Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #463
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcd View Post
Jeff,

This has been a problem since the day the first 5th-gen Camaro was delivered. Just look at the chronology in this thread. It's longer than War and Peace, for gosh sakes! Why doesn't GM step up and take ownership on this problem?

They should make the 2011 PDIM available to the 2010 owners under warranty.
I apologize but as far as I know the 2010 Camaro does not currently have the 2011 PDIM module available to it. Once again this is as far as I know. My personal resources aren't as far reaching as a dealerships might be. If you want a sure fire answer I would suggest speaking with your local dealership and asking them how they would handle the situation. I apologize I can't be more helpful on this issue for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #464
Batman0837

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS # 71394
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I apologize but as far as I know the 2010 Camaro does not currently have the 2011 PDIM module available to it. Once again this is as far as I know. My personal resources aren't as far reaching as a dealerships might be. If you want a sure fire answer I would suggest speaking with your local dealership and asking them how they would handle the situation. I apologize I can't be more helpful on this issue for you.

I'm sorry but this is just flat out ridiculous, and obviously this statement isn't directed at you personally Jeff. But I can't fathom how a part that allows a vehicle to function as designed cannot be made "available" to a vehicle in order to improve it's functionality. I don't care about excuses in regard to a model year! My radio DOESN'T work!! And there is known cure. GM needs to make this happen! How can this be left up to a dealer to make the decision when this is being presented to a higher level of customer service is nearly unconscionable and beyond comprehension...

Chris
Batman0837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #465
Orange2010SS

Drives: Orange 2010 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman0837 View Post
I'm sorry but this is just flat out ridiculous, and obviously this statement isn't directed at you personally Jeff. But I can't fathom how a part that allows a vehicle to function as designed cannot be made "available" to a vehicle in order to improve it's functionality. I don't care about excuses in regard to a model year! My radio DOESN'T work!! And there is known cure. GM needs to make this happen! How can this be left up to a dealer to make the decision when this is being presented to a higher level of customer service is nearly unconscionable and beyond comprehension...

Chris
Afraid I've got to agree with the Batman on this one. There's a known problem and they know the fix yet refuse to make it happen. Inexcusable.
Orange2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #466
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR

Unless they know that eventually the fix will stop working too with new updated from our phone/mp3 player manufacturer etc.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #467
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
Yeap bottom line they got our money and thats all they seem to care about.
Have to think real hard before I buy another GM. :(
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman0837 View Post

Chris

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Chrisrp454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #468
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

With all due respect, Jeff, I don't think you've been following this thread (which is understandable, considering the number of posts). We have gone to our dealerships and tried to get the 2011 PDIM installed under warranty. We've been told GM won't let them do it because it's not a 2010 part.

There are many, myself included, who became so frustrated that we finally just bought the new PDIM and installed it ourselves. It did solve the problem, but it's a crying shame that you guys treat your customers this way. We should not have to pay out of our pockets to make our radios work in our brand new $35,000 cars.

I appreciate you having the courage to come on here and address us, but so far, all we've received is "customer no service."

Last edited by kmcd; 05-20-2011 at 03:03 PM.
kmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #469
Batman0837

Has Scott (fbodfather) or number 3 addressed this directly? Thankfully and admirably they participate here. But due to this, they also open themselves up to some gripes about the car too. It ain't all peaches and roses obviously. Someone from GM has GOT TO recognize that we have a legitimate gripe about our cars ranging from the mid 20ks to in excess of 40k. I'm not even keeping the radio (plans in the works to install GPS) but if I ever want to go back to stock, there is NO GOOD REASON WHATSOEVER now that there is a module that works being produced for anyone under warranty to tolerate this. I have a 1 1/2 year old 2ss auto with 14083 miles and the radio hasn't worked correctly from DAY 1. Despite a couple SW updates.

Chris

Last edited by Batman0837; 05-20-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #470
Batman0837

Can anyone confirm that the latest module for 2010 with software DA/DX at least works the way it's supposed to? Or is it still a crapshoot? All I want is to be able to use my iPhone with my tunes the way it's designed to be used.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #471
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
As far as I know, iPhone and ipod have never had many issues. I just had DA/DX put in my 2010 and so far it works great! I had huge problems with the original one.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #472
Batman0837

I have had issues with my iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 4 pretty consistently since I took delivery of the car. My iPod touch seems to be the only thing that doesn't give the PDIM fits. I haven't tried any other USB devices...
Old 05-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #473
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Odd... the ipod was the one thing that worked in my car, the only problem is all my music was on zune.

but, yes, the da/dx seems to work flawlessly so far.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #474
CoyoteRiverRacing

Drives: 2010 Pace Car
I'm sorry but, Jeff is doing due diligence in case there is legal action. He came on here for them not us. I wonder how many cars the fbodfather has signed that don't work. I'm glad I didn't bring my 2010 pace up to CamarofestII.

I work with government contracts - suppliers do this all the time when they fail to perform.

They want us to go through the dealers so the SPC data doesn't bubble up to a level where they would legally obligated to do anything to fix it.

Jeff is their scout, they use this board for their own good, I would say they should be treated as a vendor except that would be disrespectful to the many fine vendors that truely support this board, the members and their cars.

Sorry for the rant, I've been stewing over this for quite awhile now.

A co-worker bought Hyundia(SP) last week, he raves about it, his module works, WTF.
CoyoteRiverRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:36 PM   #475
Orange2010SS

Drives: Orange 2010 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteRiverRacing View Post
I'm sorry but, Jeff is doing due diligence in case there is legal action. He came on here for them not us. I wonder how many cars the fbodfather has signed that don't work. I'm glad I didn't bring my 2010 pace up to CamarofestII.

I work with government contracts - suppliers do this all the time when they fail to perform.

They want us to go through the dealers so the SPC data doesn't bubble up to a level where they would legally obligated to do anything to fix it.

Jeff is their scout, they use this board for their own good, I would say they should be treated as a vendor except that would be disrespectful to the many fine vendors that truely support this board, the members and their cars.

Sorry for the rant, I've been stewing over this for quite awhile now.

A co-worker bought Hyundia(SP) last week, he raves about it, his module works, WTF.
Orange2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #476
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
The issue with my USB is that the display gets stuck on one song or goes blank, but the songs play fine. I've never seen it index from what I understand on here. They do play in alphabetical order and re-starts where it left off. I want the display issue fixed. I am using a Sandisk Cruzer 2G flash drive and if I press and hold the menu button to see the PDIM HW/SW version nothing comes up. Just after about 5 seconds the LCD says 'Done'. Am I doing something wrong? Also, can I play Pandora from my DroidX thru the bluetooth? It is paired for phone use and works fine, but I see nothing in the menus for this. Any ideas? I ordered the car and it was delivered mid-July 09. Just wondering if I have PDIM issues as well that causes this.
Thanks.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote