Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-22-2011, 03:30 PM   #43
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
All I can say is USAA... My funds are always available a day or two ahead of my co-workers... Customer service is top notch...

Before I get flamed... yes they are open to other than Military for regular banking. They even pay back other banks ATM fees.

www.usaa.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
USAA FTW! hands down!

This. We're with USAA. We rarely have problems with them.

Carry on.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #44
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Automatic bill pay is the best way a bank can legally grip you from behind and make you their prom date. I write ALL of my bills out in checks and I schedule ALL of my bills so they are due at least 1-2 weeks after I get paid. I get paid at the beginning of the month so all of my bills are due mid month giving the checks time to fly and get credited. I thought about doing auto bill pay, but this exact scenario is the reason I said FTS! Checks are becoming ancient history, but they do their job well.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #45
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Direct deposit will also remedy this since your money usually gets in the day before everyone else picks up their checks. Every job I've had I got paid on like a friday, and got my money thursday night but it didnt completely clear til friday morning.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #46
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloman1346 View Post
....Well yesterday I put my check in the bank thru their ATM at like 630 at night... I am Broke until MONDAY NIGHT.../end rant
If you know you need the funds very fast, then don't deposit it. Try to cash it. Even if you have to go to a check-cashing place and pay a fee, this is better than not having any funds at all and not being able to pay the bills....

after you have actual cash in your hands, take this to your bank and deposit this and it will be credited instantaneously.

Peace out
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #47
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
It's a question of which bank is the most avaricious; they're all assholes. B. of A. stinks the worst.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #48
PETRA
My Addiction

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS DropTop
For starters, I'd just like to say that both USAA and Navy FCU are AWESOME banks. Not sure if just anyone can get an account or if you have to have some military affiliation, but I'd try Navy FCU first.

Now - as far as your response goes, if you have been a customer of BOA for years and this is the first time this has happened and your account history on paper supports what you are saying, then go into a BOA branch and POLITELY state your case. MOST banks, even crappy ones like BOA and Hells Fargo (which I am a member of: first it was Wachovia also known as "walk-all-ova-ya") have a type of "calculation" that determines a percentage of what fees they can credit back to you as a curtesouy. I had a similar situation happen with me and the chick at the bank thought my calc would only be about 10% of the fees, but it turned out to be more like 50% due to my history with their bank.

Something to consider at least, to try and recoup some of your loss. You can't change what happened; at least maybe if you recoup some of your coin you can find closure from this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloman1346 View Post
I don't do direct deposit because sometimes my employer messes that up. One time a co-worker and I (who has the same last name) got each others paycheck. She has direct deposit and it was a big cluster to get it fixed.

Look, I understand that I need to put my check in the bank and you think its my fault for putting it in late. But this is the first time this has happened to me doing it this way. For nearly 4 years I put my check in Thursday night and it clears Friday. They are making me stay at a ZERO BALANCE for 4 DAYS and HOLDING 2 grand of my money.

I got paid, and I cant even fill up my tank because the bank wont put MY money in MY account. Hell I can't even go to the bank on Saturday because its closed. Its not like I can get my check back and go to Walmart or Publix to get it cashed.

And for the person who commented about BoA buying out your mortgage (Which They did that with Countrywide Homeloans), every 6 months I get phone calls telling me I am late on my mortgage because they keep stopping my automatic bill pay for my mortgage. Guaranteed every 6 months I have to argue with them to get it right.

I never thought I would be moving banks. I guess ill try Wells/Fargo? I'm going to try to see if they can even transfer my Credit Card and Mortgage, I don't want BoA to get one more penny out of me, the bastards!
You sound like my wife...at first she was.........but after a few rides in it and seeing me giggle lik a schoolgirl she was more like ............but then when I told her we could get her Vert lowered to match my stance she was like so it all worked out.
PETRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #49
PETRA
My Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10CamaroSS View Post
Good points. I work in finance aka stock market where people sell their shares and don't read the fine print. We have an SEC settlement period that takes 3 days before we can disburse any funds to the account owner. People will make the transaction and pay the extra for Fedex or wire transfer and think they get their money the next day.

