Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-29-2021, 10:39 AM   #1
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Blackvue Memory Card Question

Hey All,

I was recently gifted a Blackvue 590x 2 channel dash cam setup to replace my amazon bogus camera ive been using. I used the camera all weekend at the track at and LOVE IT. My only issue is the card is only a 32GB so unless i pulled videos the day of, i lost them by overwrite by the next day. The blackvue specific cards are expensive but im wondering if i can buy a different type and use that? Soooo Blackvue people.. what cards are you using??? im hoping I can snag a 128 or even a 256 to throw in there..

Arogg

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 01:59 PM   #2
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Guess im gonna have to be the guinea pig on this :( . Gonna try this one I found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Endur...51&sr=8-1&th=1

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Old 10-01-2021, 02:04 PM   #3
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
I've had great luck with the SanDisk cards.

Then I just started picking up the basic cards at my local Microcenter for dirt cheap. They've all worked great. As long as it's a Class 10 card, it'll have enough bandwith to record easily. The camera in my Camaro is a 1440p front and 1080p rear camera in one, and even the cheap Microcenter cards work flawlessly.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:20 AM   #4
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
I've had great luck with the SanDisk cards.

Then I just started picking up the basic cards at my local Microcenter for dirt cheap. They've all worked great. As long as it's a Class 10 card, it'll have enough bandwith to record easily. The camera in my Camaro is a 1440p front and 1080p rear camera in one, and even the cheap Microcenter cards work flawlessly.
Thanks! Im gonna order the one I linked above. I dont need it right now as im barely driving the car but ill swap it in eventually when i pull it all apart to the add the GPS module to the Blackvue as well.

Old 10-06-2021, 12:52 AM   #5
AlanRubin
Banned

Drives: 2010 LS
I grab USB, SDs, all that on NewEgg. I just got USB 2.0 32GB USB drives for
$3.99 each, limit as 3. If you keep an eye out, you can get large capacity SD cards
for real good prices. My last one was a 128GB for $13.99, something like that. I
use it in the Windows 10 Tablet I installed in my 2010. Got a track-ball mounted
to the console as well.
AlanRubin is offline   Reply With Quote