Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #211
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
more HP = Bigger Price, i was wishing this car will be under $50,000 but after reading more into it, i am betting this car will be well over $55,000 by the time you add tax/tags and "options"...

do you really think you are going to get a 625HP S/C Camaro for a starting price of $48k-$49k ??? that is way too funny of a thought.

at what price do you say it is Too Much, for a Camaro ??

Last edited by mr02Z/28; 06-13-2011 at 10:19 PM.
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:58 PM   #212
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr02Z/28 View Post
more HP = Bigger Price, i was wishing this car will be under $50,000 but after reading more into it, i am betting this car will be well over $55,000 by the time you add tax/tags and "options"...
Would you be any happier if it came in at $45,000 and couldn't beat a 2011 GT500?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #213
Lee9710

Drives: 2013 Summit White ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lee9710
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Would you be any happier if it came in at $45,000 and couldn't beat a 2011 GT500?
It will barely beat one as it is so GM has some area to improve on in the following years. I'm thinking it will be at least 60k and that is too much for a Camaro. What ever happened to working mans sports car? Now you might as well get a Z06 for these prices. A slightly used one where I am is in the 47k range. I can't believe a Camaro will be this expensive......

Proud Owner of the baddest Camaro ever built
ZL1
Lee9710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #214
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee9710 View Post
It will barely beat one as it is so GM has some area to improve on in the following years. I'm thinking it will be at least 60k and that is too much for a Camaro. What ever happened to working mans sports car? Now you might as well get a Z06 for these prices. A slightly used one where I am is in the 47k range. I can't believe a Camaro will be this expensive......
If its 60k, they'll hardly sell any of them. For 10 grand less, you could get a GT500. For a little more, a brand new CTS-V. Only diehards would buy a ZL1.

As for the working mans sports car ... whats wrong with one of the Camaro's on sale now?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:07 AM   #215
ZDragon007

Drives: 1967 RS Convt 427
My sentiments exactly
ZDragon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:00 AM   #216
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
For people talking price. Haven't they always stated it will be competively priced? I expect that it will be around the price of a GT500 of the same model year. It will be interesting to see what is offered as options from the base price. It would be great to see GM come in a few K under the GT500, but I'm not sure that will happen. It might be closer to compare the GT500 with the SVT Performance Package as a starting price for the ZL1. I would be wet can expect with options, the ZL1 can approach the high 50's. (Basing this on the 57.xxK pricetag fora 2012 GT500 w/ the SVTPP, Electronics Pkg, Recaro Seats)

Crowley
Old 06-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #217
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee9710 View Post
I didn't know there were already published performance numbers yet... I must find these... All the talk of 620 horsepower and all that is great (hey - I want more power, too), but if you can't use it, it is a waste. With all the features we're learning about that ZL1 will have, it sounds like it's going to be able to make the most of what it has, and that's one of the most important things.

I guess I missed pricing for ZL1, too

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #218
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I didn't know there were already published performance numbers yet... I must find these... ...

I guess I missed pricing for ZL1, too
I must have missed the GM announced ZL1 performance and pricing numbers as well.

I don't understand why some people keep stating that the ZL1 will be overpriced or will have massive dealer markup due to limited production, and that, therefore, the performance the ZL1 offers won't be worth the price.

The ZL1's exact pricing and performance numbers have yet to be announced, but one thing that GM has announced is that the ZL1 won't be a limited production vehicle.

I hope the ZL1 bashing stops at least until GM announces official price and performance numbers.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #219
FreddyG

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
Man thank God in heaven they are making the ZL1 women friendly! HAHAHAHAHA! LOL! OK dont get toO mad lol just making jokes ladies, that was really more directed at males that want an automatic HAHAHAHAHA!

ROFL!
I hope that your ego can take getting butt handed to you by a Lady friendly, A6 ZL1 at a stop light!

Guys can talk about how good the stick is on a race track, but which scenario is more likely...............a run in at a stop light or one at a race track? The stop light run in will 90% of the time be won by the Lady in the A6. Just my take on it!

My guess is some sort of point and shoot street driving! I'm not in any way condoning street racing, but sometimes you have to take that trip to Mexico, if you know what I mean!

As for the pricing, my opinion is that once you add the dealer's markups, you'll probably be in Corvette/CTS-V territory anyway, but like everyone else I don't know what the price is. One thing that I do know from past performance is that you can count on MOST dealers taking advantage of its limited production and adding the premium onto it!

Last edited by FreddyG; 06-14-2011 at 11:52 AM.
FreddyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #220
1981DFA

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
I hope the ZL1 bashing stops at least until GM announces official price and performance numbers.
This makes two of us!!!! I can understand having so concerns about it having a high base price because of all the features that it is going to have, but give them a chance to get finished with the car.

I am the first on the list at my dealer and i was assured that they would be selling at MSRP or less.
1981DFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #221
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
I must have missed the GM announced ZL1 performance and pricing numbers as well.

I don't understand why some people keep stating that the ZL1 will be overpriced or will have massive dealer markup due to limited production, and that, therefore, the performance the ZL1 offers won't be worth the price.

The ZL1's exact pricing and performance numbers have yet to be announced, but one thing that GM has announced is that the ZL1 won't be a limited production vehicle.

The bashing will be justified once the numbers are announced and these beasts are on the streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyG View Post
I hope that your ego can take getting butt handed to you by a Lady friendly, A6 ZL1 at a stop light!

Guys can talk about how good the stick is on a race track, but which scenario is more likely...............a run in at a stop light or one at a race track? The stop light run in will 90% of the time be won by the Lady in the A6. Just my take on it!

My guess is some sort of point and shoot street driving! I'm not in any way condoning street racing, but sometimes you have to take that trip to Mexico, if you know what I mean!
Everyone thinks they can row a stick fast, but I've seen all too many be humbled at the track. It's one thing to go from a roll, it's another to dance with the clutch and throttle coming out of the hole.

HOWEVER, the PTM will even things up a lot I think. Considering there are many mid-12 second passes from the LS3 guys, I know it's possible, but that's not the norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1981DFA View Post
This makes two of us!!!! I can understand having so concerns about it having a high base price because of all the features that it is going to have, but give them a chance to get finished with the car.

I am the first on the list at my dealer and i was assured that they would be selling at MSRP or less.
+3

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #222
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Do the bashers think they can bash GM into submission on price? LOL.....

I don't believe GM will "gouge" buyers of ZL1, and my hope is that the dealers will not either.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #223
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1981DFA View Post

+1 .... my dealer is asking me when I can place the order..... .....
Old 06-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #224
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Buffer room for the ZL1's arrival

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/06/14/2...rice-increase/
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote