Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-03-2010, 01:55 AM   #1
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
650 Package from LPE on an L99

Hey guys, just wondering what if anyone out there has the 650 package on their L99 yet?

I'm debating on forking out the extra money for the package, but wanna get some opinions and advise.

550 package with a suspension upgrade may be enough. The car has 4000 miles on it.

Cant decide.......please help!!!!
10 Camaro: Built 376, LSA Heads, BTR valve train and Stage III Camshaft. F1A 12 Rib-3.75 pulley (17psi), Squash Dual Fuel System with Return (Dual Walbro 450LPH on a Hobbs Switch), Aeromotive regulator, Holley Fuel Rails, ID1300's. RMVB 4L80, 4K Stall, and Trans-brake. 9" IRS, 3.50 gears with a full spool
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by bws_82 View Post
Hey guys, just wondering what if anyone out there has the 650 package on their L99 yet?

I'm debating on forking out the extra money for the package, but wanna get some opinions and advise.

550 package with a suspension upgrade may be enough. The car has 4000 miles on it.

I saw your post in the LPE thread first - so disregard the question about which package you are going with. I have the 570 package now and it is awesome but I also have the LS3. I think I will be going with the 650 package this next fall / winter to get the forged internals and cam. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
barrylnv

Drives: 2010 2SS IMB LS3/M6
Quote:

All depends on what you want to do long term I think. As far as bang for the buck, the 550 L99 or 570 LS3 packages are the best since they often turn out a fair bit stronger than 550 or 570. But, that's about as far as you can take it safely. With the 650 package, you have the option of adding the wide pulley system and adding boost, headers, HF cats, etc. in the future with a safe long block. So just depends. You honestly cannot go wrong either way, LPE just does great packages on every build.
ZR1 Clutch / LPE Flywheel
LPE IBM Coil Covers
Thorley Shorty Headers
Borla 140280 Cat-back
ADM Boost Gauge
MTI Shifter
Hotchkis Sway Bars
LPE Floor Mats
SRP Heel-Toe Pedals
barrylnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:

DO IT! I have the 650 in the LS3....it's amazing! Windy and a few other have the L99 w/ the 650 and they are very happy. I started out going for the 570 and upgraded before they started to the 650. I figure it is like everything else...might as well go for it as you will want it later. Power is like a lot of things....can you really have too much?
Dont worry about the susension you can add it later, which is where I am now. I am starting to wonder if my Camro will ever be finished...so many better and badder mods to add. You have picked a really good shop, which ever way you go I know you will be happy with their work!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #5
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Whatever you do, i'd suggest you get some suspension mods. All the power in the world will do you no good if you can't put it to the ground. $1k will get you much better sways and a Hotchkis chasis brace. Both of these will get plant your car on the ground and eliminate wheel hop. It will also make going through the turns MUCH more precise. There are also many other suspension mods that will help keep the power to the ground. You just need to decide what you want from your car. Most of the suspension shops offer track packs that are reduced prices on their popular upgrade kits. LPE and the rest of the big name shops will do a very good job on your car but if $$ is an issue, there are many other shops that can do what you want for considerably less. This would free up $$ for the rest of your mods. I'm not knocking LPE at all, just that they are the upper tier for pricing.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Get the 650, the more HP the better, I wish I could have 1,000 HP
Old 04-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #7
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
I have the 570 package.. I am upgrading the rest of the car and then will circle back to add more power after. Suspension, Body, tires/wheels are done as well as a Custom Paint job.

I am with Speed.. We'll both be at LPE sometime in the future for the 650 package.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
paul2010

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1278
Quote:

Go with the 650 now because if not you will be planning a trip back to get more power. Just read above some of the guys that have the 570 packages are already planning a trip back for the 650 package. You can't ever have to much power but you can certainly have not enough if you know what I mean. Suspensions are nice and I would do it all at once but splurge now for the power and you can always do the suspension later. Almost anyone can install a suspension but only Lingenfelter can build you an LPE monster they are the best. They will customize your build to suit your personal needs and wants. I am a very satisfied customer!
2012 ZL1 #1278

2010 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
2011 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
paul2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #9
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Thanks guys..... you all have one hell of a brotherhood that i'll be joining soon!! Can't wait!!

I already have ARH with hi flow cats and Corsa axle-back installed on my car. Jeff from LPE told me that they would have to put a pulley on it to up the lost boost. From what i understand from reading up top is that with the 650 package, my headers and exhaust wont affect the boost and power loss? Is that correct?

I dont like the idea of the pulley because i hear that it causes a lot of problems. I really expected Jeff to say lets put on a duel stage fuel pump or something along them lines to the boost back.

They know their stuff so if a pulley he say's....then a pulley it is!

The 550 package would be fine for the power that im looking for, but im just worried about wasting the money ive spent on my headers.

Thanks again guys for the great info
10 Camaro: Built 376, LSA Heads, BTR valve train and Stage III Camshaft. F1A 12 Rib-3.75 pulley (17psi), Squash Dual Fuel System with Return (Dual Walbro 450LPH on a Hobbs Switch), Aeromotive regulator, Holley Fuel Rails, ID1300's. RMVB 4L80, 4K Stall, and Trans-brake. 9" IRS, 3.50 gears with a full spool
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote