Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-17-2015, 01:46 PM   #15
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
I for one am glad that they kept the iconic look of the Camaro. Think about it, up until the 4th gen you could see one coming down the road and say, "LOOK A CAMARO" and then the 4th gen happened and sales went down hill. If they would have completely done a redesign and got rid of the iconic look of the Camaro, sales probably wouldn't be as good as I think they're going to be or as good as the 5th gen was. Here is another question I am thinking about. People bought the 5th gen because it was a new Camaro to many of the people out there. Now that many people have the current 5th gen, how many of those people are really going to be upgrading to a new camaro come the release of the 6th gen?
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 01:58 PM   #16
kain279

Drives: 335i
This C5/C6 talk is not making sense. The C5 looked more like the C4 than the C6......the C6 got rid of the flip up headlights and had sharp, angular edges/corners everywhere the C5 was soft or rounded.
kain279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:13 PM   #17
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain279 View Post
This C5/C6 talk is not making sense. The C5 looked more like the C4 than the C6......the C6 got rid of the flip up headlights and had sharp, angular edges/corners everywhere the C5 was soft or rounded.
Making sense was not the issue. The complaint about the C6 was styling related and specifically the perception people had trouble telling the difference.

I lived through it. Even the mags had the same complaint. You are correct, the headlight housing changed and the placement of the crossed flags on the rear deck changed so no one should have had trouble telling the difference.

But back then many said they did have trouble.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:29 PM   #18
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Is it worth getting rid of a great $55,000 car for a good $60,000 car,(I own a ZL1 and will not downgrade) or wait and hope for a great 2017-18 ground breaking redesign.
Just commenting on this one bit of the original post. I think the logical answer is a firm "no." The 5th gen ZL1 remains the poster child of the Camaro in a lot of people's minds when it comes to performance variants. Personally, seeing the ZL1 in games is what made me go out and buy a Camaro in the first place. Before that, I felt all Camaros were "transformer cars" and had horrible visions of bad Michael Bay movies.

6th gen is good. Not as iconic. Did they push the envelope far enough on design? Only on the front fascia, it seems. I still find the car's rear end and rear quarter panel design very... hard to warm up to. It makes for a ton of weird, off-putting angles for the car.

As far as pushing the envelope, mechanically? I would say they nailed it.

Last edited by RenegadeXR; 09-17-2015 at 02:53 PM.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:11 PM   #19
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Your on crack.....

But put it this way...I'm glad I have a ZL1....if I had a stock 5th gen I'd be upgrading to a 2SS 6th gen with NPP and MRC.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:11 PM   #20
stmbtwilli

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS
or wait and hope for a great 2017-18 ground breaking redesign. [/QUOTE]

This is just my personal opinion but this new Camaro is so far removed from any previous generation that to my mind it is truly ground breaking. Less weight/more power. The Alpha platform. Magnetic Ride Control. All new, highly upgraded interior. More personalization available from the factory. All of the items that Camaro owners wanted added or changed. And so much more.
This new Camaro may not be what everyone wants or expected but to me it is spectacular and I can't wait to own one.
Garnet Red Tintcoat 2SS
MRC
Dual Mode Exhaust
Adrenaline Red Interior
5 split spoke aluminum forged wheels
Black metallic rally stripes

Spring can't get here fast enough.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:14 PM   #21
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Compared to the fifth generation the 6th is underwhelming to say the least I don't care if the 6th Gen lost 1000lbs
Old 09-17-2015, 03:29 PM   #22
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Sales will be the proof.
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:57 PM   #23
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Asking if Chevy went far enough with the design is one thing. I really like the look a lot, but I can certainly see why some would want something different, or maybe further from the 5th gen.

But then you started talking engines and drivetrains, and in that case I have to say that I think it would be ridiculous to think that Chevy didn't take it far enough anywhere else, aside from the overall exterior look. Everything else is a nice leap compared to the 5th gen....engines, chassis, interior...all a great improvement in my opinion.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:06 PM   #24
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
I noticed something about zl1 owners.they are not as excited as RS/SS owners or guys like me who never owned one.maybe thats because they have a high power car and they don't like to downgrade but honestly it's not that much of a downgrade....you're getting an entirely new interior,much better build quality,lighter and more powerful(not compared to the zl1).but I get it,why buy a new 458 italia when you have the LAferrari.LOL
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 04:43 PM   #25
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
I noticed something about zl1 owners.they are not as excited as RS/SS owners or guys like me who never owned one.maybe thats because they have a high power car and they don't like to downgrade but honestly it's not that much of a downgrade....you're getting an entirely new interior,much better build quality,lighter and more powerful(not compared to the zl1).but I get it,why buy a new 458 italia when you have the LAferrari.LOL
I love the look and direction of the 6th Gen Camaro and will have one later in the cycle for sure, good lord willing to bless me with more time here on earth and financially secure enough that is.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:12 PM   #26
Wareaglea5

Drives: Gmc sierra
I don't understand the people who say the price is near the corvette price. If you need a bunch of options to be happy with the car, what makes you think you would be happy with the base vette? The vette needs a 5k z51 option to get the performance and appearance you see in the magazine reviews. There is a massive difference between financing a 40k Camaro and a 60k Corvette. These two cars, 1SS camaro and base vette, are closer in performance than they are in price, and I don't think anyone who really cares about performance is buying the base vette and passing on the bigger brakes, trans cooler, diff cooler, dry sump, aero, better tires, and wheels. It costs a lot of money for the "track ready" vette vs camaro.
Wareaglea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:11 PM   #27
69RSSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS/RS
I've been a Camaro fan for along time. First car was '67, then I had a '75 and now a restored '69. I fell in love with the 2010 the first time I saw one. I test drove a 2012 and was about to pull the trigger when I heard about the 1LE. Chevy really nailed it when the introduced this car. Again, I was so close to getting gin to a '14 1LE but had to hold out to see what '16 would bring. The tech in this thing is amazing! I really don't know how much further theory could have gone. Direct fuel injection, MRC, the light weight materials, my god the interior. I think they went far enough IF everything works the way it should. I'm again ready to pull the trigger.. but wait, these new 1LE videos have holding out until '17. Chevy is on a roll with the Camaro right now and are upping their game every time a new version comes out (knock on wood).
69RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:25 PM   #28
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wareaglea5 View Post
I don't understand the people who say the price is near the corvette price. If you need a bunch of options to be happy with the car, what makes you think you would be happy with the base vette? The vette needs a 5k z51 option to get the performance and appearance you see in the magazine reviews. There is a massive difference between financing a 40k Camaro and a 60k Corvette. These two cars, 1SS camaro and base vette, are closer in performance than they are in price, and I don't think anyone who really cares about performance is buying the base vette and passing on the bigger brakes, trans cooler, diff cooler, dry sump, aero, better tires, and wheels. It costs a lot of money for the "track ready" vette vs camaro.
This^
I don't get it either
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote