Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 05:41 AM   #659
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
I hope you prove me wrong but I doubt you will. I have followed this project from early on and while you guys have done some amazing work, I don't think it will ever be completed. And here's why.

With any project there comes a time when you have to tell the good idea fairy to leave you alone. You guys can't seem to do that. Every new part that is on the horizon you try to incorporate. Every new idea that may be fractionally better than the last idea, you tear something apart to incorporate it. And with all of the changes you've made to the car, tuning will be $1M in track time to get it working well.

I will return here someday and hope to find this completed. But I fear I will not. Good luck guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 09-15-2015, 06:19 AM   #660
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
I can see your point! Its hard to believe this hole deal started because we didn't like how the heater hoses were routed, LOL. I'm not sure about the $1,000,000 parts though, maybe $750,000

We do have a couple of more ideas (well maybe three come to think of it) we would like to incorporate but that darn SEMA time clock is ticking. If we don't make it, then.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I hope you prove me wrong but I doubt you will. I have followed this project from early on and while you guys have done some amazing work, I don't think it will ever be completed. And here's why.

With any project there comes a time when you have to tell the good idea fairy to leave you alone. You guys can't seem to do that. Every new part that is on the horizon you try to incorporate. Every new idea that may be fractionally better than the last idea, you tear something apart to incorporate it. And with all of the changes you've made to the car, tuning will be $1M in track time to get it working well.

I will return here someday and hope to find this completed. But I fear I will not. Good luck guys.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:38 PM   #661
Moreno1

Rear end links

Name:  rear end links.jpg
Views: 1349
Size:  25.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0960.JPG
Views: 1387
Size:  566.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0965.JPG
Views: 1404
Size:  345.8 KB
Old 09-16-2015, 12:21 AM   #662
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:

And SEMA Cars of this caliber Never get driven. Most SEMA cars are not even functional, just display pieces.
2010 2SSRS A6, Custom Pat G. Cam, WCCH Cylinder Heads, Kooks Headers/Exhaust, BTR Valvetrain, Fluidampr 25% UDP, All Engine ARP bolts, Flex-a-lite radiator/Trans cooler, Yank converter, PFADT Suspension, ADM Race Intake/Scoop, Torq tow hook, CFD auto shifter, Dynojet AFR gauge, Aeroforce scan gauge, Brake Performance rotors/pads
Prothane bushings, ZL1 wheels, spoiler, Z/28 wickerbill, 1LE Aero/Suspension Package, Anderson Composites COPO Carbon Fiber Hood, LED lighting, Elite Catch Can, Improved Racing oil pan baffle, crank scraper, windage tray
480 RWHP 452 RWTQ + Nitrous Express 150 Shot
Old 09-16-2015, 04:25 PM   #663
newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX Camaro View Post
And SEMA Cars of this caliber Never get driven. Most SEMA cars are not even functional, just display pieces.

Somewhat my point. It was originally a few changes. Then it spiraled into the build of the century that was planned to set records as far as performance. Now it's morphed into some kind of show/race/showcase of parts and talent that may never be completed or meet its original intent. Again, I hope it gets finished and then driven hard. But I keep feeling like it won't happen.

It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 09-16-2015, 06:12 PM   #664
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Quote:

Quote:
Somewhat my point. It was originally a few changes. Then it spiraled into the build of the century that was planned to set records as far as performance. Now it's morphed into some kind of show/race/showcase of parts and talent that may never be completed or meet its original intent. Again, I hope it gets finished and then driven hard. But I keep feeling like it won't happen.
Geez, lots of hope, fear, doubt and feelings tossed around here.

I feel it will be amazing, hope they will offer more of these parts for sale, fear I will need to buy every part they make, and doubt they will have any trouble getting done in time for SEMA.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:30 PM   #665
newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG1LE View Post
Geez, lots of hope, fear, doubt and feelings tossed around here.

I feel it will be amazing, hope they will offer more of these parts for sale, fear I will need to buy every part they make, and doubt they will have any trouble getting done in time for SEMA.

Hahaha... Clearly you haven't followed the last couple years of SEMA prep for this car.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 09-16-2015, 10:20 PM   #666
Moreno1

Quote:
Hahaha... Clearly you haven't followed the last couple years of SEMA prep for this car.

None of your posts in this thread have been to a very positive tune...

When we started this project almost 4 years ago, i had never heard of a dry sump. Didnt know CAD, didnt know anything about machining, fabrication or welding. Heck i didn't know what a camber plate was... Nathan would agree when i say that we have learned a TREMENDOUS amount through this project, and most of it as we go. In fact, we both have visions for what we will do with our education, and a big part of that is thanks to this project.

Yes it is taking a long time; I think it will be worth it.

Please sit back, relax and enjoy the show ... we'll worry about getting her done.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:26 AM   #667
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
When we started this project almost 4 years ago, i had never heard of a dry sump. Didnt know CAD, didnt know anything about machining, fabrication or welding. Heck i didn't know what a camber plate was... Nathan would agree when i say that we have learned a TREMENDOUS amount through this project, and most of it as we go. In fact, we both have visions for what we will do with our education, and a big part of that is thanks to this project.
Isn’t that the truth! We have definitely learned a lot and most as we go.

I remind me being in my room on the computer and Justin coming in.....

Justin: What are you doing?"

Me: I think we should run a dry sump.

Justin: What’s that?

Me: Well, since we are going to be tracking the car, it’s a better oiling system.

Justin grabs his laptop, sits on the floor, back against the wall and begins to read. Two hours later he looks up and says

Justin: Yes, I think we should run a dry sump

He then preceded to design and plum the hole dry sump system.

To say he didn't know what camber plates were at the time we started, to now having Mutlimatic contact him to purchase a set of Justin design camber plates for a special project they are doing is pretty cool!

For him to fly out to Penske and spend a week there putting together our strut/shock package alongside the tech building formula one shocks is pretty cool!

I remember a member posting on our "Project Cleaning up the Clutter in Our Engine Bay" thread to use nut certs.... and I was..... what are nutcerts, LOL

BTW, that thread has now become a "Sticky" with almost a half million views is pretty cool!

So for three knuckleheads to build this car, make the friends we made on the forum and in the industry is been worth in and of itself. Whether or not we make SEMA is a bonus! It definitely won’t be for a lack of efforts as we are putting 80 plus hours a week to get her done.

Now back to our regular programming.To go from our original cardboard Fiber design

to these is definitely a step forward, LOL

Name:  G5R_brake_duct_img_001.JPG
Views: 1350
Size:  130.5 KB

Name:  G5R_brake_duct_img_004 (2).JPG
Views: 1363
Size:  87.4 KB

Name:  G5R_brake_duct_img_005 (2).JPG
Views: 1312
Size:  73.9 KB

Name:  G5R_brake_duct_img_006.jpg
Views: 1405
Size:  85.0 KB

Last edited by Moreno1; 09-17-2015 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:37 AM   #668
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Every great, legendary team started out not being great or legendary; but they had to start somewhere. You guys have done an incredible job to come as far as you have in such a short time. And really, you're still only at the beginning of a long and noteworthy career. Your computer modeling skills are impressive. Did you model that front end yourself or get that from GM? What software are you using?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 09-17-2015, 12:43 AM   #669
NW Sam

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Garnet Red
Keep up the great work and attention to the details. It is in the details that make it great. Sam
Old 09-17-2015, 11:25 AM   #670
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
I saw that pic with the carbon z28 diffuser with brackets fitted on it but the middle part is gone. I'm assuming its a custom diffuser in the works?

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:06 PM   #671
newb

I 100% acknowledge your efforts and certainly hope you get it finished. I want to see it as much as anyone. I'm glad you have learned a lot. But this wasn't started as a "let's see how much we can learn" thread. It's a project that I hope to see completed. And I have built projects that were far less involved and have taken as long if not longer. That's why I can say that there comes a time to draw the line and make it happen. Incorporating everything you see and hear of will only make you go insane restarting over and over.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 09-17-2015, 06:29 PM   #672
cypressh
Canadian

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Newb, I have read through this entire forum 3 or 4 times to see what was new and refresh my Memory as to what they were trying to do or accomplish. And as much as I want to say that you are wasting oxygen or serve space posting your pointless rants, I will err with my cautious side and say to each their own. I have been Involved with a Project that started out as a simple re paint and turn into an 8 year restoration project with my father on a 1980 Firebird.... in all honesty if your sick of coming in here and seeing that they decided to change something up or do something else that they didn't think of doing, stop coming into this thread and spilling your negativity in here no PROJECT is ever completely finished.

As far as this build is going I cant wait to see the outcome, I believe the blood sweat and tears the Moreno brothers have put into this car and project is nothing short of excellent work.

just my .02 Canadian Cents, which equates to .0075 American

Closed Thread