Nope

We get at least 3 or 4 pissed off callers a day because they didn't read about that little govt period.
I too was in banking (moved into the mortgage side) and it blows my mind how people do not read or learn about the specifics of their bank. When you start a job you learn about vaca pay, when payday is, how much $$ you get and what deductions will be held..... but when you choose the institution that babysits those funds you just presume that your preferences are what applies.

I know one bank that REGARDLESS of when your deposit posts - even if its cash and at the crack of business day - they will apply ALL the debits from that day BEFORE giving credit for the deposit. So sure you may have made a rush deposit to cover checks you knew were gonna clear that day, but you still get hit for the OD fee.

The best path of avoiding trouble is knowing ALL the rules to the game...
You sound like my wife...at first she was.........but after a few rides in it and seeing me giggle lik a schoolgirl she was more like ............but then when I told her we could get her Vert lowered to match my stance she was like so it all worked out.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #50
PETRA
My Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
If you know you need the funds very fast, then don't deposit it. Try to cash it. Even if you have to go to a check-cashing place and pay a fee, this is better than not having any funds at all and not being able to pay the bills....

after you have actual cash in your hands, take this to your bank and deposit this and it will be credited instantaneously.

Peace out
If you go to the bank the check was drawn on, you can cash it even if you are not a member. Then you have cash - guaranteed. This is why ALOT of people don't use checks to pay bills, only money orders.......
Old 10-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #51
woolfman72

Drives: Black 1LT RS
Navy is pretty strict . You have to have someone in your family either be a member or be active duty/ retired receiving a pension. They could have passed already and it still makes you eligible.

But I agree with everyone that mentions NFCU.. they are top notch. Pretty easy on credit products too.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:40 AM   #52
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
Automatic bill pay is the best way a bank can legally grip you from behind and make you their prom date. I write ALL of my bills out in checks and I schedule ALL of my bills so they are due at least 1-2 weeks after I get paid. I get paid at the beginning of the month so all of my bills are due mid month giving the checks time to fly and get credited. I thought about doing auto bill pay, but this exact scenario is the reason I said FTS! Checks are becoming ancient history, but they do their job well.
Wow... this is wrong in so many ways... I don't even know where to start...
Old 10-23-2011, 02:56 AM   #53
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
Eh.. not all banks suck. I may have moved to the city, but I'm still gonna do business with my hometown bank. The smaller town banks tend to treat you as a person instead of a number.

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

He told me that was the best damn answer he ever heard.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #54
wholloway6

Drives: 2012 2LT RS M6
I guess to each their own... Not sure why everyone hates banks so much. I have never had a problem with mine. And yes it is BOA and NO I do not work for or get paid by them. In the 15+ years I have been with them, I have only ever had 2 minor problems which were both resolved with a 5-10 minute phone call. As with every product/service/... not everyone will be happy all the time. Just not possible. As I have seen posted already, read your account rules and follow them... Should have no problems.
wholloway6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #55
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
USAA is the best bank, period. I would switch to them if I were you. BoA lost my SSN a while back and I had to put fraud alerts on my credit profile. And they only offered to pay for one month of it. They're a bunch of crooks and I don't know why people stay with them.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #56
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
B of A is the dirtiest group out there. I've got my own saga going with them..

absolutely awful... One of my loans was sold to them and I'm doing everything I can to try and refinance through another bank.

Sorry to hear your getting messed over by them.
I have my mortgage through them. I have a coupon book with an address on each and I mail in my payment every month. They decided to change their address and sent me a notice that it would change and I would get a new coupon book when they were ready. Never got a book so I continued to pay with the old ones. They were receiving the payments until one month one came late.

They called me on my home phone at 6 AM on a Saturday to tell me that my payment was late. I yelled so much at the guy he hung up on me. They called back later on and I told them that I sent it on time and it was their problem not mine. Long story short they were redirecting the mail from their old office to the new one and they had started delaying it all to weekly "packages". They did end up removing the late payment fee and correcting it but not until I said I would have my lawyer write up my requirements for correction.

I would change but to refinance such a small mortgage on a home I probably won't be in for more than 3 or 4 more years is not worth it at all.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote