Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-27-2010, 05:47 PM   #29
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
So far, the dealers seem to be handling the clutch issues many of us are having. Mine is being replaced tomorrow. Good luck to those who are still having issues, I know it sucks ;(
I just went to my dealer and they checked the master cylinder and could not find anything wrong.

However they won't open the tranny to see if there is something wrong with the clutch. The clutch I have makes cheap sounds and sometimes gets stuck halfway down specially on hilly terrains. There is also a bad smell of the clutch.

How can I get them to open the transmission and see if there is something wrong with the clutch plate?
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #30
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Keep complaining that it's giving you problems; try another dealer; use the process outlined here if you're not getting the service you need. My dealer drove it once, and of course it didn't stick 1/2 up. he did smell the burning smell on fast takeoffs...I then brought it in, they spent almost 2 hours with it, and ordered the parts...

As he said, we want to make it right - so basically, took my word for it. I really don't relish the thought of my car being there for 2 days and them ripping the bottom apart to get at and change the clutch. I'd rather them not touch it and replace the clutch, but...I'm dropping her off this morning. :(
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #31
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Not sure if this is posted elsewhere, but for anyone having issues with your Camaro (or frankly any car) search this site for open TSBs - http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/tsbsearch.cfm. This is a great resource to see if a problem you are having has been recognized already by GM. Print them out and take them to your dealer.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #32
eckerj

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT

http://eckerfamily.jenixstudios.com/...g2_itemId=3094
The speedo problem finally manifested again... now here's hoping the dealership
and GM will take it seriously....

p.s. Can't seem to post the image inline...
eckerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:49 PM   #33
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckerj View Post

If I were to guess, you need a new speed sensor. My co-workers 1995 Toyota Camry would do that, however it would do it once you started up the car.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:41 AM   #34
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckerj View Post

eckerj,

Glad that it happened again (kind of if you know what I mean). Keep us posted on the status.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 2400
Size:  37.3 KB
Old 05-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #35
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
Pete. i have a problem. i took my car to the dealership as you can see i made a thread about it the brakes. and they made it worst :( and then i took it again because i have 2 check engine lights which are codes and they havent been able to do anything about it. they just moved my car to a parking spot...its been sitting there for 4 days already. and they havent done ANYTHING! im getting really angry about this. the problems are easy things. one is the ECU/Throttle Body. something wrong with them. and then the other is the fuel pump...please help me. i am having a horrible experience...
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #36
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
here are the links..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80980

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77145

some other member(S) have had problems like me with the brakes.
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #37
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
here are the links..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80980

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77145

some other member(S) have had problems like me with the brakes.
Couple things:

Sorry to here you are having issues. Hopefully GM can get things resolved to your satisfaction.

On your "REDUCED ENGINE POWER" issue, it looks like there could be a TSB that might apply here (Service Bulletin Number : PIP-4673). Hard to tell because that one isn't very descriptive. You can check it here.

Overall, f you don't feel that your issues are being resolved by the dealer then I would call the customer service number and explain the situation. Have them issue you a case number and due their investigation. Let me know what comes of that and we can go from there. If your concerns still aren't addressed to your satisfaction, then we can escalate per the process outlined above.

Pete
Old 05-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #38
Green Monster

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green, 6-sp auto
I'm taking mine to dealer next week. My USB port does not work. I have my fingers crossed!
Old 05-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #39
CamK18

Drives: 2010 1LT Vic Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monster View Post
I'm taking mine to dealer next week. My USB port does not work. I have my fingers crossed!
I had that same problem, mine was in and out in 2.5 hours. They had to coordinate with a company they outsource the audio installations/maintenance too but once they showed up it went flawlessly.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #40
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Pete,

I posted a while ago about some problems I was having (brakes and transmission). I'm pretty fed up with Chevrolet's customer service and service dept. service. Honestly, I'm probably getting blown off cuz I'm still a kid. *to clarify for those who toss me into the 16 year first car group: I saved up for a car, I saw Eleanor, I bought her, I earned the right to drive her in my book* Digressing, as of April my car had been in the shop 22 out of the 30 days of the month. I'm easily over the 30 days out of service for lemon law. My brakes still squeak all the time (started keeping a log of when they act up per someone's suggestion), the car still lurches forward, and now the seats are squeaking. All of these problems get ignored by the dealer because they don't see them during the ride along and I'm not in the mood to leave my car at the dealer for a week so they can "look at it" all the while they won't give me a loaner because I'm not 25.

To the people who are probably going to respond with the really obvious answers to my problems. They've tried them, they have checked every TSB and done everyone that applies, still not fixed. That and while I was here looking up TSBs I came accross the battery cable recall. My car, A9111524, inside the affected VINs. No phonecall, no letter, not even a carrier pigeon as to let me know that my car was under recall. I had to tell the dealer about it, at which point he told me it wasn't really necessary.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just ...... frustrated, yea lets go with frustrated, with this whole situation. Again, sorry for the rant.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:46 AM   #41
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Pete,

I posted a while ago about some problems I was having (brakes and transmission). I'm pretty fed up with Chevrolet's customer service and service dept. service. Honestly, I'm probably getting blown off cuz I'm still a kid. *to clarify for those who toss me into the 16 year first car group: I saved up for a car, I saw Eleanor, I bought her, I earned the right to drive her in my book* Digressing, as of April my car had been in the shop 22 out of the 30 days of the month. I'm easily over the 30 days out of service for lemon law. My brakes still squeak all the time (started keeping a log of when they act up per someone's suggestion), the car still lurches forward, and now the seats are squeaking. All of these problems get ignored by the dealer because they don't see them during the ride along and I'm not in the mood to leave my car at the dealer for a week so they can "look at it" all the while they won't give me a loaner because I'm not 25.

To the people who are probably going to respond with the really obvious answers to my problems. They've tried them, they have checked every TSB and done everyone that applies, still not fixed. That and while I was here looking up TSBs I came accross the battery cable recall. My car, A9111524, inside the affected VINs. No phonecall, no letter, not even a carrier pigeon as to let me know that my car was under recall. I had to tell the dealer about it, at which point he told me it wasn't really necessary.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just ...... frustrated, yea lets go with frustrated, with this whole situation. Again, sorry for the rant.
Stieger,

Very sorry to hear about your problems and your frustrations. I was in the same position as you once with a truck so I know exactly how you feel. That was why I started this thread; so people know how and where to go for help. The dealer isn't always your friend nor do they always have yours or GM's interests in mind. Did you escalate to the customer support number? Did you send me your case number and other info? [Sorry if you did and I am asking again!] I will forward on your information and do whatever I can to assist. If you haven't been called by GM customer service yet then that is definitely the next step. Once you have exhausted that option, then I would look into the lemon law. The customer service rep should actually also be able to help you with that if you decide to go that route.

Pete
Old 05-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #42
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Not a problem Pete. Originally, back when things weren't that bad, I gave you my service number (71-816167637) and you forwarded me to some people. Which was a huge help don't get me wrong. I appreciate everything you and the other GM employees on the forum are doing to help us guys who are having problems. I had a customer service represenative contact me awhile ago, she scheduled a ride-along with a tech from one of the dealers I went to. Tech didn't notice any of the problems as "serious", and that my brake squeaking sound was from "water being boiled off of the rotors. Once all the waters gone it'll stop. I promise." That's verbatum by the way, that answer just didn't make any sense to me so I wrote it down. I'm happy to email you all of the notes I have from this whole process too at your request. Sorry, side note. Eventually my problems got escallated to the GM executive office department. They gave me a really nice package that gave me free maitance for a year, which I love and greatly appreciate. Downside to all that is that my rep there didn't help fix my problems, just told me to come back when they were more serious. In all honesty Pete, I don't want to cause trouble. I just want what is essentially a brand new SS not to have problems that my 98 wrangler would have. If I have to follow up on lemon law and get a lawyer then I will, I just don't want to things to come to that. Thanks again for all the help.