Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-31-2009, 01:57 PM   #15
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad's 2ss View Post
thanks everyone for clearing this up for me. It's still kinda nerve racking if you go on a long trip or even just want to go away for the weekend to be on the road without a spare. But I guess that is what Onstar is for. It will just suck having to wait for someone.
There is nothing stopping you from buying another wheel and outfitting it with a tire for a spare and storing it in the trunk. Eventually I will have an extra in my house until I go on long trips and will throw it in for the trip.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:11 PM   #16
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
Besides the compressor there is a can of tire sealant. Not worth reinflating if you don't plug the hole somehow.
tire sealant is temproary anyway just to get you somewhere to fix or replace the tire.

I drove my Skys for 3 years with no spare, Had one slow leak because of a screw in one tire, The tire pressure sensor warned me before it went flat so I got it fixed in time. They only came with a compressor and can of sealant also.
I am not worried.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:23 PM   #17
RayJRed

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2ss
They are vehicles out there that cost way more than the Camaro and they don't come with spares, the Corvette to name one.

My dealer offered me the spare for my 2ss/rs M6 but I declined it. I had a '91 Camaro that came with a spare but I removed the spare myself, too much extra weight....LOL and it got in the way....LOL

Road trips, no problem, I did those all the time in the '91. Don't plan on doing too many of those in the new 2ss/rs M6 though. Tire manfactures make tires much better these days. Long as you replace the tires when the thread gets low I don't see a problem. Enjoy and don't worry life is too short.

RayJRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:33 PM   #18
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
True True
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:38 PM   #19
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
If you get an LT with the RS package (with 20" wheels), can't you still get the optional spare tire, since the LT doesn't have Brembo brakes? If so, does anyone have the spare?
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote