by some suspension companies. Higher strength means less bushing deflection, which is the main reason for replacing the bushings in the first place. Using a bushing with soft polyurethane is like using a running shoe with soft rubber.
BMR Suspension is offline   Reply With Quote